This weekly post has the ambition to summarize what’s been going on in the Gitcoin DAO Governance. Topics, ideas, proposals, and votes will be listed with links for further reading and discussion. If there’s anything missing please reach out!
@owocki authored a thread titled How might we Decentralize Gitcoin? The post lays out “a high level view of how we might decentralize Gitcoin from a platform into a series of protocols. This post contains much of the same information as my recent Edcon talk Decentralizing Gitcoin Grants 3.”
- First public goods bi-weekly ops call surfaced a lot of great contributors, and formalized the roles for those who have already been helping throughout the quarter. Check our link to learn more!
- There is increasing interest in finding ways to run side rounds via Gitcoin Grants for independent ecosystems, discussions are taking place on a few key themed rounds including climate change and advocacy as well.
- RFP initial winners and honorary mentions have almost finished providing their abstracts for the announcement!
Every Friday the Moonshot Collective gets together to show off their progress. Individual projects demo what they’ve been working on, and this week we had five projects demo.
The demos included Anon Vs Moloch, Tip Party, Quadratic Diplomacy, Quadratic Diplomacy With Chakra UI, and Quadratic Diplomacy Unified Repo.
- Wrapping up the POC release of dGrants this week
- Successfully added support for the Polygon network
- Added support for utilizing TheGraph to index chain data and increase performance
- The dGrants team is running a Decentralized Grant Round on the Polygon network starting next week for the Moonshot Collectieve workstream as a way to support our DAO, stress test the system, and collect feedback from users.
- Product planning is being done in preparation for running a side round in GR12
- Posted the Proposal to Ratify the Results of GR11 & GR11 Governance Brief
- Please discuss the proposal and vote on snapshot
- FDD advises we discontinue paying the Fraud Tax
- BlockScience shared their report on the GR11 Anti-Sybil efforts
- Fraud tax is down over 50%
- First round we had enough human evaluators to perform statistical analysis
- 853 sybil accounts sanctioned
- The stream presented to the multisig keyholder oversight squad with the accomplishments of Q3 and deliverables for Q4.
- Current structure of FDD & how we got here
- The roadmap of how we will progressively decentralize
- Breakdown of current state of all initiatives and squads
- Turning it into a blog post to supplement the Q4 2021 budget proposal next week
- Sending out DAO contributor agreements to all FDD participants. Recommending all DAO contributors use an LLC.
- Began payments to contributors!
Memepalooza2 was hosted by the workstream last Friday in the Discord. Over 50 people joined and created over 100 memes on the topic for public goods, the open internet and the values of GitcoinDAO. We had a live DJ playing tunes and we tested out coordination tools from Moonshot collective; tip.party and Quadratic Diplomacy.
@fred gave a presentation and shared details on the Steward Report Cards project during a demo event hosted by Moonshot Collective. A video recording of the presentation will be uploaded to Moonshot Collectives Youtube page.
That’s it for this week in Gitcoin DAO governance. Feel free to join the discussions via the links above and on Discord, and visit the Gitcoin DAO Event calendar to keep yourself updated on what’s to come!