Introducing Stewards Governance

Gitcoin Username: @safderr
ETH Address: 0xb9570e18268375D6D57cda77ed63224f459D6384
Discord Handle: Saf#2338

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
Iā€™ve been an organizer for all of my adult life, having been involved in a number of grassroots organizations in my communities centered mostly around issues of access and advocacy for folks at the margins. Iā€™ve seen how these organizations fluorish and also how they struggle in very foundational ways, and see web3 as being a tool to supercharge how we coordinate towards lasting systems change.

The work that Gitcoin is doing, as well as how itā€™s both directly and indirectly shaping the narrative around public goods/regeneration, is incredibly exciting to me. I feel both the power and responsibility as an early adopter to ensure that this narrative-building doesnā€™t lose sight of its original ideals of collective ownership and community empowerment. As a Steward, I intend to challenge any deviations from these ideals, and ensure that the DAO remains aware of the larger ecosystems that itā€™s operating in and influencing.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
I started my web3 career as a ā€œnerdy degenā€, diving into technicals of a number of projects that I thought could be good investments. I think this degen training gave me a pretty good lay of the land, and helped me build a solid technical foundation to be able to understand the space and how the technology enables revolution.
However like many others, I came for the degen and stayed for the revolution. In the past year, Iā€™ve been involved in a number of DAOs - Protein, and Dream DAO being the most prominent - and Iā€™ve naturally assumed facilitator/project manager/steward roles at each.

Iā€™ve been a part of Gitcoin DAO since May, where Iā€™ve been a part of the People Operations team and more recently have also taken on some community management duties. Iā€™ve found so much life from being around the incredible team this DAO has built so far, and the work I focus on is ensuring that this team has what they need to succeed and to thrive.

Prior to Gitcoin DAO, I spent about 4 years as an engineer and project manager, and 3 years as a career development facilitator (in addition to the 8+ years of community organizing that Iā€™ve done on the side).

9 Likes

Alright time to throw my hat in the ring!

Gitcoin Username: @connoroday
ETH Address: coday.eth
Discord Handle: connoroday#3518
Twitter: @connoroday0

Iā€™d like to officially become a steward of the GitcoinDAO to help lead us toward our mission of building tools that empower communities to fund their shared needs. After spending over 3 years working full-time for Gitcoin (Holdings), Iā€™ve officially resigned from my position with that entity and am now working full-time for the GitcoinDAO within the Public Goods Funding workstream. The timing is right for me to dive head first into the DAO-native world and I want to leverage my experience to become a leading voice (one of many) in this community.

The future of work, the future of communities, the future of identity and reputation, will be decentralized and digital. Weā€™re in a unique position to help shape this future. Gitcoin has emerged as a core pillar of the open source and public goods funding movement within Ethereum, and we need to 10x this momentum to make a larger impact in the physical world.

I believe QF is a powerful mechanism that can be leveraged for many use cases and communities, that do not have to be strict public goods - check out my EthCC talk to learn why.

Iā€™ve been a Web3 native my entire career since before it was called Web3 (for better or worse) :slight_smile:. I went down the Bitcoin rabbit hole in college in 2013 and it influenced my decision to double major in Economics and Computer Science. I began as an intern at ConsenSys in 2015 before Eth mainnet launched, mined Eth in my dorm room, lost and recovered Eth in The DAO hack, etc. I was always passionate about new decentralized governance models Ethereum could enable - see my 2016 blog post on liquid democracy I wrote as a starry-eyed intern.

At ConsenSys I spent time doing research, token design, dev rel, partnerships, and more. I spent 1.5 years working on a tokenized real estate platform that was eventually shut down as we failed to raise a series A in the depths of the bear market. Watching ConsenSys grow from 20 employees to 1400, and back down to 500, I learned a lot about ā€œdecentralizedā€ organizational structure, fundraising, and building things users want. I believe these insights will be relevant to scaling a DAO.

