Introducing Stewards Governance

Hey James - just catching up on forum posts today!

Wondering if youā€™d be open to connecting for a 1-1? My discord handle is Viriya#3410

Please let me know!

1 Like

**Gitcoin Username: @j-pepper **
ETH address: juliapepper.eth

Statement of Intent
Iā€™m interested in taking a more active role in governance because I want to advocate for Gitcoin to take a stronger stance in reaching out to more diverse groups of builders and developers as the protocols continue to scale, as well as build more relationships with grassroots civic and mutual aid organizations in communities around the world. Ensuring that our public goods infrastructure and our strategy as an organization remains aligned with serving the communities who need it most, as well as helping facilitate feedback and accountability from the community as we continue to responsibly evolve into a protocols future, are key parts of my governance philosophy.

Qualifications: Since June, I have been a product marketing contributor in the MMM workstream helping conduct research and other tasks advising our go to market strategy for the protocols, with a particular focus on grants protocol. By directly talking to many of the founders and ecosystems we hope to serve with these protocols, I have context into many of the groups that would be impacted by our governance decisions around new products, and would bring those perspectives into public discussions.

Iā€™ve also contributed to Forefront and Dream DAO in the past as a media contributor and partnerships / governance contributor, respectively. This has given me exposure to working with the amazing creatives, writers, and theorists web3 aims to empower with new funding and ownership tools, as well as working to onboard young people onto web3. Working directly with many of the different communities web3 serves has given me a sense of responsibility to ensuring that Gitcoinā€™s protocols remain transparent and accessible, and that a diversity of perspectives are included in their development and the evolution of our products and services as an organization.

Other experience:

• Kernel (KB7)
  • Currently a university student studying platform governance, privacy, design, and global media flows, among other issues, as part of my course
7 Likes

Name: Nick Gitcoin: @drnicka ENS: drnick.eth Twitter: @drnicka

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining:

I am a committed DAO practitioner with a history of governance and scientific research and I am keen to support the gitcoin ecosystem as much as possible with the experience earned from my learning journey so far.

I want to see a freer DAO driven future with permissionless decentralised governance as a base layer public good. I believe that DAOs will revolutionise our governance practices, root and branch, starting here and leading to systemic reform in the real world.

My intention is to advance my DAO stewardship practice beyond my own projects to those that I deeply care about and want to see succeed. I am very keen to support the Anti-Fraud and Collusion Detection stream in particular, which I see as an important step towards robust and capture resistant decentralised governance systems.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I have:

I have built (as a DAO) a suite of production ready DAO tools, which I aim to progress towards a permissionless DAO launching protocol.

10 years of physics, experimental science and data science expertise.

10 years of academic senior management, policy and governance experience at the institutional level.

Advanced knowledge and practice in cryptoeconomic mechanisms for decentralised finance, governance and sybil resistance.

Summary

I am new to the Gitcoin ecosystem in terms of direct participation, but have been a fan since the beginning and would be delighted to be considered for Gitcoin stewardship and believe that I can bring a helpful skill set support the Gitcoin mission.

7 Likes

Gitcoin username: 0x_sam

ETH address: saideira.eth

Discord handle: @SamD#4085

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining: Iā€™m a true believer in the better future that Web3 can enable. As a lifelong student of political science and economics, I see great potential for Web3 to completely change how we coordinate and distribute value. As a full-time contributor to Ceramic, with its mission to create a more open and vibrant web, I find that Gitcoinā€™s values align strongly with my own personal and professional values. Much of my recent work at Ceramic has been focused on creating systems in the Ceramic ecosystem to more effectively support ecosystem growth & development. In building our grants program & scoping other public goods funding mechanisms, Iā€™ve seen Web3ā€™s need for sybil-resistance firsthand and I believe that Gitcoin (along with Gitcoin Passport) will play an integral role in empowering a sybil-resistant future for all open-source communities. Joining Gitcoin as a Steward means I will be able to directly participate in shaping the strategy at Gitcoin - which I see as an incredible opportunity to help one of the foremost pioneers in the Web3 space that we all so dearly love.

