gm supporters, builders and champions of public goods
We’re excited to share what’s new!
We’re back with our monthly update for all things Gitcoin: Gitcoin Grants, Grants Stack, Gitcoin Passport and Allo.
GG19 is confirmed and running Nov 15 - 29! Applications are currently open – head to grants.gitcoin.co to view the rounds that are currently open for applications.
ICYMI: View the GG18 Results and Recap
This month we launched a new feature: Direct Grants, to offer an even faster way to distribute funding within your community. Check out our intro to Direct Grants post to learn more.
The Grants Stack team has been hard at working making product updates ahead of GG19, which include:
- Adding Matching Estimates to our Explorer experience
- Adding Passport sliding scale proportional matching system
- Continuing to invest in Indexer reliability and scalability.
Other happenings this month:
- PowerPool and SpaceID are running independent Direct Grants rounds
- New Case Studies - Fantom – QV How To Guide – GeoWeb
- Internal Direct Grants Round | RFP for Data Dashboard
- Keep an eye out for an exciting activation launching in connection with the state of web3 grants report and a QV round at Schelling Point in Istanbul! More info to be released this week!
- Grants Stack Release Notes
This past month we have primarily focused on reviewing and implementing fixes for the final issues and escalations from our audit. At this point our work is complete and we are waiting for the final greenlight from our auditor, with mainnet launch happening over the next 1-2 weeks.
In addition, we have:
- Wrapped up a mobile-optimized QF app for Impact Stream, which will enable them to run a round in Togo
- Scoped a microgrants app and proposed using it to manage GCPs in Season 20. We are planning to build this app in November — more to come on that front!
We spent the past month improving the experience for integrators that want to protect their apps with Gitcoin Passport, and holders who want to build their web3 reputations.
New this month:
- New integration with Discourse: protect your Forum today!
- New blog post on why Passport is the ultimate anti-bot platform for web3
- Improved UX for Passport holders, including a revamped stamp sidebar and dashboard
Integrate today by diving into our Passport dev docs!
Gitcoin in Istanbul
- On Monday Nov 13, Gitcoin is collaborating with Electric Capital on a Passport at the HAHA Kafe. The space will be used for coworking and there will be free coffee all day!
During the week, Owocki will appear on a panel alongside Hudson Jameson at the ImpactPlus Blockchain for International Development event at 11am on Tuesday, Nov 14. Later that day, at 1pm, Owocki will also join a panel at OP Superchain conference.
Gitcoin is hosting another Schelling Point on Thursday Nov 16 at Minoa Pera. The theme is Web3 Grants, and are tying in the launch of the Web3 Grants Report. Keep an eye out for more details on this!
- Octant Epoch 1’s allocation window closes Nov 2nd at 5:00 pm CET. We are so grateful for the support that we’ve received so far. Claim, donate, or bolster the Matching pool.
- Ace is a physical trading card game about metaverse mythology and the magic of web3. Each card offers a snapshot of real-world innovations and the heroes and villains behind them. Initially funded by Gitcoin, 20% of profits go to the matching pool. Pick up the Alpha Edition here.