Shoutout to @gaoa97 for writing this Digest!
GG19 Gitcoin Grants 19 is LIVE until 23:59 UTC Nov 29th! Applications are in (and open throughout the round). In addition to the 3 Program Rounds, we have 9+ Community-led Rounds, featuring:
- Arbitrum Citize’s Round – Plurality Labs
- Token Engineering Commons — TEC
- 1inch LATAM
- Global Chinese Community – GCC
- Open Civics
- Governance Research – MetaGov
- Web3 Social – Mask Network
- Climate Solutions – CCN
Community Rounds are those where the round’s decision-making, coordination and implementation are the responsibility of program managers external to Gitcoin. They are selected by our team and must meet certain criteria.
vonate (vote + donate) to GG19 here!
The Essential Intents (EIs) reflect Gitcoin’s commitment to short-term stabilized operations and long-term decentralization, with focus on 3 interconnected pillars:
Happy Hackadays! Gitcoin Hackathon: Dec 11-15th (TBA)
Enhancing Our Stewardship: Leave your vote – Towards a More Unified and Impactful Governance Approach
AI tool to keep up with the fast-paced world of protocols and DAOs: including Gitcoin
Vocabulary: Gitcoin Grants, Programs, Rounds, etc
Gitcoin WalletGuard: A new scheme to avoid incidents with treasury funds, proposed by @owocki
$2k Reward RFP: Data Dashboard
DAO Financial Report: November
Gitcoin IRL gathering in Q1 2024? promoting team cohesion and encouraging cross-workstream communication…
Gitcoin’s Vision for S20 & Beyond
- S20 is all about a more nuanced direction as outlined in the comprehensive Governance Roadmap proposed by @deltajuliet and @CoachJonathan.
Read this gov post to get the full lowdown on what October held for Gitcoin
- Snapshot polls GTC Stewards. Tally performs on-chain actions.
- Proposals that have on-chain steps, such as budget requests, are approved on Snapshot before moving on to Tally.
- [Vote on Snapshot] GG19 Matching Funds Request
- [PROPOSAL] – S20 MMM Workstream Budget Request
- [PROPOSAL] – S20-S21 GPT Workstream Budget Request
- [PROPOSAL] – S20-S21 GSD Workstream Budget Request
- [PROPOSAL] – S20-S21Grants Stack Budget Request
- [PROPOSAL] – S20-S21Allo Budget Request
- [PROPOSAL] – Passport-protect the Gitcoin governance forum.
Here are key highlights from the biweekly workstream update - (latest video on Gitcoin Transparency)
V2 documentation is available here
COMPLETED: Audit and V2 Deployment!!
IN PROGRESS: Microgrants! S20 GCP Proposal and V2 launch announcements
ON THE HORIZON: Allo component library and potential partnerships with 1Hive, Superfluid and GeoWeb
COMPLETED: New Features for GG19
- Matching Estimates
- Passport sliding scale + widget
- Round Edit flow v2
- Explorer Redesign
IN PROGRESS: Project Search & Discovery – Explore Projects tab, Search, Collections & Categories
ON THE HORIZON: Kick off Explorer Homepage updates; Round spam / filtering; New homepage redesign; and adding a sorting/filtering function
Actions & Progress
Quadratic Funding – 27/13 QF Serviced Rounds achieved!
Self-service – 8/8 QF Rounds achieved!
New chains deployed – Avalanche, Polygon, SheFi coming soon.
Integrations – Powerpool, SPACE ID launched. DIMO, Starknet, Uni/Arb committed to launching
Direct Grants feature has been launched.
- Verax Dashboard
- Unified Grants stamp
- New score weight update & overall score
- Updated GTC Community staking credentials
- New UI for onboarding flow & Sidebar
- Cleaning and growing Sybil list: 35k → 175k
- Completing UX / UI work with: welcome page & support banner
- Citizen’s round Sybil analysis
- Prevention of Sybil attack from GG18 (ecc.eth)
- New Identity staking round during GG19
ON THE HORIZON:
- Hats onchain integration
- Mosaic reward – Citizen round participant!
- Simplified onchain tutorial and documentation
- Add Linea contracts
Actions & Progress
Identity Staking V2 - Phase 1 promo taking place
Building out Trusted Humans list in Istanbul—through attending many events
Refreshed competitive research beginning soon
The PGF workstream has now divided into the Grants Program Team (GPT) & Getting Stuff Done (GSD)
Grant Programs Team (GPT)
- ETH Infra Round Launched on Polygon.
- Checker continues to move forward.
Get Stuff Done (GSD)
- Driving adoption of Gitcoin products and public goods funding.
- Ownership of Gitcoin: Sales Process
- 5 closes for November with 7 more for GPT (Community Rounds - repeat users)!
- Strong Opp Generation: 31 opps created in October – 6 x Quadratic Avengers Rounds and
- 4 x GG19 Community Rounds launched recently for Grants Stack.
- Linea - Key Opportunity progressing.
- Collab.land / Galaxe Notable highlights from October
- Opportunities with Base forming up. Network to be online with GS in December.
- Matter Labs/zkSync: Commitment for Community Rounds leading to GG20 and beyond! Network on track to be online with Grants Stack in December
We’re NOT biased at all but we think you should join us on the BEST new channel on Warpcast!
Brand Book Updates – Allo & Grants Stack, Passport brand books complete.
Under Construction – Stakeholder comms. 2024 Events Strategy underway (to be finalized in Nov)
Valueless voting tokens were used at Schelling Point IST to engage in a Quadratic Voting (QV) round, allocating proceeds from the State of Web3 Grants Report mint to four Turkish charities. Keep an eye out for a debrief
ETHDenver is coming up! Conversations about Schelling Point Denver are afoot
Gitcoin Community Call – Taking place every Wednesday @ 12 pm ET on X.
Catch up on recordings of recent X conversations here:
- Nov 15: GG19 Open Shill Space
- Nov 14: GG19 <> Gitcoin Passport AMA
- Nov 9: GG19 <> Public Goods Network AMA
Gitcoin Pulse – Weekly episodes covering a few of our top happenings at Gitcoin followed by short interviews with active contributors to better get to know the Gitcoin community and the projects they are working on. Listen to the latest episode here.