GTC Proposal - (VOTE OPEN NOW on SNAPSHOT) Ratify the Results of Grants Round 10 and Formally Request the Community Multi-Sig Holders to Payout Matching Allocations
We ask our Community Stewards to ratify the GR10 payout amounts as being correct, fair, and abiding to community norms, including the judgements and sanctions made by the Anti-Fraud Workstream.
To payout the matching allocations from Grants Round 10, we need the stewards to ratify the matching allocations. This comes with the extra responsibility of ratifying the decisions made by Gitcoin Holdings and the Anti-Fraud & Collusion workstream of GitcoinDAO.
To make the payouts in a timely manner, we would like to suggest voting on Wednesday, July 14th*.
Here are the need to know items:
- The round totals on the site are not adjusted for anti-sybil measures.
In response to a few requests to make the data easier to read. We’ve updated this new version with the Blockscience fraud detection and Gitcoin results side by side (data is the same):
Grants Round 10 Final Payout Amounts*
*Feel free to comment directly on the sheet.
- The total fraud tax for GR10 was $14,350, down over 50% from GR9
- The fraud tax is the difference in allocations before and after the sybil account contributions are deactivated from matching eligibility.
- Grant Approval, Grant Disputes, and User Sanctions are now determined by the Anti-Fraud & Collusion workstream with oversight from the community.
- Ratifying the decisions of the Anti-Fraud workstream does not create new policy.
- There will be opportunity to discuss their decisions in depth and ratify new policy prior to GR11.
The defensive measures taken to protect against fraud and collusion had incredible results. This may have been partly because of the community involvement and oversight.
While there is still more work to be done in progressively decentralizing the grants platform, ratifying this round’s closure will set a precedent for trusting, but verifying the workstream’s decisions. (Similar mechanism design to an optimistic roll-up).
Please vote FOR or AGAINST
FOR You ratify the results as reported by Gitcoin Holdings & the Anti-Fraud & Collusion workstream and request the keyholders of the community multi-sig* to payout funds according to the Grants Round 10 Final Payout Amounts the non-custodial GR10 deployment contract.
AGAINST You do not ratify the results and request keyholders of the community multi-sig wallet to delay payment until further notice.
*This allows for 5 days of deliberation from today, 7/9/21 until 7/14/21. Round totals for before and after defensive measures will be added here on Monday 7/12/21.
** The Ethereum ecosystem is governed by the community multi-sig which we intend to transfer to the GitcoinDAO treasury once select criteria has been met.
For questions, comments or concerns on any of the above, please comment below or join the Gitcoin Discord!