Initially envisioned in the GG19 - Outline and Strategy and in development since Checker is a tool developed by the GPT Team to improve the process of grantee evaluation and application reviews. Checker is poised to revolutionize our grant review process in several ways:
- Automated Review: Checker automates the evaluation of grant applications at scale, ensuring a more efficient and consistent review.
- Enhanced Transparency: Utilizing AI/LLM technology, Checker allows for a transparent review process where community members and applicants can better understand how evaluations are conducted.
- Dynamic Application System: With Checker, we’re moving towards a system where grantees can self-service their reviews, breaking free from the constraints of predefined application windows.
@giliomeejg has been leading the development, with feedback from the rest of the GPT Workstream, including @sejalrekhan , @M0nkeyFl0wer , @jon-spark-eco , @umarkhaneth , and myself. The goal is to use Checker and actively contribute to its evolution and growth.
In addition to the current work on Checker, we have a larger vision that includes the following:
- Integrations: Checker could integrate with platforms like GitHub to analyze project metrics, offering a deeper insight into each project’s development activity and community engagement.
- Enhanced Customization: Checker will allow round organizers to customize evaluation criteria to suit the specific goals of different funding rounds.
- Integration with Other Gitcoin Tools: Checker is being designed to integrate with other Gitcoin tools like Grants Stack, enhancing its functionality and user experience.
Checker is not just a tool; it’s a vision for a more efficient, objective, and transparent future in grant application reviews. As we test and refine Checker internally, we are excited about its possibilities for our community and the broader ecosystem of grantees we support.
We invite your feedback, suggestions, and collaborations to ensure Checker evolves in a direction that aligns with our collective needs and aspirations.