This weekly post has the ambition to summarize what’s been going on in the Gitcoin DAO Governance. Topics, ideas, proposals, and votes will be listed with links for further reading and discussion. If there’s anything missing please reach out!
- The discussion on Gitcoin Round 11 Matching Pool Allocations has been ongoing with comments, ideas and suggestions from the Stewards and community. The vote on Snapshot to ratify the allocations proposed by _:fire: has been ratified.
- The proposal to issue a 40k GTC grant to CLR.fund has been ratified.
- The Monthly Steward Call happened Monday. Agenda and notes provided by @Anett.
- After a discussion in the Monthly Steward Call @owocki authored a thread raising the question: What are the KPIs that GitcoinDAO Optimizes for? @Toby commented with some suggestions for trackable, quantified KPIs.
- @Toby raised some questions in the Gitcoin Treasury Vision thread regarding a treasury management plan and strategy.
- The second Steward Unconference Chat this week by @Anett. The goal of these calls is to “meet stewards & friends and have non formal chats together, share memes and chat about whatever we want.”
- DAOs - The New Coordination Frontier - a comprehensive report on DAO creators curated by GitcoinDAO and BanklessDAO has been published by @owocki. Key takeaways can be found in the thread on Twitter.
- @codingsh authored a thread to discuss the formation of a DAO focused on our mental health.
- Formal discussions on deploying the first workstream budget are set to take shape on Monday! Join the call here
- The treasury management doc by @HelloShreyas is still up for discussion, please leave comments!
- Judging for the public goods RFP continues with some excellent submissions so far, set to close out next week!
- The public library is starting to evolve into a group not only researching public goods, but helping to bring new DAOs into the fold, making a moral case for their support in the mission
- A grantee success squad is starting to spin up to make sure new and returning grantees are getting the most out of the platform
- The transaction from the Gitcoin DAO treasury towards funding for the Moonshot Collective Workstream has been executed on-chain!
- UI designs continue to be implemented and we are on track for POC completion this week
- Discussions have begun around utilization of L2s in order to keep gas costs down
- Contract audit is in progress and we will have results by the end of this week
- Curation game hackathon entry has been completed and we will be picking winners by the end of next week
- Documentation project is kicking off now and will result in a base level of documentation and explainers for dGrants
- The transaction from the Gitcoin DAO treasury towards funding for the Fraud Detection & Defence Workstream has been executed on-chain!
- With Gitcoin Grants Rounds 11 launched this week @DisruptionJoe authored a thread on GR11 - Grants Disputes & Policy Conversation to keep a public record of all the disputes.
- @php authored a thread with the title FDD ML - data thoughts with thoughts on “Reporting & Analytics, Data Operation/privacy and ML”.
- A couple of sub-streams have been formed under the MMM-Workstream as branches of MMM have grown and to improve the onboarding process. Current sub-streams and operational leads are:
Design - @fred
Writing - tbc
- A Gitcoin DAO newsletter is being created to highlight interesting developments and conversations in the community as well as keep the community informed on upcoming events.
That’s it for this week in Gitcoin DAO governance. Feel free to join the discussions via the links above and on Discord, and visit the Gitcoin DAO Event calendar to keep yourself updated on what’s to come!