This is request for someone to come up with a new decentralized experience for managing gitcoin profiles.
This includes The reputation information on Gitcoin profiles
As we progressively decentralize Gitcoin, the Gitcoin Holdings company is interested in decentralizing the data that we host on each end-user.
An ideal candidate would be have the following principles:
- Simplicity - products that do ONE THING and do it WELL.
- Antifragility - Well-documented Decentralized products that our community can run without the centralized company.
- Modularity - products that easily unix-style interoperate with each other.
An ideal proposal would:
- leverage IPFS or ceramic network/IDX to store information, and would make it easily navigable in non-Gitcoin contexts.
- setup a simple way of migrating data from the centralized site to the decentralized storage area.
- provide some way to view SOME of the data in a decentralized way
- does not need to include ALL gitcoin information, but could progressively move all information over.
- Who are you
- What is your proposal to build this
- What is your timeline to build this
- What do you need (funding, etc)
Please submit your proposal as a comment on the gov forum thread.