Hey Gitcoin Community,
I’m pumped to have kicked off the Decentralize Gitcoin Workstream last week along side the announcement of the release of the GTC token. Seeing all of the positive feedback from the community gets me excited to push this forward.
The mission of this workstream is to decentralize Gitcoin and empower the community that it serves. The first step toward accomplishing our mission is to increase transparency and open the lines of communication with the community.
I will start by providing regular updates on our progress beginning today!
Decentralization Architecture Proposal Creation Status
- Aiming to propose multiple solutions for each area which requires decentralization recommending one with background on why
- Goal is to focus on solutions that provide same or better UX/Performance
- Proposal focus is currently overall but will move to prioritizing decentralized storage/retrieval initially
- Researched Gnosis SafeSnap
- Digging into MACI
- Better understand types of attacks on Gitcoin grants to date
- Will dig into The Graph and Indexers (initial high level research done, will test implementation)
- Got caught up on background of Hackathons and details (with Connor)
- Meeting with Aditya to understand current codebase / GitHub
- Will post a bounty to have API documentation built in Swagger