Personally, Iā€™m most excited to help drive the workstreams of Public Goods Funding, Progressive Decentralization, and Meta Governance as my experience in scaling Ceramic has been all about organizing groups of people and driving towards better outcomes at scale in a distributed environment.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I Have: In addition to leading the operations & finance functions at Ceramic/3Box Labs for the past year, Iā€™ve been an active angel investor and power user of crypto-related products & protocols over the last three cycles. This has earned me a lot of hands-on experience from working in the trenches in the various communities (across DeFi, Web3 Social, Infrastructure, & Gaming) that I helped to build. Iā€™ve been an active participant in the governance processes across Telegram, Discord, Snapshot, and Discourse at Optimism, BadgerDAO, LobsterDAO, Sushi, Osmosis, Juno, and Cosmos. At Ceramic, Iā€™ve been a committed generalist, gaining experience in everything from running hackathons to driving partnerships to spinning up our grants program. Iā€™ve been heavily involved in Web3 governance having written Ceramicā€™s governance litepaper and have a deep hunger to learn & experiment with new forms of governance and other coordination mechanisms that are only possible in a Web3-enabled world.

Thank you for your consideration in having me as a steward.

Cheers,
Sam

6 Likes

Nice to see you here Dr. Nick!

1 Like

Gitcoin username: mothwoman

ETH Address: 0x67DBE3fb2B76E564eBdf860b5011a283E9Ae6698

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for joining:

I started working and participating in web3 because I believe that with this technology, we can create new pathways for economic growth that arenā€™t zero-sum. We are rebuilding financial infrastructure, and opening up new opportunities for coordination among large groups of people.

I believe strongly that the best technology doesnā€™t always win; the best marketed technology does. We have to effectively tell the story of web3 products, protocols and opportunities in order to grow their impact.

I have been watching Gitcoin grow for a long time, and am a huge fan of the work thatā€™s being done. I would love to help tell the Gitcoin story and make sure that the right pieces are in place to capture that attention and interest, and turn it into more active contribution and participation.

Before web3, I worked in financial tech. I went down the web3 / crypto rabbit hole in 2016 after seeing firsthand how broken financial infrastructure and systems were.

In 2017 I joined ConsenSys as the second member of the marketing organization there. For two years I focused on educating the world about Ethereum. I built a team of writers, video producers, and social media managers; together we worked with SMEs from across ConsenSys to produce educational content in many different formats. We touched all content from ConsenSys.

I also worked with every project incubated by ConsenSys - including Gitcoin, MetaMask, Infura, Truffle, and many more.

I eventually worked across the marketing organization, helping teams coordinate with each other and developing campaigns to continue telling the story of Ethereum and the apps and use cases that were being built on it.

Currently I manage a marketing firm at Serotonin, where we advise and market projects like Polygon, Decentraland, Osmosis, BitDAO, FileCoin, and many more. I get to work with founders & marketers across the industry.

Iā€™d love to bring my deep marketing experience and broad view of industry trends to Gitcoin.

Very excited about everything Gitcoin is doing and only hope I can contribute!

4 Likes

Gitcoin username: myceliumcoordinator

ETH Address: 0xe336F400aa1EBFaEb264eCac427Ee9671d567744

I found out about Gitcoinā€™s potential from seeing Vitalik Buterinā€™s blog posts about Gitcoin. I think Quadratic Funding is really powerful, and as a member of a handful of communities, I see the need for it in many places.

For the past year-ish, Iā€™ve been spending a handful of hours at work reading through the Gitcoin governance forums, website, and other resources to try and understand what has been going on with Gitcoin. DAO governance seems really exciting to me to be involved in, and I think I can help Gitcoin, thatā€™s why Iā€™d like to be considered for Stewardship.

Before crypto, I have been a designer and a software engineer. Iā€™ve worked in a handful of agencies and also for a couple of startups. I have enough money to invest here and there too, so you can also think of me as a capital allocator.

In web3, Iā€™ve played with ENS, Rabbithole, Gitcoin, Gnosis Safe, and a few other tools. Iā€™m a voracious consumer of information about tokens and I also hold some GTC.

Lately Iā€™ve been getting involved in Gitcoin governance. You can see my comments here: Profile - myceliumcoordinator - Gitcoin Governance. My take is that Gitcoin has a lot of potential, but itā€™s struggling to realize it at this point. I am cautiously optimistic about Gitcoin, but I think itā€™s going to get itā€™s protocols to market adoption to reach that potential.