I began working for Gitcoin in early 2019 when the userbase was growing but we were still exploring the right product market fit. I ended up joining and eventually leading the hackathon and virtual events team, where we grew our community, expanded offerings, and increased revenue by an order of magnitude. I eventually transitioned to spend more of my time focusing on grants/QF, and have shifted into a role where I help lead the Gitcoin Grants Ecosystem Round operations. Weā€™ve grown the number of ecosystem rounds from 1 in GR11 to 14 in GR14, in less than a year.

Iā€™ve worn many hats in my time at Gitcoin between biz dev, operations, marketing, product, support, dev rel, sales, and more, but every role was focused on growing Web3 communities and funding meaningful work. I have a deep understanding of the Gitcoin platform, community, and mission. I plan to do my best to ensure the success of Gitcoin, our DAO, and our community for years to come!

14 Likes

Here goes nothingā€¦
Gitcoin Username: @GTChase
Eth Address: chayz.eth (0x748dF7c92687A7acA7c1ac81b1cDC2A3995581b9)
Discord Handle: ChaseADragan#8602
Twitter: GTChas3

Statement of Intention:
I am believer that Ethereum (the blockchain) is one of, if not one of the most important technological advancements our world is fortunate to have seen. Gitcoinā€™s purpose and essential intents highlight what it looks like to realize the potential of Ethereum and the blockchain to make a positive sum impact in this world.

I also am a believer that the future of how we work together, our identities/reputations will continue to be decentralized and digitized (empowered by the blockchain). GitcoinDAO is leading from the front with how we have structured our self in a DAO native way and the products we build to empower this transition.

These are the reasons that make me so passionate about being a contributor at GitcoinDAO, and why I want to become even more active in fulfilling our purpose and essential intents by becoming an additional node in the stewards that help us get there.

Qualifications / Skills:

• Joined GPC in December '21 allowing myself to work on the core cProducts that got Gitcoin to where it is today. Providing me deep historical context
  • Transitioned to Moonshot Collective as a work stream lead in April, which has allowed me to be apart of the inner-workings of the DAO. Building valuable technology that helps contribute directly to our Essential Intents
  • My role within the DAO requires me to often coordinate across our many different workstreams. Which in return paints a macro picture of what all is going on within the DAO
  • 6+ years of product management to ensure the planning and execution of products that solve key business and user problems across a variety of industries and market+company sizes

The intersection of my statement of intention and experiences/skillset is what empowers me to be here and help steward GitcoinDAO to empower communities to fund their shared needs.

11 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @michelle.ma
Eth Address: michellema.eth (0x49d57D1d21D8DF85AEd13225c27C9809C59018C9)
Discord Handle: michelle_ma#8719
Twitter: @musingsbymima

Statement of Intention:
Working at Gitcoin these past couple of months as a PM in the Gitcoin Product Collective has been one of the most meaningful and fulfilling experiences of my career to date, and I would be honored to dedicate my time and energy towards being a steward of GitcoinDAO. In doing so, I hope to support GitcoinDAO in actualizing its purpose to empower communities to fund their shared needs, starting with the development and adoption of the Grants 2.0 protocol.

Qualifications / Skills:

• Joined GPC as a Product Manager in April 2022, and have been leading product for Grant Hub within our Grants 2.0 protocol suite
  • 2+ years working in product management - spent the first 1.5 years out of college as an Associate Product Manager at Yahoo, building out B2B (Targeting & Identity) & B2C products (Yahoo Finance). Prior to Yahoo, I was a student at Swarthmore College, where I studied Computer Science & Philosophy.
  • Involved in various mission-aligned web3 communities, such as: kernel (KB4), verses, and pactDAO
  • I am personally very interested in learning more about the intersection of web3 & care ā€“ specifically how web3 can enable us to practice self-care, community care, & structural care. This is a topic I hope to explore more in my newsletter (and soon to be Mirror publication), Tech Care
13 Likes

Cant imagine a better steward.

5 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @epowell101
ETH Address: epowell101.eth
Discord Handle: epowell101#7717
Twitter: @epowell101

I deeply care about Gitcoin and its mission. I have a lot of experience that I use to regularly contribute to Gitcoin as a well-informed steward and instigator of the OpenData Community.

