Nominations for GG20 Community Council

ICYMI, please make sure you’ve read the overview of the GG20 Community Council post first before nominating yourself here.

There will be a total of 7 council members that are elected to vote in the upcoming round. These members should be unbiased and knowledgeable web3 builders or delegates with experience in incentive programs or grants councils, and be familiar with the Gitcoin Grants program.

Council Responsibilities

• Vote on which Community Rounds should be funded by the Gitcoin matching pool in GG20 using the provided eligibility criteria and any evaluation rubrics
  • Set the matching ratios, offering flexibility ranging from 1:1 to 2:1 or beyond, based on what they deem most beneficial for their community. With the max matching that Gitcoin will provide at $25k p/round.
  • Each elected council member will go through a short security training with Gitcoin’s security consultant
  • MathildaDV will host an onboarding session with elected council members the week of February 26th.
    • To maximize time, the security training will be baked into this onboarding session.

Nomination Eligibility Criteria

• May not be a current full-time contributor at Gitcoin
  • May not be a round operator in the upcoming Community Rounds applying for matching
    Be able to vote March 11th - 15th.
  • Each applicant (those that become council members) will go through a quick security training with Gitcoin’s security consultant
    If any conflicts of interests arise, the person must abstain from voting for said round.

If you are interested in being a Community Council member for GG20, please reply to this post with the following:

1. Applicant Name:
  2. Twitter:
  3. Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:
  4. Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:
  5. Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively:
  6. Any anticipated conflicts of interest:

Self-nomination period is open until 11pm UTC February 20th

For further questions, you can leave a comment here or direct message mathildaDV on Twitter.

Eligibility criteria for GG20 Community Rounds will be on the gov forum later this week in order to give adequate time for proposals and fundraising.

17 Likes
  1. Applicant Name: Wasabi
  2. Twitter: @WasabiNetwork
  3. Applicant Summary, including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position: Founder & Secretary at Kokonut Network, Summoner of Kokonut DAO in 2021. I’ve been in crypto since ~2013. Communities = Everything, I would like to participate in this experiment to keep expanding my understanding of how healthy communities are built.
  4. Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives: Been a grantee since GR15, with an acceptable performance over the course of 5 rounds as a Climate Solutions Grantee.
  5. Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively: No prior experience in this field, but just joined a Community Initiative that is directly related to community development.
  6. Any anticipated conflicts of interest: None that I’m aware of.
10 Likes
  • Applicant Name:

Devansh Mehta

• Twitter:

https://x.com/TheDevanshMehta

• Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:
  1. journalist active in the gitcoin community & governance since the beta round

2. inspired by the idea of permissionless fundraising for any impact creator & want to help make gitcoin a success

3. being on the council will give me good ideas for twitter content where i blog daily

• Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:

Participation in web3 community and education round, citizens round, buidlbox hackathon

Also participated in DoraHacka quadratic funding rounds in 2021-22

• Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively:

Worked in nonprofit media for 5 years prior to entering web3. Had to write tons of grant applications & liaison with deep pocketed foundations

Also part of octants governance council and grantee of plurality labs for ArbitrumDAO

• Any anticipated conflicts of interest:

My project voicedeck (funding journalists based on purchase of hypercerts representing their real world impact) may apply to some of the community rounds

I would abstain from voting in any round that my project would apply in

15 Likes

Name
Carl Cervone
@carl_cervone

Summary
I’m a Gitcoin steward, currently working on Open Source Observer (measuring impact of open source contributions), and previously was with hypercerts and Protocol labs. I have past experience in startups, sustainability, & microfinance. I’ve also spent significant time living & working in the global south. I’d love to see more longtail public goods funding and specifically help communities build ladders for promising projects to climb in funding and reputation.

Prior Involvement in Gitcoin
I am a steward and an active member of the Steward Council. My project Open Source Observer was in GG19. I participated in the first Gitcoin Citizen’s Round. I worked part-time for a season with FDD.