2 Likes

Welcome to a flood of brand new Gitcoin Stewards!
@dabit3 @GClayMiller @chaselb @farque65 @j-pepper @drnicka @0x_sam @ebransom and @myceliumcoordinator
We are glad to have you are here and I hope you take this as an opportunity to dive into Gitcoin.
Below is our onboarding plan which will give you a great starting point. Please do take steps 1 and 2 right away and I can help you get started.

https://www.notion.so/gitcoin/Gitcoin-Steward-Onboarding-Checklist-f967d8d83e0a47aeb8a61564112233eb

5 Likes

Gitcoin username: alexdw5

ETH Address: 0x0B1f9e300e6E4B4C25cC73C53C8AA700e552f99F

I have been a GitcoinDAO contributor in MMM since August, and before that worked with Gitcoin contributors to implement Sobol, a role management and accountability DAO tool, in the DAO.

I want to join because I want to see Gitcoin continue to grow, decentralize, and thrive! I am throwing my hat in the ring bc I want to vote on Snapshot proposals as well!

Iā€™ve been trading crypto since 2015, and working in Web3 since May 2020. I run the Gitcoin Digest, GitcoinDAOā€™s weekly publication, broadcasting everything that is happening in the Gitcoin community to 170k subscribers.

Previously, I lead community and content at Sobol. Before that, I worked as a UX copywriter, content lead, and growth strategy consultant to Web3, SaaS, and Inc5000 companies.

4 Likes
  • Gitcoin Username
    @kylejensen

• ETH Address
    kylejensen.eth

• Discord Handle
    kylejensen#0420

• Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
    I have spent the last ~4 months of my time at Gitcoin sitting in on CSDO and Monthly Stewards calls absorbing their knowledge about the DAO and the direction we hope to go. I have seen first hand the immense impact Gitcoin Stewards have not only on the DAO, but also on the wider web3 community as a whole. The work that stewards do helps align the DAO on our mission and essential intents in a vastly changing environment, and I hope to contribute my learnings, observations, and insights back to the DAO through Stewardship. As an already active participant, I believe itā€™s time I not only absorb the exchanges and share those through DAO-wide transparency initiatives but also engage in those conversations and contribute my thoughts through discussions and governance voting.

• Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
    Strategic planning, business development, software engineering, project management, technical & business consultation. Previously writing & coordinating ecosystem rounds with MMM, currently scribing and Discord management with DAO Ops.

7 Likes

Gitcoin user name: @JR-OKX

ETH Address: 0x59170d55bba35af1f1f9c3d6b1f678fbb68a760e

Statement of Intention/ Your Value & Reasons for Joining:
Having lived and breathed blockchain for the past decade, I deeply believe what can withstand all the ups and downs are product innovation and an impact-driven community. Gitcoin has both, thanks to the mission-aligned hard work of everyone in this community.

I have been on both sides of the table, as I participated in blockchain as an investor for most of the time, but I was also fortunate to participate in the building of OKX in its early days. In 2019, I remember I was surprised to find out one protocol I talked to raised some money from community members- not investors- through a platform called ā€œGitcoin.ā€ That was when GR1 happened. Over the years, seeing how Gitcoin has become the ā€œsupport hubā€ for countless projects to flourish is extremely empowering. With OKX partnering up with Gitcoin, I am glad this has come to a full circle, and now we are part of this concerted effort to support open-source developers. Much of this synergy comes from the appreciation of shared values and inspiration of this close-knitted community.

Thatā€™s why I am very excited to participate as a Gitcoin steward moving forward. My goal here is to listen to and engage with different voices, bring people and resources together, and further strengthen Gitcoin governance with a diverse perspective as an investor, advisor, mentor, and operator of Web3 and crypto projects. OKX will also work closely with Gitcoin to provide activities and resources like Grants Rounds, Hackathons, and bounties.

Looking forward to all the fun and engaging conversations!