Raised by civil rights activists, Iā€™ve always had a healthy disrespect for authority and an appreciation for the community building that change requires.

Along the way I was an early board member of the Earth Island Institute, nurturing ā€œpublic goodsā€ using the tools we had at that time. I was invited into that role thanks to my work helping to grow one of the first large dual or triple bottom line companies in San Francisco, then known as Working Assets.

Fast forward many years and I became one of the more prolific creators of open-source infrastructure projects and their sponsoring companies as a 4x founding CEO. And then, inspired in no small part by Gitcoin, I pulled the ripcord and shifted to web3 in 2021.

In the Fall of 2022 I became an active part-time contributor to Gitcoin - focusing on open data. As explained on the Gitcoin Forum here the OpenData Community can help Gitcoin achieve its essential intents by decentralizing the analysis & potentially the tools themselves necessary for public goods funding to flourish.

I am also thankful to be a public goods operator in the metagovernance DAO, Wildfire. Via this collaboration, I work with colleagues who are active in governance and governance design across the breadth of web3, from ENS to Bankless and from Optimism and Aave, DAO Haus, and elsewhere. I introduced Wildfire to our Gitcoin forums here:
https://gov.gitcoin.co/t/introducing-wildfire-scaling-governance-fire-eye-contribution/11005

I intend to be an experienced, analytical, and compassionate voice as a steward. As an example, in November of 2022 I asked the hard question in public about whether we are collectively spending too much given inherent risks and the macro environment. This Forum post became one of the most active during the period and has led to a healthy level of introspection.

Qualifications / skills:

• Metagovernance professional
  • More than 20 years of experience as a board member, founder, and individual contributor of for-profit and non-profit organizations
  • Active contributor in Forums and as a leader of OpenData Hackathon and Community
9 Likes

I am a peer of @epowell101 in WildfireDAO. We work together as core operators in the Public Goods working group where Gitcoin is one of the projects we support.

I can attest to epowell101ā€™s commitment to public goods and his expertise and knowledge in the area of metagovernance and public goods. Iā€™ll also add that he is great to work with, is conscientious, and follows through on responsibilities. He would be a great steward for Gitcoin.

6 Likes

Also extremely supportive of @epowell101 becoming a Steward. Lives and breathes Gitcoinā€™s core values & is committed to itā€™s mission.

2 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @kriak-eth
ETH Address: @kriak.eth
Discord Handle: Mike Kriak#1516
Twitter: @mkriak

My apologies for not introducing myself sooner! As part of ConsenSys Mesh, I was honored to help the team with the spin-out of Gitcoin and with the launch of the DAO. While Iā€™ve been voting since the launch of the DAO, I havenā€™t commented directly in the discourse here. Looking to change that.

I deeply believe in the plural, growing voices that shape DAOs. Iā€™m very luck to be a part of RugRadioDAO, c0c0DAO, ReadyPlayerDAO and DarkHorseDAO as well as on the board of ConsenSys Software Inc, 3Box/Ceramic, Community Gaming and Allinfra to name a few, all of whom are in some shape or fashion exploring DAOs. Iā€™ve worked as Kernel mentor and as an active Tachyon mentor and have helped 15 or so projects spin-out of ConsenSys.

My goal here is to listen, exchange learnings, and actively participate on what I think will be the best outcome for the greater Gitcoin community. I can think of no better nexus in web3 than Gitcoin that brings funding to shared outcomes.

Iā€™m very excited about the evolution of Grants 2.0 as well as Passport. From the start cracking sybil resistance and identity is core to web3. Gitcoin is leading that charge.

Qualifications /skills

• decentralized operations and finance focusing on helping founders on strategy, product market fit, business planning and capital raising.

• active in the evolving governance and decision making in the DAOs mentioned above.

