This weekly post has the ambition to summarize what’s been going on in the Gitcoin DAO Governance. Topics, ideas, proposals, and votes will be listed with links for further reading and discussion. If there’s anything missing please reach out!
One year after the community rallied behind the grant to fund the research and implementation of EIP1559, Tim Beiko and the team have now sent back the extra funds to the matching pool! Due to the price increase of ETH and a generous donation by the EF the team is sending back more than double the amount they raised in USD terms; $200,000.
The proposal for CLR Fund to receive 40k GTC has passed, acting as the first major “impact” (non-operational) funding decision in the DAO. Many more to come.
@krrisis and @linht.tran have started formalizing the library into a weekly discussion group, bringing in high quality speakers from across the ecosystem to discuss how we can think more deeply about the values we’re looking to push forward in the space
@jihad has started giving some thought to how to structure the fundraising champions substream and start building a group of engaged funder’s league members
@metahands authored a proposal to “seek the community’s support for creating 3D versions of each MoonshotBot, and then making the files available as free downloads for MSB holders.” A 3D model prototype can be viewed by entering the password: publicgoods.
- All UI designs for dGrants POC have been built and are being merged today
- Successfully deployed dGrants to Rinkeby
- Base structure for dGrants documentation created and deployed using docusaurus
- @DisruptionJoe authored a thread titled FDD Grant Approval Policy for DAOs to have a “productive discussion around what criteria should be considered and what the thresholds should be for inclusion”. @Huxwell replied with insight on the template and methods used by Protocol Labs.
- Discord support channel open spots (contributors)! - We (GitcoinDAO) need you, if you are:
- The existing gitcoin.co user and familiar with grants/bounties etc.
- Love to help others to answer their any questions related with gitcoin
- Passion to grow gitcoindao
- Apply this position (Gitcoin DAO Onboarding) → input “discord support” as your 2nd question answer.
- The MMM-Workstream has published a Q4 budget proposal for review, feedback is welcome!
- A Gitcoin DAO newsletter is spinning up from the copywriting substream of MMM. The Newsletter is intended to keep Stewards and the broader GitcoinDAO Community up to speed on the most relevant discussions and proposals from the past week. The tone is casual and a quick TL;DR that hits your inbox once a week.
- A second iteration of Memepalooza is being planned to take place at the end of the month. The event is a collaborative experiment to create and celebrate great memes on the topics of public goods, web3 and the values of Gitcoin DAO together with the broader community.
That’s it for this week in Gitcoin DAO governance. Feel free to join the discussions via the links above and on Discord, and visit the Gitcoin DAO Event calendar to keep yourself updated on what’s to come!