This proposal, if passed, would issue 100,000 GTC for governance rights equating to 2,500,000 $WONDER tokens (2.5% of total supply) when Wonder’s token is live.
The purpose of this alliance is to solidify the partnership between Gitcoin and Wonder where we can work together to enable DAOs to succeed.
Gitcoin and Wonder are pursuing aligned missions.
Gitcoin’s mission is to build & fund the open web; Wonder is building the necessary tools to facilitate thriving projects on the open web.
Wonder’s task management system allows DAOs to intuitively organize projects, pay contributors with their native token, and onboard new members with ease.
Gitcoin, a DAO of DAOs, benefits from partnership with projects that provide the infrastructure for a nascent DAO ecosystem. Specifically, Wonder can help Gitcoin-funded projects better onboard and retain contributors, improve productivity, and increase visibility within the DAO. In addition, it would allow for:
- Integrations that help Gitcoin source, fund, and scale more public good projects
- Collaboration on job fairs, hackathons, and events for DAOs
- Co-Creating tools to help the Gitcoin DAO operate more efficiently
- Enabling Gitcoin to have a voice in the future direction of Wonder
Overall, this partnership between Gitcoin and Wonder would likely mark the first of many collaborations with projects in the ‘DAO tooling’ space.
Wonder was founded by Andros (Kernel Block 4), Adam, and 0xtocqueville to help empower builders with the tools they need to change the world for the better. We believe in an intentional approach to crafting the future of work and play.
In just over two months Wonder has launched their private alpha and grown into a community with over 11,000 members and 45,000 people on their waitlist.
Wonder has been collaborating proactively with impactful DAO partners for their alpha launch. Highlights and examples of purposeful collaborations include:
- Helping Unchain DAO’s coordination efforts to raise $4m USD in humanitarian aid for Ukrainian civilians.
- Onboarding and partnering with Developer DAO to establish a standard around credentialing for work/tasks in web3.
- Onboarding and partnering with Radicle to establish best practices around streaming payments via drips.
- Onboarding and working with Orca protocol to bring pod membership and fine-grained permissions around multisig on chain.
The passing of this proposal would transfer 100,000 GTC to 0x231F77F0c4D7a9F2E20767c7B76ae745A6c547f9, Wonder’s specified Treasury address.
On the launch of Wonder’s token, 2,500,000 $WONDER would be transferred to 0xde21F729137C5Af1b01d73aF1dC21eFfa2B8a0d6, Gitcoin’s multisig address.
In addition, upon launch, 1% of Wonder’s treasury will be used for QF rounds via Gitcoin Aqueduct, to fund projects that are on or will be started on Wonder.
Use of Funds
To ensure long term alignment, Wonder will hold no less than 50% of the tokens received through 2024 and act as a meta-delegate in the Gitcoin ecosystem.
To ensure long term alignment, Gitcoin will hold no less than 50% of the tokens received through 2024 and act as a meta-delegate in the Wonder ecosystem.
1% of Wonder’s treasury will be used for QF rounds via Gitcoin Aqueduct, to fund projects that are on or will be started on Wonder.
- A long term collaboration between Gitcoin and Wonder
- Integrations of Gitcoin on Wonder’s platform
- 2,500,000 $WONDER tokens
- 1% of $WONDER treasury would flow back into QF PGF mechanisms
100,000 GTC would be removed from the treasury.