Web3 Qualifications/skills:

• Been around for a long time & seen ups and downs in cycles

• Head of investment at OKX, advising dozens of protocols and startup founders

• CEO at OKLink, leading the multi-crypto blockchain explorer to expand to thousands of users

• Active contributor and advisor at 8DAO

• Passionate about education; Adjunct Lecturer at The University of Hong Kong on Crypto Industry

12 Likes

Gitcoin user name: @SS-OKXwallet
Discord user name: @SSäøØOKX Web3#8245

ETH Address: 0x02b0687Aa4f46F4D2Cbe510Ab0E65f03a4bf3e5d

My Value & Reasons for Joining:
Iā€™ve worked in Blockchain for 5 years and started from DeFi in 2018. I witnessed the rapid growth of decentralized applications and public chains. I believe the blockchain spirit - transparent, immutable, code is law, reprensents the a new era of the internet world. As a DAO, Gitcoin represents the basic principles including fairness, transparency, altruism, and innovation in web3 world. Iā€™m willing to devote myself to build an efficient and developer-friendly community to motivate more and more builders to join Gitcoin and build web3 applications. As the business lead of OKX wallet, I would like to coordinate the wallet resources to engage in the Gitcoin growth and web3 project incubation.

Web3 Qualifications/skills:

• Business lead of OKX Web3 Wallet including DEX, Yield, Discover, and NFT Marketplace
  • Help builders design business model and token economics
  • Help web3 projects customize branding and marketing strategy
  • Help start-ups get the core users and build community from 0 to 1
  • Help potential artists launch NFTs and spread the NFT collections to more users
11 Likes

Gitcoin Username: L2C_OKC
ETH Address: 0xdbCA7180eaC31e05418896C204410062aB8500a1
Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining:
Iā€™m from the blockchain team at OKX. As a long-time crypto native guy with over 5 years of full-time working experience in the space, I have participated in a variety of governance and DAO projects such as Cosmos, Curve, and Sushi. This time, I am extremely thrilled to join Gitcoin DAO to explore what a ground-breaking DAO should be, and see Gitcoin continue making an impact on the community by supporting the most innovative Web3 projects and ideas.

Being a part of such a great organization and exploring the frontier of decentralization is more than rewarding. My experience as a former software developer and as a Head of Ecosystem Development at a public chain has allowed me to gain a more cohesive perspective on Web3, thus providing value through Gitcoin DAOā€™s Stewardship. Additionally, being based in Asia- a fast-growing Web3 market that isnā€™t the easiest to understand gives me an advantage to onboard more developers and crypto users onto Gitcoin.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:
My diverse experience spans across working in startups, multinational companies, and agencies as a software developer and evangelist. I have also worked closely with engineers, product designers, and blockchain and application developers. Through this, I understand the importance of and have proven to manage and maintain good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.

On top of that, I have been a speaker and organizer of various Web3-focused events in and outside of Asia since 2019. My expertise in blockchain technology has also enabled me to provide consulting services for investment companies and Web2 organizations on Web3 adoption. I have also led a business and marketing team for a wallet app, successfully growing it from scratch to 1 million users and $250M of assets.

Currently, I have been managing a Business Development team for an L1 chain for almost two years, collaborating closely with projects in the area of blockchain games and DeFi, and actively helping them to connect with more partners, investors, and even potential team members. I would love to provide more value to the Gitcoin and web3 community through my connections and experience in this landscape.

4 Likes
  • Gitcoin Username: PaigeDAO

• ETH Address: 0x4A35674727c44cf4375d80C6171281Ba2f764213

• Discord Handle : ArtemisP#6726

Iā€™m a believer. A believer in Gitcoinā€™s mission and its significant accomplishments relative to public goods funding. I recognize that this Open Protocol transition and initial round with UNICEF is only just the beginning. The beginning of something huge and wonderful and great.

Last summer at ETHCC Paris, during a panel on public goods funding, I asked the question if Energy could be a Public Good? And while there was much skepticism, there were those present who thought so, too.

What if we could fund energy as a public good?
IMO we are here at that threshold. With strategic and super-smart focus and attention (like the kind evidenced here at Gitcoin) we could work to catalyze innovation that spurs decentralized energy production and deployment.

There was a time, in the not-so-distant past of humanity, when the thought of a library filled with books that were made available to the public at large- on loan - would have been thought to be an unattainable bounty of riches.