Prior Experience in Grants or Delegate Programs
In addition to being a Gitcoin steward (and delegate), I’m an Optimism delegate and RetroPGF badgeholder, and new member of Octant’s governance. I play a small role in other funding DAOs (eg, Orange DAO, Public Nouns). I have a lot of experience in the world of traditional grantmaking fwiw.

Conflicts of Interest
I’m pretty deep in the space, so there will likely be communities or projects using the platform that I have some connection with. I will be proactive in flagging any COIs that may influence my voting or objectivity. I will abstain from any votes that my current project (Open Source Observer) would ever apply to.

15 Likes

ame
Popescu Razvan Matei aka ZER8
[@zer8_future](https://twitter.com/zer8_future

Summary
I’m an engineer, creative and a regen pg warrior that strives to create a wordl in which equal access is no longer a dream. I have a huge passion and will to see this space succeed and I believe my actions are a testament to that, always speaked my mind even if that didn’t always make me friends

Currently I am managing and executing grant programs for Arbitrum DAO, specifically the Arbitrum on Gitcoin programs(we had three grant rounds :Domain, Grant fest and Citizens retro round and a matching program that matches rounds that chose to run on Gitcoin). Since 2020 I’ve strived to improve, create and help the web3 public goods scene by connecting people, supporting builders(had over 100 private conversations with em pro bono)building, consulting small projects and saving funding via removing bad actors from grant programs.
Love experimentation via QF while leveraging web3 tooling and protocols. Just created the first ever QF round to fund a major ETH event :smiley:

Prior Involvement in Gitcoin
Since 2021 I contributed to Gitcoin in numerous workstreams, but I mainly I worked as a reviewer in 2021 and in 2022 I was the Grant Eligibility lead in the FDD(Jan 2022-Dec 2022), responsible for reviewing all the grant applications during the high frequency bull market GGs(12-15). I am a Steward at the moment who worked closely with Gitcoin via the Arbitrum partnership enabled by PL last year.

Prior Experience in Grants or Delegate Programs
My career for the past 4 years has been focused on grant programs in web3-90% focused on QF grant programs. I’ve co-managed part of the GG rounds (12-15) due to my role as GE lead, reviewed over 3000 grant applications and successfully managed/executed three QF rounds(from sourcing grants, reviewing, to creating, marketing, executing and last but not least screening for sybils)- the Arbitrum on Gitcoin Rounds
I like to think that I am proficient in analyzing grant programs shortfalls(especially QF based grant programs), have developed an intuition on what works and what doesn’t and have the experience to back it.

Conflicts of Interest
I am a advocate of credible neutrality in web3 and will be 100% transparent about any possible COI that might arise. I am quite involved in web3, know a lot of people/projects and also contributed to numerous communities/DAOs. My role as PM for the Arbitrum on Gitcon programs does not create any COI, but if it does I will happily signal them.

8 Likes
  1. Applicant Name: Pavel Fedotov

2. Social Media:

Twitter: @pfedprog

LinkedIn Profile: Pavel Fedotov - Pin Save

Primary languages spoken: English, Russian, some Spanish

1. Applicant Summary, including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:

As a seasoned Full Stack Blockchain Developer with over 3 years of hands-on experience, I am keenly interested in contributing to the GG20 Community Council as a member. My extensive expertise in developing decentralized applications (dApps) within the Ethereum, Optimism, Filecoin and Arbitrum ecosystems, along with my active involvement in numerous grant programs and mentoring initiatives such Mina zkIgnite and Arbitrum mini grants, positions me well to fulfill the responsibilities of a council member. My proficiency in languages such as Rust, Solidity, Python, and JavaScript, and my track record of recognition and awards from prominent blockchain platforms attest to my technical competence and commitment to advancing public goods.

1. Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:

Here is my first on gitcoin governance forum dated to December 2nd 2021.