11 Likes
  • Gitcoin Username
    @rushthomas

• ETH Address
    0xEeaA36420519d85EfaB3b7120ac5Afa5a5825bFB

• Discord Handle (optional)
    Thomas_R#7011

• Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
    For the entirety of my career Iā€™ve been focused on fulfilling an inherent need to improve the state of the world. I aim to die being proud of my work, and discovered early on that the highest leverage path to achieve that aim is to simply democratize access to the tools, capital, and networks that unlock prosperity for individuals. As a result of that focus, I found myself working in economic development, startups, and for the past five years, blockchain technologies at ConsenSys / Mesh. Contributing to Gitcoin is a natural next step as I aim to further the impact I make personally, and contribute to the collective impact being made through token networks.

• Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
    I currently serve as a Partner at ConsenSys Mesh where I focus on token networks, DAOs, and the Mesh investment portfolio of 170+ positions. Iā€™m also an angel investor, board director, and advisor to early-stage web3 technology companies. Previously I led Client Services at Live Grey, served on the innovation and global business development teams at IPG Mediabrands, and co-founded Propeller, an impact-driven coworking space and business incubator in New Orleans. Iā€™m an alumnus of the World Economic Forum Global Shapers, hold a BS in Applied Economics, am an amateur programmer, and in my spare time I design impractical three-dimensional art.

9 Likes

Gitcoin Username: shawn16400
ETH Address: 0xAE6Ef687e55ccd6EC96d2BF6E67FA51819193AFD
Discord Handle: shawn16400#5507
Twitter: @shawnlgrubb

Find below my intention to become a Gitcoin Steward

Statement of Intention:
I believe web3 and DAOs are these generations best chance at changing the world. When I compare traditional business with Web3, itā€™s clear to me that the advantages of web3 are different than traditional business (efficiency, first mover, price, quality, scale, etc.). Web3 can replace parts of traditional business, but we have to play the game differently. Web3 has the ability to activate passionate contributors who are united in purpose, it can source talent from a global resource pool, and it can build on the shared successes of peers and competitors as we eliminate zero-sum competition. That is where DAOs can thrive.

Itā€™s not going to be all bunny rabbits, butterflies and sunshine. There are some really hard challenges in front of us an chief among those challenges is NOT letting ourselves fall into old habits. There are some solid business tools that we can use in the DAO, but I argue here that we have to use those models judiciously. If we keep doing what we did, we will keep getting what we got. And ainā€™t nobody got time for that.

My principles for web3 are best summarize as the following:

Hats off to rabbithole.gg for the starting point. When I vote, I follow the principles above.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:
I come to web3 from traditional business background in project/program/portfolio management in supply chain and IT, but spent my last few years in general management. I was introduced to the blockchain in 2015 in traditional business, but we pulled the plug on that project when the ā€œpublicā€ part became clear. I was started trading crypto in 2017, and mostly bailed out before the market crash in 2018. In 2020 jumped back into crypto as a technical analyst and swing trader. After a year of trading full time, I got bored of charts, momentum, and divergence and started to go deep on token fundamentals and that is when the DAO model really caught my attention. I joined the Index Coop as a contributor 2021 and in early 2022 I was leading Governance Communications and I picked up responsibility for the Human Capital and Culture Pod as well. I rant/write about DAO thing here and mostly post boomer-memes and governance-themes here.

And, I have a keen interest in harnessing the scary power of metagovernance. Treasury diversification paired with metagovernace can be interesting driver for the web3 ethos.

12 Likes

Gitcoin username: @rachel-mesh
ETH Adress: 0x5626EF4869E2CFAFD38Ad3D1de6f71a811b1c5d5
Discord: rachelk#5081
Twitter: @rachelrecruits

Statement of Intention/Values & Reasons for Joining
Hi, Iā€™m Rachel! Iā€™m one of the folks from ConsenSys Mesh; Iā€™m very grateful for the opportunity to help steward Gitcoin, and committed to doing my part to make educated, thoughtful decisions.

I made the switch officially from web2 companies to web3 at the beginning of this year (after some personal investing in 2020-2021). Iā€™m here in the web3 space because Iā€™ve been working for a long time to help open doors for anybody traditionally excluded from tech communities: women and BIPOC people, people of color, people in locations outside north america/europe, people who are economically disadvantaged, etc.

