Multi-language version

Develop multilingual versions in Chinese and other languages ​​to facilitate more people to participate and expand the influence of the community

25 Likes

That’s great…should be lots of volunteers

5 Likes

支持,这个开发起来困难吗?如有中文社区,我要参与一下。

2 Likes

Yes agree…
Bring gitcoin community to expans the world.

1 Like

Great Idea. I already shared it for my french people

2 Likes

this will be highly recommended!

2 Likes

Of course. need it. Good recoomended ! :grinning:

1 Like

都是英文看不懂,如有中文也许会跟多人来参与。毕竟华人占世界人口的20%

1 Like

indonesian sir, i thinks in my country best for profit and promotion

1 Like

I will go for hindi language… But are we rewarded for doing this

1 Like

cannot agree more…
maybe it’s good for the commumnity to grow

depend for who is most popular Gitcoin right now

agree. It would be good if Spanish is considered.

1 Like

Need Portuguese language? :portugal: I’m here :+1:

2 Likes

I think internationalization is a great roadmap item to put out there from the community.

1 Like

Agree!!! We have to identify methods in order to overcome language barrier. A user-friendly and multilingual support platform should be developed, which could then better facilitate the governance process and discussion.

1 Like

There’s been some conversation about this in this thread too. Taking from there, I think the optimal structure would involve two things:

• Forums/channels/resources for additional languages
  • a role (“Ambassadors”) who can connect the communities. This allows ideas, opinions, and sentiments to flow between the communities. Maybe this would be a bountied job? I’m not sure, it does sound like a fair amount of work.

The reasoning behind the second is simple: if we have say, Chinese channels, but the English-speaking channels are completely siloed off, then the Chinese channels lose out on announcements and news in the English (the team is all English-speaking afaik), and the English channels lose out on being able to accommodate the needs and sentiments of the Chinese-speaking channels. (And more, these are just examples.)

2 Likes

Great idea, I could help with some spanish translations so if you guys want to make some translations I could help you

1 Like

Multilingual communities are very necessary so that people can communicate with everyone in their native language and in English. I hope the project grows faster

汉化汉化,英文没有学好,很吃力。汉化汉化,英文没有学好,很吃力