Perhaps by the turn of this next century, perhaps even within the coming decades, energy will have become another one of these public goods once thought unattainable because of its current scarcity.

I am the co-founder of FrontierDAO. As such I am the first female co-founder of a DeSci DAO.
My experience with government contracting and public-private partnerships could offer value to this next phase of evolution of Gitcoin, quadratic funding and public goods funding.

I participated in GR15 so am by no means a seasoned expert on how QF works. But I learned enough to know that it is magic, and that the QF formula could make a whole lot of peopleā€™s lives a whole lot pleasanter and more enriched (in the sense of fulfilled and purpose-aligned). Iā€™d be honored and feel privileged to be a part of that process.

5 Likes

Welcome to our newest batch of Gitcoin Stewards!
@kylejensen @JR-OKX @SS-OKXwallet @L2C_OKC and @PaigeDAO
We have a mix of Gitcoin contributors, DAO founders, blockchain developers and business developers. Great additions to our community.

We hope you take this as an opportunity to dive into Gitcoin and help us build the future of public goods. Below is our onboarding plan which will give you a great starting point. Please do hit the ā€œGet connectedā€ component to make sure you have the inside track

https://www.notion.so/gitcoin/Gitcoin-Steward-Onboarding-Checklist-f967d8d83e0a47aeb8a61564112233eb

4 Likes

Wow! Thank you :orange_heart: What a great FAM to be a part of! Great way to start off 2023

3 Likes

Hey I am Bipin

Gitcoin Username: Mrbnaik21
ETH Address: 0x9D7A509510B46E293902a85c35f0b57d8d9F94da

All that said, Iā€™m beyond thrilled and grateful to continue my immersion by participating in one of the leading DAOs in the space. I believe Gitcoin will be foundational to the way we interact and operate in the future. Iā€™m fortunate for the opportunity to continue my learnings here and contribute alongside some of the best and brightest.

1 Like

Gitcoin Username: @ale.k

ETH Address: 0x3B82E3df9531D6E1AcCBCB49Cb57440837301B1B

Discord Handle: @ale.k

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining:
Hey all! Iā€™ve had the great pleasure to have met and worked with many of you around the DAO, but for those who I havenā€™t (yet) met: My name is Alex (AlĆ© when traveling internationally or online).

I joined Gitcoin as a core contributor within the FDD workstream at the end of 2022 and I am deeply grateful that I took the plunge to enter DAO-life. I have been so impressed by the skillset of the peers I have found here, and even more so the genuine good intent and fearless ideological parsing that goes on in this space.

Previously I spent time fighting payments fraud and scam behaviors at a cefi company, and before that fell into risk work at a silicon-based tech start-up. The reason I joined Gitcoin is the same reason that I think brings all of you here in one way or another-- public goods are good. And as a friend advised me as I was in early talks with @DisruptionJoe and @tigress - ā€œGitcoin is kind of like the living room of Ethereum.ā€ Iā€™ve found that to be true and I love that I have the opportunity to work to make that living room environment a fun and fruitful place for all of the amazing, future-leading projects in the ecosystem.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:
The skills I have used so far in my role as a contributor include on-chain mainnet and L2 analysis and more traditional data science practices. I am deeply excited to be hacking on ways for us to get our data into shape and prep for the hypergrowth thatā€™s coming, and I see a huge opportunity for increased metrics of success to guide stewardship and course-correct strategy. Transparency != legibility, though - just because weā€™re in blockchain doesnā€™t mean we have the numbers and the heuristic data when we need it! So my intention as a steward is to help drive legible and actionable takeaways.

Since my background is in risk - I also am here to offer perspective on all things risk and trust-related. I am excited for how weā€™ll see this ā€œrisk mindsetā€ entering every level of what we do to make sure we have a fair system for all. More on that to come!

8 Likes
  • Gitcoin Username
    • michaelgreen06
  • ETH Address
    • 0x78AC17874964fd681e76982379F74fE7D149E4Cd
  • Discord Handle (optional)
    • n00b_SaUce#3760
    • Iā€™ve been working in the DAO for over one year and want to get more involved in governance. I am especially interested to participate since we are now using GCPs to fund some of the core work the DAO needs like discord management & governance/stewardship management.
    • See above ^^^
5 Likes