With DAOs, I see opportunity for the first time to level the playing field for everybody to affect change, as opposed to just the well connected and wealthy, and to provide a safe space to collaborate and build, and be part of a global, transparent community.

Web3 Qualifications/Skills
Iā€™m the Talent Advisor at Mesh, so in addition to responsibility for our strategy around hiring and finding key hires, I work on building pipelines of future hires, figuring out how to work cooperatively/help hiring across our investment portfolio, and provide some best practices and tools for sourcing and interviewing. Iā€™ve been working in tech since the web 1 days, and helped grow a couple of series 2 start-ups/high growth companies in the web2 space over the past several years. I started my career as a content and copywriter, but got bored and became a people connector. Iā€™m also an indietronica musician. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Gitcoin Username
@dianarichter

ETH Address
0xC994F1424EB35E2D194CDd2419498846bABA6931

Discord Handle
dianaRH#7515

I left a career in ecommerce because I felt unfulfilled and unchallenged. I was lured into Web3 for a reason I know many are familiar with, the possibility to use blockchain technology to create better systems for human coordination and through this, better conditions for humans in general. GitcoinDAO is best-in-class; it is a group of thoughtful contributors, passionate about a better world via Web3. None of us know how were going to get there, but we are going to listen, debate, and figure it out together. The emphasis on participation, shared values and transparency among the Gitcoin community makes GitcoinDAO an optimal forum to build in Web3.

I am the Head of Marketing and Brand at ConsenSys Mesh, where I have worked since the Spring of 2021. At Mesh I support our portfolio of 190+ positions, our accelerator program Tachyon, as well as develop Meshā€™s own marketing strategy. Prior to Mesh, I was a marketing consultant at various consumer brands for several years having previously led brand marketing strategy at direct-to-consumer online brands. I love to build brands that emotionally connect with their audience and have always been a bit of a swiss army knife in my marketing skill set. In addition to my work at Mesh, I volunteer with the Parole Preparation Project, an organization that supports imprisoned people as they prepare for their parole hearings, and I love nerding out on my ultralight backpacking gear list.

12 Likes

Gitcoin username: @SLBK123

Eth address: 0x5f1E118D5DaC79786b0932eFF805ABBA478349E8

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining:

I am from ConsenSys Mesh and have been working there since April of this year. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to participate in a community that is rocking it in Web3 space. Iā€™ve spent my entire career on the sidelines supporting traditional corporate boards and watching people make really tough decisions and putting in a lot of hard work and time in the governance process. The fact I now can be an active participant in a community and now be able to contribute here feels familiar but yet so different. It brings me nothing but joy and excitement for the journey to come.

I have managed teams/departments and also been responsible for budgets, tracking KPIs and have sat in on countless strategic planning meetings as Administrative Manager, Chief of Staff, and Executive Assistant. I see and know how sausage is made, Iā€™ve been up late nights with CEOā€™s, CFOā€™s and COOs reviewing, proofing and creating board materials. I believe I bring another fresh perspective to the table. I am also in the early stages of starting a community of my own for administrators like me who work in Web3 space. I love that Gitcoin is empowering communities and I am thrilled to be here.

9 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @abigailcarlson
ETH Address: @abigailcarlson.eth
Discord Handle: habibi #6410
Twitter: @abi__carlson

Hello everyone! Iā€™m thrilled to be taking on an active role in Gitcoin governance. I have a background in international development and social impact work and fell into the web3 rabbit hole in the spring of 2021. From cross-border remittances to transparent supply chains to fractional tokenized real estate investments to new ways of organizing communities and creating art, I quickly realized the disruptive impact web3 was going to have on most industries as we know them today. I decided I wanted to be knee deep in the action, so to speak.

My background has made me naturally interested in web3 public goods and I have been following Gitcoin for a while now. Iā€™m looking forward to getting involved and building together.
Iā€™m especially excited about Gitcoin Passport!

