Shoutout to @gaoa97 for writing up this Digest!
The Essential Intents (EIs) reflect Gitcoin’s commitment to short-term stabilized operations and long-term decentralization, with focus on 3 interconnected pillars:
Gitcoin Passport Identity Management
- 5 key pillars for Seasons 20 and 21:
- Effectiveness – Improve identity scoring models
- Adoption – Grow to 1.5M passports
- GTC Utility – Strengthen GTC-based identity and community ties
- Data – Enhance and aggregate Sybil detection and data sets
- Partnerships – Increase both API and onchain partnerships
5 Pools on Allo v2
- The Allo team will be running at least 1 pool on v2 in S20 with an aim to support another 4 pools as outlined in the Allo strategy doc.
The newly decentralized Climate Program: Climate Coordination Network (CCN)
Gitcoin’s Vision for S20 & Beyond
- S20 is all about a more nuanced direction as outlined in the comprehensive Governance Roadmap proposed by @deltajuliet and @CoachJonathan.
- Snapshot polls GTC Stewards. Tally performs on-chain actions.
- Proposals that have on-chain steps, such as budget requests, are approved on Snapshot before moving on to Tally.
- [Vote on Snapshot] – Allo S20-21 Budget Request
- [Vote on Snapshot] – Passport S20-21 Budget Request
- [Vote on Snapshot] – GCP-015: Sybil Attacker QF Round
- [PROPOSAL] Lower GTC Voting thresholds on and off chain
- [PROPOSAL] – Grants Stack S20-21 Budget Request
- [PROPOSAL] – Passport-protect the Gitcoin governance forum.
Here are key highlights from the biweekly workstream update - (latest video on Gitcoin Transparency)
V2 documentation is available here
IN PROGRESS: V2 Deployment testing & audit wrap-up (on auditor’s side)
ON THE HORIZON: V2 mainnet, profile builder for the project registry, and Microgrants (see the S20 GCP Proposal here).
Check out the latest Grants Stack Release Notes
COMPLETED: Matching estimates have been shipped
IN PROGRESS: Passport sliding scale; Explorer Redesign; Project Search & Discovery; Round Edit flow v2; and a fresh flow for managing round operators
ON THE HORIZON: Kick off Explorer Homepage updates; Round spam / filtering; New homepage redesign; and adding a sorting/filtering function
Actions & Progress
Self-service – 8/8 QF Rounds achieved!
New chains deployed – Avalanche, Polygon, SheFi coming soon.
Integrations – Powerpool, SPACE ID launched. DIMO, Starknet, Uni/Arb committed to launching
Direct Grants feature has been launched.
COMPLETED: New UI launched; Linea onchain launch; GTC Community staking credentials have been updated; BD process has been updated; Magic Square integration.
IN PROGRESS: Updating Score weights; Rounding off UX / UI work for the Passport website; Unified Grant stamp; and Load testing ahead of Nov campaigns
ON THE HORIZON: Scorer / Developer Portal updates - new logo & header, updated links, text & description(s); Early developer journey improvements and support optimizations; Simplified custom scoring and onchain tutorials; and updated ecosystem partners and use cases pages.
Actions & Progress
Twitter – Last week: ~200 new followers!
Identity Staking V2 – launch plans underway.
- GG19 – Read the Outline & Strategy and check out the program calendar.
- AI tool in alpha version for checking Round Elegibility Criteria.
- The PGF Team is considering splitting into two different workstreams moving forward.
- Grant Programs Team (GPT)
- Get Sh**t Done (GSD)
We’re NOT biased at all but we think you should join us on the BEST new channel on Warpcast!
Devconnect Istanbul – all relevant information is contained on this Notion page.
Schelling Point Istanbul – Session planned for Thursday Nov 16
- Topic: Web3 Grants and Funding
- Programming: Led by Eugene/ MetaGov
Brand Book Updates – Allo & Grants Stack, Passport brand books complete.
Under Construction – Stakeholder comms. 2024 Events Strategy underway (to be finalized in Nov)
Marquee event attendance
- Exploring an IRL activation for GG19 at Devconnect, tying in the launch of the Web3 Grants report.
- FTC Taipei - December
Gitcoin Community Call – Taking place every Wednesday @ 12 pm ET on X.
Catch up on recordings of recent X conversations here:
- Oct 26: Collab.land <> Gitcoin Passport
- Oct 25: GG19 Community Rouds – 1inch & MetaPool
- Oct 24: Security Session – Tips for GG19 Grantees & Donors
Gitcoin Pulse – Weekly episodes covering a few of our top happenings at Gitcoin followed by short interviews with active contributors to better get to know the Gitcoin community and the projects they are working on. Listen to the latest episode here.