And my most popular post:

1. Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively:

I have been actively engaged as an elected member of the ArbitrumDAO Mini-Grants Council at Plurality Labs, contributing to “Our Biggest Minigrants Yet” for JokeRace. Furthermore, as the Founder of Pin Save, a decentralized Pinterest dApp, I am immersed in the Mina Navigators program until at least April 2024, holding the RetroPGF 3 grant and preparing to apply for the optimism RetroPGF 4. Additionally, my role as a mentor in the Mina ZkIgnite 2 cohort, which receives funding from the 500k USDC and 500k MINA tokens grant pool, reflects my active participation in driving growth within the blockchain ecosystem.

In arbitrum procurement committee elections received 13m in ARB tokens.

Through my entrepreneurial endeavors and involvement in grant initiatives, I have acquired valuable experience in evaluating and facilitating grants and delegate programs. My role as a council member and founder has provided me with insight into the dynamics of incentive programs and grant councils, aligning with the responsibilities of a GG20 Community Council member.

1. Any anticipated conflicts of interest: My project PinSave may apply to open source round.
    I would abstain from voting in any round that my project would apply in as well as @thedevanshmehta
8 Likes

@CryptoReuMD @ReneHdz @ocandocrypto @MonicaTalan @ASTRO-HSU @jengajojo @tkgshn @QuickMythril @ivanmolto @panpanpan

Would love to see you apply here.

13 Likes

[UPDATE]: I have removed the below from the criteria:

• May not be affiliated directly or with the org/community that plans to run a community round in the upcoming round
    • For example, You work at X org, and X org runs a round

And I have added the following:

If any conflicts of interests arise, the person must abstain from voting for said round.

This update will not effect anyone who has already nominated themselves, but it moves to opening up the pool more broadly for potential nominees/council members that we believe hold high context within the ecosystem to make informed decisions on Community Rounds funding.

5 Likes

1. Applicant Name:
Izzy

2. Twitter:
@izzylawrence11

3. Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:
As a seasoned project manager and community builder, I believe in the power and voice of the community, which is the back bone of any organization. For the past few years I have been involved in various leadership rolls in Web3 communities and my knowledge seems to increase with each experience. I tend to fully commit these diverse insights towards this CC initiative as my learning curve increases. I also have experience with small startups, both traditional and Web3, that cultivate and stand on the communities vision while staying true to the initial goal. Born in West Africa and schooled in East Coast USA, I have a diverse yet unified point of view which allows me to objectively make decisions that amicably benefit each party involved. Lastly, I would love to see more opportunities for smaller communities that could eventually grow into bigger impact generators with the right push and transparency.
In short, I’m a huge fan of GC and would love the opportunity to learn from the community and also contribute my insights.

4. Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:
I reviewed Hypercerts that was associated with Greenpill Network’s last QF round. As a GP Network lead, I have working knowledge of the Grant Stack. With this knowledge, I have marketed GS to various communities that could not only be grantees, but also some that could possibly utilize the Stack to run their own rounds in order to grow their communities. This speaks to the wide spectrum of communities that I interact with. Also, GP Nigeria, which I lead, was part of GG19 as a grantee.

5. Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively:
I am currently a council member in the Arbitrum’s “Biggest Mini-Grant” 8 weeks weekly initiative.

6. Any anticipated conflicts of interest:
A COI that I see would be that SoundView, a creator hub that I initiated with some colleagues, maybe applying to some of the creator community rounds if there are any. Another potential COI could be that I am a GreenPill Network lead although we are not running a round during GG20 but instead prior to it.

8 Likes

Name: Lana Dingwall

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lanzdingz

Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:

I am a core team member of The GreenPill Network and help co-create and facilitate various trainings both online and in real life to help people learn how to use crypto-focused regenerative tooling (grants stack, retropgf, giveth, DAO tooling, etc.). I am a DAO contributor and community builder with experience in governance systems and network development. With over 8 years of experience as a coach and business consultant, I bring a lot of entrepreneurial experience and work ethic to what I do.

Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:

I am actively engaged in the Gitcoin forum and community. I am a round operator and co-created/facilitated the Grants Stack Round Manager Training, which had 50+ trainees (many of whom are now running their own community rounds) https://gov.gitcoin.co/t/announcing-the-launch-of-round-managers-training-pilot-cohort/16724

Currently, I am co-creating/facilitating the EasyRetroPGF training (60+ trainees) https://gov.gitcoin.co/t/easyretropgf-xyz-training-program-pilot-cohort-1/17444

I helped with the GPN-Hypercerts-Grants Stack - experiment https://gov.gitcoin.co/t/lessons-from-greenpill-networks-hypercerts-impact-funding-experiment/17257.

I was also an active contributor to starting Quadratic Friends (a group that supported onboarding and highlighting different education/community-focused projects during gg15) and helped create onboarding resources for first-time grantees, donors (Gitcoin Passport), and how to get funds onto an L2 to donate. As well, I have been a grantee with GPN, + Ottawa GreenPillxRootedLABs.

Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively:

I am an Unlock Protocol DAO delegate, Optimism delegate, and also a new member of Octant’s governance (and helping craft its structure). I have operated multiple community rounds as a rounds operator, including spearing heading raising funds for them. Furthermore, I have 6 years of experience in the nonprofit/fundraising world.

Any anticipated conflicts of interest:

I am a part of The GreenPill Network, which has run past community rounds. However, we will be running our round prior to GG20. If elected for future rounds, I would abstain from voting on anything related to GPN.

11 Likes

i very much appreciate the notice, and i am glad to see this opportunity for the community to be more involved. i would be interested to take part, however i plan to operate a round in GG20. if i find someone else to manage that, or decide not to apply the project for a grant, i might be available to apply in the future. thank you!

5 Likes

Yey ill do it my fiends

• Applicant Name: Cryptoreumd

• Twitter: https://twitter.com/cryptoreumd

• Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:
    I have a deep interest in public goods and how to help communities with fewer opportunities or those with little or no representation to grow. Enabling them to have access to funding tools, as well as opportunities for the creation of applications or revenue streams for communities.

• Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:
    My previous experience, I have been a curator at GG19, as well as a participant in GG since round 16 with ETH Mexico, very fortunate for what I have learned so far. I also ran the first Mexican round at Optimism and now I’m coordinating the communities round at Arbitrum. With plans for a third round on Optimism, open.
    I am very passionate and happy with what I do and eager to learn at all times.

• Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively:
    I am currently on behalf Nacion Bankless as champion and coordinator, with a lot of enthusiasm I have been in charge of applications for NounsAamigos DAO, Push Protocol, Arbitrum, RPGF3, Gitcoin in rounds 17, 18 and 19, plus previous experience for Ethereum Mexico in round 16.
    I have also participated in clr.fund, Giveth, BanklessDAO Grants committee calls as a listener and NounsDAO Amigos.
    I’ve been around the forum, posting my learnings and opportunities for growth.
    Our first round. Outstanding effort and help from LATAM
    A Gitcoin Experience

• Any anticipated conflicts of interest:
    What every human being must declare is a possible failure of coordination, of which we will always be at risk. However, at this point my preparation, performance and desire outweigh any interest to failure.
    I am a member of the ethics and research committee in real life, so part of my day is the declaration of conflicts of interest, so I endorse that I will not vote for any initiative that involves direct or indirect gain to me, rather than the satisfaction of seeing them grow.
    [/quote]

TY my friend to see my name over here @carlosjmelgar and for all the work that you did and the learning and teaching that you are always giving to me.

5 Likes

Name:
DuckDegen

Twitter:
@duckdegen

Summary:
I’m the founder of JobStash, a job aggregator as a public good.
I’ve got close to two decades in experience consulting on larger projects and managing stakeholders, gathering requirements, and reaching clarity from murky or underspecified requirements.
Additionaly I’ve worked as a Developer, as a Technical Director, as a Sales Sonsultant and as a DevRel throughout my career.