Qualifications /skills

Iā€™ve worked for a non-profit focused on global anti-slavery work, for several social enterprises / B corps, on a political campaign in Arkansas in a coms capacity, and have volunteered with a refugee assistance organization in DC and more recently an anti-poverty advocacy org called RESULTS.
I started my web3 journey at Celo and am part of the SheFi community. Iā€™m in lots (too many!) of DAO Discord servers but this is my first time taking on a more active involvement within a DAOā€™s governance. Outside of the impact side of web3, I try to keep up with some things happening in the generative art space. Nicolas Sassoon is my favorite in that space, but I might be a little biased because heā€™s French and I grew up in France. Oui oui.
Itā€™s great to meet you all, I canā€™t wait to dive in.

10 Likes
  • Gitcoin Username
    @alismith.eth

• ETH Address
    0x1EdD2D2B6968B432b04aF01c348AB20DEAEBA9Ee

• Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
    Diversity and inclusion play a fundamental role in maximizing productivity, driving innovation and generating strong long-term performance. Despite the growing amount of research that supports these linkages, overall progress on gender and cultural representation in traditional markets remains slow. Through funding public goods, Gitcoin is building critical infrastructure that can serve as a foundation to foster diversity and inclusion in Web3. Gitcoin has established itself as a hub for communities to build systems that have tremendous growth potential and distribute value in a more equitable way relative to traditional markets.

• Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
    I am an analyst on the portfolio management team, where I focus on early stage venture investing and digital assets. Prior to joining Mesh, I worked with endowments and foundations advising on investment strategy and portfolio management. Additionally, I conducted crypto investment due diligence, surveying the emerging investment landscape to identify opportunities for institutional investors.

6 Likes

Gitcoin Username
@maialepine

ETH Address
maialepine.eth

Discord Handle
Maia#1161

I intentionally chose to pivot deeper into Web3 as an effort to further merge my unique career skills with my lifeā€™s passion: to be of service to my own community. My goal being to further expand & better understand the benefits of DAOs and how Web3 can assist in not only cultural preservation, but also helping erode social and economical inequalities for minorities and POC. I am enthused, inspired and invigorated by a greater return to the spirit of community and am truly passionate about the philosophical approach (and integrity) which so many of us seem aligned on within this space. My goal being to contribute value, continue learning from mentors/ peers and offer honest thought-provoking feedback/ food for thoughts from the point of view of a woman of color within Web3. Thankful for the opportunity and privilege to be a Steward with such an intentional team at Gitcoin.

I recently became Project Manager for the Portfolio Management team at ConsenSys Mesh, since spring of 2022, after spending the past 6.5 years in a newsroom (as Exec Coordinator for Vice News.) At Mesh I support our portfolio managers, our accelerator program team (Tachyon), as well as help log, implement workflow processes and annotate/ standardize best practices. Prior to Mesh, I was a career executive assistant/ chief of staff for several decades having helped support/ nurture the genius of executives, notables and their respective infrastructures. Iā€™ve navigated landscapes ranging from luxury brands, to media, to tech. I love all things organizational, and have a keen eye for patterns, forever seeking harmony & balance via mindfulness be it with my work, or personal life. In addition to my work at Mesh, I am the founder of the African Artists Coalition (nonprofit) with a heavy focus on Cultural Preservation & Heritage celebration via the lens of the digital landscape. Iā€™m also an artist of Rwandan descent, and created the first traditional Rwandan Imigongo Art NFT collection in an effort to explore legacy logging. Feel free to reach out if youā€™d like to know more about what Iā€™m passionate about within the space

Looking forward to connecting/ learning with you all.

7 Likes

Gitcoin Username: [@shawnyetothe]
(@shawnyetothe | Gitcoin)

ETH Address: 0x0314cc74e461d881ba3b5c93bba34cc81e4f7004

Discord Handle: shacheng#2843

I am interested in Gitcoin Governance because of the shared values to create the next generation of coordinating mechanisms that result in a more open, equitable and just world. Not every project in Web3 is thinking about how to use these tools for good much less how to create new public goods that are sustainable for the regenerated world ahead. I want to help guide and support with the experience, knowledge and skills I have as an individual but also fine tune what it means to participate as a ConsenSys Meshian.

