This weekly post has the ambition to summarise what’s been going on in the Gitcoin DAO Governance. Topics, ideas, proposals, and votes will be listed with links for further reading and discussion. If there’s anything missing please reach out!
The Llama DAO Members @HelloShreyas, @AcceleratedCapital authored a thread on Gitcoin Treasury Vision that “aims to outline and ratify a treasury management framework that aligns with Gitcoin’s values and mission”.
The first Gitcoin stewards unconference chats was hosted by @anett on the 18th. The ambition of these calls is to have “non formal chat together, share memes, share whatever we want. The outcome should be to build relationships as the DAO moves faster when people know each other and create a more friendly atmosphere in DAO.”
The gitcoindao.com site has launched as a first point of contact for new members of the community as well as a place to keep track of everything that’s going on in GitcoinDAO.
The first workstream budget has been passed and is waiting for execution on Tally!
Seeking a New Kind of Public Good has concluded, and led to a number of participants interested in helping push the workstream forward!
We are actively seeking new members to help with onboarding and moderation, if you’re interested and want to earn some governance rights please reach out!
- Moonshot Collective had our prototyping engine turn over for the first time this week! Our first project, Quadratic Diplomacy, has tokens flow through it according to member votes, and this working prototype is a landmark first victory for Moonshot Collective!
- The vote to ratify the Decentralize Gitcoin - Workstream budget request for Q3 2021 has passed and action has been taken to push forward on a formal on-chain vote.
- Created spec for decentralized curation that will seed experimentation builds through a hackathon as well as the Moonshot Collective.
- Starting conversations around utilizing the composable pieces of dGrants in other systems like clr.fund as well as utilizing pieces of projects like clr.fund in dGrants.
- Contributor Management
- Setup diagram showing intended mechanism design for dRewards
- New FDD Workstream Calendar setup
- The vote on the Budget Proposal for Q3 2021 is live on Snapshot until 8/22
- Notion setup with Actions & tasks for accountability & internal comms plan
- Potential name change to “Blue Team Workstream”
Anti-Sybil Substream (Danilo/Blockscience)
- Building microservices to support a 12 hour cycle time for continuous updates from the ML algorithm to QF results
- Prototyping a user interface for improved human evaluation experience
- Designing feature set pipeline for continuous updates to the model
Data & DevOps Substream (Philip Hutchins)
- Initial call to define scope Short/Medium/Long term
- Onboarded initial contributors
- Discussed cross-stream collaborations with dGrants & Moonshots
- Standing up new DAO GCP, Github, Microservices for Anti-Sybil
- Developing strategy to maximize availability of data to the community without compromising PII including cGrants, dGrants, Gitcoin users, etc.
Research & Policy Substream (TBD)
- Open Science Research
- Started Planning -GR11 Research sprint to find mathematically optimal scoring system for curation game generating Sybil score
- Choosing a coordinator next week
- Grants policy
- Clarified policy connections from cGrants to dGrants
- Developing a dispute resoluiton mechanism design with sanctions following Ostrom’s 8 principles
- Multiple submissions for legal advisors on retainer for DAO as part of the dRewards stream
- Open Science Research
- Working with Bob Jiang to develop stream deliverables for Q3
- Assess feasibility of launching with unfunded substream
- Plan to stand up and then spin our the support stream
MMM is coordinating with The Moonshot Collective to run a first external test-run of MC’s first projects; Quadratic Diplomacy.
A mapping of the Quadratics Lands is being finalized together with a couple more visuals for the Gitcoin DAO Governance Process.
The workstream has soft launched a website at https://www.m-m-m.xyz/. The site is currently pointing towards the workstream page on Notion as the website is being built out.