Halloween weekend, and multiple hackathons running on Gitcoin!
How can we improve the digest? Leave your feedback here.
- DAO Stewards V2 vote has passed – The proposal to update protocols and processes for DAO Stewards passed. Folks in the comments are currently asking, “Should we increase minimum compensation for DAO Stewards?”
- The Open Data Science hackathon continues through the 31st. Check it out by going to #start-here in the Discord and selecting the Hackathon and Events role, then dropping into the #fdd-hackathon channel!
- The Reserve Protocol x Gitcoin hackathon began on 10/25, and runs through 12/7. Join and hack with others on the future of asset-backed currencies. $250k in total prizes. Get involved here.
- There is a Snapshot vote up to ratify GR16 round structure. Read the proposal and vote here.
Meme by McKennedy.eth
- Twitter Roundup
- New Posts in the Governance Forum
- This Week’s GreenPill Episodes
- New and Active Governance Proposals
- Upcoming Events
If you’d like to get the Digest in your inbox, sign up here.
And now, this week’s Hot Topics!
A roundup of interesting topics of the past week from within the GitcoinDAO ecosystem.
Knowledge Transfer: Characterizing the Sybil Resistance Problem, by Owocki
This post was originally posted on August 5th. Disruption Joe dropped this link to Owocki and Kevin Olsen’s talk at DevCon Bogotá 2022, titled “1 Human, 1 Vote Money Legos”. Joe encourages devs to check out the developer focused presentation on Passport, which begins about 26 minutes into the video.
Proposal: V2 of the Steward Council, by shawn16400
This proposal to create new processes and structure for the Steward Council has gone to a Snapshot vote and passed, with 99.83% voting ‘for’! However, there is still a lively discussion in the comments.
Latest Episodes from Green Pill
- Green Pill #56 | Democracy with Decentralized Identity with Paula Berman – Kevin is joined by Paula Berman who talks about cultivating web3 era democracy with decentralized identity. Paula is a hacktivist, digital identity geek and COO of RadicalxChange. Paula shares how she went from civic tech to web3, why she wrote the paper, “Who Watches the Watchmen?” why it’s important, and so much more.
Snapshot polls GTC Holders and Tally performs on-chain actions. Proposals that have on-chain steps, such as budget requests, move on to Tally after being ratified on Snapshot.
- GR16 Round Structure – Runs until Oct 27, 2022, 10:00 PM ET (Snapshot)
- None this week.
Latest Completed Proposals:
- Version 2 of the Steward Council – Passed with 99.83% ‘For’ (Snapshot)
If you have an event you’d like us to include in the Digest, reach out to @alexdw5 on Twitter or Discord.
- 12p ET – DAO VIBES – our weekly open community vibes call. Happens in the Citizen Forum on Discord.
- 1p ET - Gitcoin Gathering – Gitcoin Gathering is a series of personal development workshops led by Jon and Laura! Open to Core and Trusted Contributors. Let Saf know if you have any Trusted Contributors to add to the calendar invite!
For up-to-the-minute updates on Gitcoin events, check out our Events Calendar!
Sign up here to get the Gitcoin Digest in your inbox.
Help us improve the Gitcoin Digest by interacting with this pol.is! Add your statements and vote on what others have put forward. Remember to check back regularly to vote on new statements. Thank you!