I have been full-time in Web3 for nearly 5 years. In running multiple investment programs during my time at ConsenSys, I have found operating in a way that embraces decentralization, self-sovereignty, and self-organization is extremely hard but well worth it. When I first joined I started with helping to run ConsenSys Labs our incubator to expand the teamā€™s capabilities to support more founders and upgraded the way we allocated capital through Resource Allocation Circles (RAC).

Whether you call it RAC, a core unit, a sub-DAO, a guild, or a scout unit, these groups help facilitate decentralized decision-making. ConsenSys and Mesh as entities are no where near perfect but we learned a lot along the way in taking these risks. I wrote a small piece to help highlight some stops along the way we tried to support and grow the DAO space here: A Brief History of ConsenSys Mesh and DAOs | by ConsenSys Mesh | Medium

Why now?
I see amazing key primitives appearing across our portfolio of of 180+ positions and more broadly with friendly collaborators that tell me we the Year of the DAO may be upon us shortly and we may not need to settle for simple summer-of-X flings.

Iā€™m on the board of Tribute Labs, Liquality and have driven our DAO investment strategy at ConsenSys Mesh to join / form / invest in The LAO, Neptune, Dark Horse, Neon, Ready Player, Muse0, PoolTogether and most recently C0C0 DAO. When Gitcoin was being incubated, I led Gitcoinā€™s resource allocation sessions and still have the materials from 8/16/2018. :slight_smile: Iā€™ve worked with the early MetaMask and Infura teams, been a mentor for multiple Kernal0x blocks and in harder times helped to consolidate, restructure and streamline many of our key investment activities: Ventures, Tachyon, Token Foundry, Strategic Investments, and Opportunity Fund.

My current day-to-day involvement is focused on Tribute Labs, The LAO, Neon, Ready Player and C0C0. And casually participate in a few fun DAOs like MADDAO (Moms & Dads), CryptoDADs, and too many genesis groups on tg to count.

Iā€™m excited to play a role in both Meta Governance and think there is a lot for Mesh to learn from the group within Progressive Decentralization. Lots of people are thinking about how a DAO functions and Iā€™d like to figure out the ways institutions and groups of people can seamlessly support and grow alongside and within these new structures. DAO2DAO systems are great but DAO2 regular old companies and institutions are likely very valuable as well.

Excited to meet more of you and collaborate with other communities outside of the Mesh, ConsenSys Alumni, and Tribute DAO network.

5 Likes

Gitcoin username: @eugyal
ETH Adress: 0x85E69D4872CD61B570a7098922d38F2E2FdE64fc
Discord: euxo#0745
Twitter: @eugyal

Hello, My name is Tashi and Iā€™m super thrilled to be participating is Gitcoin governance. My exposure to Crypto/Blockchain space started in early 2017 and I have not stopped learning since. I believe that smart contracts will shape the future of the internet and excited to see where our collective work in Web3, specially around NFTs and Identity will take us. Gitcoinā€™s work in Public Goods space and democratized model for project funding has surely taken strides to empower developers and lay the proper ground work for Web3 and crowdsourced future. I look forward to days ahead to share my perspectives to the DAO.

Qualifications /skills

I am currently the Senior System Administrator for Mesh. I manage Meshā€™s SaaS system architecture, System integrations, ISMS, Security and User management. Prior to joining Mesh I had a long tenure at Apple where I held positions of Technical Expert, Genius, Lead Genius, and Training Lead. In 2021, I finally made the plunge into Web3 and feel fortunate to join Mesh where we are championing the global adoption of Web3. I hope to learn and grow as I spend more time here and contribute in this space as much as possible.

5 Likes

Welcome to new our newest Stewards @maialepine @Shawn and @eugyal (Tashi)
These three bring loads of diverse IRL and web3 experience and we are happy to have them join us.

@maialepine, @Shawn and @eugyal here are three steps for you:

1. Find your name at https://www.daostewards.xyz/
  2. Check your details and track your progress as you participate
    and finally -
  3. Get started on the DAO Stewards onboarding plan here
    Welcome!
5 Likes