Prior Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:
I am active in the GitCoin Telegram community and by provide insights, help and data to individuals in need.
I’ve built reporting tools that aid GG recipients identify their donations in a convenient way.
I’ve supported community rounds in the past by being a round operator for the Africa&Latam DevConnect Volunteer rounds and was involved in handling the DevConnect Volunteer round as well, by making sure that payouts are matching expected payouts, in collaboration with others (Koko and Carlos).

Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs:
I applied to lots of grant programs and am currently building a database of organizations that have active grant programs.
I have a natural curiosity when it comes to grant programs and to crypto ecosystems, and would love to be involved further with GitCoin.

Conflicts of interest:
I anticipate to introduce JobStash as a candidate grantee for GG20. JobStash has already been a grantee in GG18 and GG19 in the Education&Community rounds.
I am connected to lots of projects in the space, but will flag any COIs which might influence my voting or objectivity as they emerge. I will fully recuse myself from assessing my own project (JobStash) in any way or form.

6 Likes

you are now eligible to apply fren

2 Likes

Only the affiliation piece was removed. If someone is planning on being a round operator in a community round that will apply for funding they won’t be eligible. And from my understanding @QuickMythril is planning on being a round operator?

1 Like

Applicant Name: @jengajojo
Twitter: jengajojo
Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position:

I’m an active steward at Gitcoin and run a governance services firm as well as an active delegate in several DAOs. GG20 is the first time that community members are truly involved in the decision making at GGs and I’d like to leverage my years of experience as an analyst in web2 combined with my web3 expertise to steward this GG round forward and help optimise the program for the future iterations

Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives:

• Active Steward since April 23
  • Proposed initiatives [1,2] to accelerated product adoption

Co-founder of DAOplomats, a governance services org focused on org design, treasury management, education and tokenomics advisory.

• Former member of Grants Committiee and current Governance Dept. Lead at BanklessDAO
  • Recognized delegate at 1inch & AAVE DAO
  • Active delegate at RARI, Optimism, Arbitrum and SAFE DAOs

None for GG20

9 Likes

Applicant Name: Crystal Street

Twitter: @crystaldstreet / Farcaster: @cstreet

Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position: My work tenure at Consensys as Director of Community recently came to an end and I’m looking to again amplify my activities in the public goods and impact spaces. I’m a founding member at JournoDAO and our work intersects with many of the DAOs in the community impact spaces and I’d like to support these organizations by participating in the Council. I’ve also been an active contributor to multiple impact DAOs over the years and worked as a professional community builder and comms nerd since 2017.

Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives: I’ve been a voting participant in past GC rounds and JournoDAO has participated in multiple rounds as well. And am just a big fan of the work Gitcoin does for our ecosystem.

Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively: In 2021-22, I worked at Unlock Protocol as the community manager. We had an active grant program and I helped coordinate grant recipients for monthly demos at our town halls as well as working daily to support our grantees and our independent grant committee. After my time as the community manager ended, I was voted to be on the grant selection committee for Unlock and continued supporting their grants program until the team decided to sunset the program. I’ve also written several successful grant applications with my team at JournoDAO.

I also was a multiple grant recipient and member of the Class of 1938 Fellowship at UNC Chapel Hill, the Marvin Naiman Scholar grant recipient at Naropa University 2022-23 and have written and been awarded multiple academic and foundation grants over the years for my photography.

Any anticipated conflicts of interest: None that I can see.

5 Likes

Sure!

• Applicant Name: Astro Hsu

• Twitter: mnhsuTW

• Applicant Summary including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position: I am the founder and author of Blocktrend, a platform dedicated to the Web3 space in the Chinese language since 2017, with a subscriber base of 15,000 Chinese readers from worldwide. My engagement with Gitcoin Grants began four years ago and since then, I have actively participated in various forms of public goods funding, including Optimsim RPGF, Giveth, and Octant, making me one of the most deeply involved individuals in public goods funding within the Chinese-speaking community. My interest in becoming a GG20 Community Council member stems not only from my personal passion but also from my commitment to educating and involving my 15,000 subscribers in the public goods funding ecosystem through my media platform. This background equips me with the practical experience necessary to effectively contribute as a member of the GG20 Community Council.

• Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives: I have been actively involved with Gitcoin since 2020, initially as a grantee, and have deepened my participation in each round since 2023, especially after Gitcoin’s move towards decentralization. I have consistently engaged in the Education Round or the Global Chinese Community Round, making me one of the earliest and most active followers of Gitcoin’s evolution within the Chinese-speaking community.

• Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively: I serve as a delegate for Optimism, and my additional experience primarily lies in participating in various grants programs. Beyond engaging with Gitcoin, I have also been involved with Giveth, where I recently became a featured project, and Octant, as a certified project participant. Moreover, I am a recipient of awards from Optimism RPGF in both RPGF2 and RPGF3 rounds. Additionally, I am among the pioneers in Taiwan experimenting with the Hypercerts mechanism, showcasing my broad involvement and commitment to advancing the ecosystem through various grant and delegate programs.

• Any anticipated conflicts of interest: Should I be selected for the GG20 Community Council position, I commit to not applying as a participant in any Community Round for GG20 to address and mitigate any conflict of interest concerns.

4 Likes

Applicant Name: Jeremy Nathaniel Akers
Twitter: @gospelofchange
As an agent/operator I use Liberating Structures to empower curiosity, care and courage of players by including and unleashing everyone to participate in discussions. As a governerd I guide conversations so that groups can practice self discovery of what they could, should, will do and how they will go about whatever they have decided. I make use of many different decision making modalities from consent based decision making (sociocratic circle method), to Deep Democracy and Strategic Doing. As a teacher/elder I help spread the skill of communication so that we can build trust as we go to amplify both freedom and responsibility as we learn by failing forward. This is often achieved by making tests explicit by clarifying hypothesis and determining how we can validate/falsify them. As a community weaver I create opportunities to bring people with aligned values in different subcultures together so that we can grow the cultural mycelium of regeneration by connecting what already exists. I do this through convening spaces, organizing gatherings and invitation to structure that liberates. As a mediator I resolve disputes by clarifying the stack of data, inference and action people are holding in order to enable the creative destruction of stereotypes and emphasize possibilities. As an Organizational Game Designer I engage in seriously-playful curiosity so that we can nurture deep trust in people and local solutions. I do all these things by being the vibe I want to see in the world.
Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives: donated in nearly every round since 14. I’ve had had several projects in both the climate as well as community and education round. One of those projects, Regens Unite, has had a campaign to onboard Regens non-native to web3 to the both donate as well as to add projects. I hosted an “Onboarding Meetup” at the EU’s Climate Knowledge and Innovation Community leading to a current exploration of how they might run a test making use of the affordances of web3. I’ve participated in countless twitter spaces and Gitcoin Radio Sessions.
Beginner’s mind
Regens Unite, Wise Crowds Liberating Structures DAO, Gravity DAO are projects that will potentially be applying for future rounds

Special shoutout to @thedevanshmehta for his twitter thread highlighting this opportunity for service

6 Likes
  • Applicant Name: Azeem Khan
  • Twitter: https://twitter.com/azeemk_
  • Applicant Summary: including why interested in applying for a GG20 Community Council member position: Spent almost two years at Gitcoin with December 31st, 2023 having been my last day. Helped lead a lot of cool things that happened with the DAO in the almost two years I was there. Would be cool to help with this.
    *** Involvement in Gitcoin Grants community or prior initiatives**: Helped lead the program for some time.
  • Prior experience in either Grants or Delegate Programs, respectively: Was in the workstream that handled grants for the time I was at Gitcoin.
    Any anticipated conflicts of interest: N/A
7 Likes