Gitcoin username: alexalombardo
ETH Address: alexalombardo.eth
Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining:
I started investing in crypto a few years ago but didn’t really dive into the space until 2021, when I joined my first DAO. I was running my creative/product studio and we were increasingly taking on web3/crypto projects as I was contributing to DAOs on the side, which is when I heard about a specific opportunity to support on brand marketing at Gitcoin.
At that time and still today, I’m drawn to Gitcoin for the following reasons:
- Our use of cutting edge tech
- Our commitment to community-level positive impact and our role as a bridge between crypto/web3 and the real world
- Our support from the wider community - who clearly feel deeply connected to the organization, our founders/people and our mission
- Our focus on more equitable, democratic resource allocation and funding opportunities
- Our potential for stronger visual and verbal communication techniques
- Our enablement of self-sovereign, independent contribution and empowerment, plus flexibility and ultimately, balance
I saw Gitcoin as good - good for the wider ecosystem, good for communities I care about, good for me - and I hoped this would mean I’d be able to show up to “work” as my whole self, something really important to me at this stage of life. We seemed to be values aligned and there was a need gap my skills could fill, meaning I could add meaningful value, also something important to me.
It’s been nearly a year since I joined the team to help drive brand marketing, strategy and storytelling as we move from impact to protocol DAO. Today, I find myself more excited than ever to come to work - the people, the products, the problems we are solving. It’s one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life.
In this role, I’ve helped bring structure and thought leadership to the marketing team as we build out initiatives across Gitcoin and its evolving range of products and sub-brands. I’ve worked closely with GPC, PGF and DevRel to build out plans from big ideas to tactical implementation and execution. Currently, I’m working across teams on the positioning and planning for the launch of Allo while simultaneously thinking about our brand architecture and how we can level up across the board, especially with compelling branding, storytelling and marketing channel tactics. I’m also thinking about how we leverage our existing brand equity to drive a thriving culture of public goods.
All of this has brought me to want to participate in governance in a more meaningful way - it seems incongruous to not be more engaged. As a contributor and as a steward, I hope to help keep us true to our collective vision, values and priorities.
What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I have:
- Engaged with DAOs, projects and builders in web3/Ethereum since early 2021
- Founder of creative/product studio, Atomic Number 8, in 2019 where I lead all strategy work/creative direction; we’ve done a lot of strategy, brand identity and design work in the web3 space including: Coordinape, Chainverse, Radicle, Playground and DeviantArt’s new token; currently taking a break from longeterm projects to focus on Gitcoin
- Active member of FWB and Boys Club
- Graduate of SheFi S7
- Soon to be ex-Techstars (my 4th startup, a web3/AI enabled digital fashion app called Esoteric, is part of the London Polygon x Techstars accelerator, wrapping this month)
- One exited startup (an AI-powered healthtech startup sold to a major dermatology practice) and one failed startup (an online functional food marketplace, sunsetted post-COVID)
- 10+ years experience in corporate strategy, brand marketing, product marketing, digital marketing and branding
Grateful for the opportunity to keep growing with all of you.