How should I change my delegations? [Q3 2022]

here is a preliminary look at what i’m thinking about doing for delegations this season.

i added comments for transparency reasons. but none of these thoughts should be construed as directing anything in the dao. its data not direction. in sum, & hopefully when more GTC holders start posting reports like this, stewards will have a composite picture of feedback from their constituents how they are doing in their stewardship of GitcoinDAO.

tentative s15 delegations

(right click save if you need to zoom in)

how im thinking about criteria for how i choose delegates

request form

i launched this form i to allow for feedback into my delegations. here is a report that shows how many requests i got + how many i acted upon

feedback welcome

i would like to solicit feedback from you all about how i should change my delegations for S15/S16.

pls come to my office hours or fill out this form if you have feedback for me (anon responses ok). or if you can comment below as long as your comment meets the forum guidelines and code of conduct.

if you have GTC you should feel free to post a similar transparency report!

for other ppl who have over 20k (ish) worth of GTC, feel free to comment below about whom you’re delegating to and why! i wrote more about why this is a good idea here.

past delegation updates from me:

6 Likes

last call for delegations suggestions! i will be submitting s15 changes by middle of this week

fill out this form if you have a suggestion https://forms.gle/6dkw2P9ybvvepznA6

I just officially applied as a steward and would love your consideration for s15 delegations as I get more involved with governance now that I am finally in the DAO full time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is an updated look at things from my side after a bunch of juggling.

Criteria mostly remain the same from the OP, though I will say 4 things I find myself asking a lot, which could dominate my thinking for S16:

• How might the DAO advance Grants 2.0 towards its essential intent in S16? Who are the right stewards to empower to make this happen?
  • How might the DAO advance Passport towards its essential intent in S16? Who are the right stewards to empower to make this happen?
  • How might the DAO get contributors who are in the wrong roles out of the wrong roles and into the right ones? Who are the right stewards to empower to make this happen?
  • How might the DAO enable Kevin to decentralize these governance allocations to a long tail of up and coming leaders, such that no one is above 10% of Kevin’s allocations and there are 50 up and coming leaders who are enabled?

As always:

3 Likes