This weekly post has the ambition to summarize what’s been going on in the Gitcoin DAO Governance. Topics, ideas, proposals, and votes will be listed with links for further reading and discussion. If there’s anything missing please reach out!
The Gitcoin Grantee Content Creation + Storytelling-Workstream proposal by @thealexyao has been updated after feedback from the community. @ken and @Pop are continuing to provide guidance to iterate towards a version to be put to vote.
@owocki authored a thread on how Gitcoin/GitcoinDAO Egregore is Emerging. The post is “designed to provide some food for thought on Gitcoin/GitcoinDAO - where it’s been, where it is not, and where it’s going.”
- The public goods discussion group held its second meeting to help onboard new contributors and get more people thinking about public goods in the context of @ceresstation and @Toby’s call to action.
- The first workstream budget by @Yalor has passed and is waiting to be put on Tally for on-chain ratification.
- The budget proposal put forward by @austingriffith and the Moonshot Collective workstream for Q3 2021 passed and action has been taken to push forward on a formal on-chain vote.
- The vote for the Decentralize Gitcoin Workstream budget is live with a deadline on Aug 17th.
- The requests made by @owocki to decentralize Gitcoin’s hosting, Gitcoin Quests, Gitcoin Kudos, Gitcoin Avatar Builder and Gitcoin Profiles has received multiple proposals from the community.
Fraud Detection & Defense (FDD-WG) former Anti-Sybil/Anti-Fraud
- A budget request proposal to fund the FDD-WG workstream for Q3 2021 was posted by @DisruptionJoe.
- The workstream is ramping up for GR11 to ensure robust fraud detection
MMM is currently working on a number of starting projects:
- A new public goods merch website
- Steward cards to help the community understand
- Map of the quadratic lands
- Onboarding new team members and increasing Meme VelocityTM
That’s it for this week in Gitcoin DAO governance, feel free join the discussions via the links and on Discord!