Rewarding the community: Are you contributing to Gitcoin’s success? This round is dedicated to celebrate and recognize the bridge builders, educators, dune wizard, communicators, the unsung heroes who deserve to be rewarded! Citizens are the ‘public goods of the public goods web3 community’.
Applications: September 12th to September 26th
Donations: October 10th to October 24th
Matching Pool: 15k GTC
Chain: Public Goods Network (PGN)
Focus: New or ongoing work, full eligibility criteria here
Live round: here
Learnings from GG18 and continuous improvement for Grants Stack
- @megLister joined Gitcoin ~3 months ago to lead product for Grants Stack. Grants Stack launched publicly in May as a new dApp for grants managers that Gitcoin’s PGF team also used to run GG18. Check out her insights and Product Reflections
Better Impact Funding: Gitcoin Green Pill Network
- @owocki proposes an MVP of “Better Impact Funding” enabled by integrating multiple regenerative communities, describing how to achieve Greenpill.network && Gitcoin-alignment through HyperCerts based impact funding and Gitcoin QF Street Teams
Setting Guardrails and Best Practices for Partnerships
- The recent discussion of a controversial matching fund partnership has led to a healthy discussion of how partnership decisions are currently made at Gitcoin. What do you think about implementing this Gitcoin Partnership Funnel proposed by @M0nkeyFl0wer Also, check out this comprehensive Gitcoin Partnership Process outlined by @mathildaDV and feel free to pick it apart!
Embracing decentralised integrity: from Founder to Contributor in a new cycle
- Asking “What is Gitcoin’s endgame?” means asking “what is the realistic vision, strategy, and roadmap going forward?” @Owocki is still figuring out how to contribute productively to Gitcoin and will be having conversations with various people associated with the DAO, around what needs to be done and where he can help out. Reach out if you have any feedback
Learn how to stay safe with @BoringSecDAO
- Join our Security Class on Tues Sept 19th, organized by Umar Khan. In this session you will learn about Wallets and Seed Phrase security; Operational Security and Risk mitigation; Common Scams and how to avoid them
Get the full lowdown on what August held for Gitcoin by checking out this gov post
No video available this week, the livestream erroneously wasn’t captured
Async updates are due next week
V2 documentation (WIP) is available here
Major Season 19 Initiatives: 1) V2 audit and mainnet deployment. 2) App integrations / integration tools to help builders on Allo. 3) Bootstrap the profile registry with cGrants data so that products can tap into an initial trust and verification layer.
Product Roadmap Updates – we are ahead of schedule hot in pursuit of 3 types of partnerships:
- Funder partners for continued growth
- Core product integrations with the likes of BuidlBox and Impact Stream
- Complementary product integrations
- Developer Lead Gen Form – Introduced a developer lead generation form, fostering collaboration and contribution.
- Strategy Library – Introduced a comprehensive strategy library encompassing both “Production-ready” and “Proof of Concept” strategies, fostering modular innovation.
- Marketing – Allo brand book plus exported new assets can be found here and the refreshed slides have also been shipped.
- GS v2 Migration Support – Actively aiding the migration of the Grants Stack to Allo v2, ensuring a smooth transition.
Release Notes are here
Fantom Wallet Integration – In light of a recent hack and to avoid deterring users, only valueless GTC vote tokens will be used during testing phases.
Direct Grants Integration – Still in research mode, however, the team is exploring how to bring less crypto-native communities into the Gitcoin ecosystem. The plan is to enable the Gitcoin Grants Program and PGN engage with more ‘normie’ philanthropic communities.
Notable L2 Integrations – Deploying GS to Arbitrum, with potential integrations with other L2s coming soon
Other Updates – Updated Grants Stack One Pager & GeoWeb Case Study Brief in progress
Checkout the new brand identity here
Onchain Passport – Gitcoin Passport holders can now move their Passports onchain. This means that your reputation built with @GitcoinPassport will now be able to be read natively via smart contracts in the Ethereum Ecosystem, enabling you to access high quality, trustworthy onchain opportunities over time.
New Branding – Redesign of the Passport branding and dashboard for improved usability and visual clarity, ensuring alignment with the mission and vision while presenting a compelling identity.
Historical Scores Planning – Strategically planning to capture historical scores for analysis, offering insights into Passport usage patterns over time.
ComposeDB Upgrade Planning – Planning an upgrade to ComposeDB to optimize performance and provide a robust foundation for future Passport developments.
Gitcoin Twitter/X List – Drop your name in this Notion table if you’d like to be added to a Twitter list so it’s easy to find and follow you and other Gitcoiners
Under Construction – @Gerrit is assembling a team to audit or analytics and needs buy-in from Product & Website owners to drive this forward. Meanwhile, @mathilda is crafting a checklist to drive future partnership announcements.
- Snapshot polls GTC Stewards. Tally performs on-chain actions.
- Proposals that have on-chain steps, such as budget requests, are approved on Snapshot before moving on to Tally.
- Gitcoin to diversify a 10% of its concentrated stablecoin holdings into Glo Dollar, a US-regulated stablecoin supporting basic income for ending extreme poverty, to enhance financial resilience, social impact, and promote a healthier crypto ecosystem.
Marquee event attendance
- ETH Warsaw – ongoing
- DevConnect Istanbul - Nov 13-19
- FTC Taipei - December
Gitcoin Community Call – foregone the week following GG18’s conclusion (w/c Aug 28th). Weekly discussions due to recommence on w/c Sept 4th, taking place every Wednesday @ 12 pm ET.
Catch up on recordings of recent conversations here:
- Sep 14: NEWFORUM Identity Hackathon 2023: Kickoff
- Sep 13: Learnings from GG18
- Sep 12: Gitcoin Citizens Round #2: Kickoff
PS: Click here to subscribe to the DAO Digest