Wow, its already 2022! I’d love to start a thread for us to coordinate our 2022 goals across the workstreams in the DAO.
If successful, I may put together an infographic that shows the DAO’s roadmap. And I think it would be really great if each workstream knew what each other one was targeting for 2022.
cc @DisruptionJoe @ceresstation @kyle @phutchins @fred @krrisis @kyle
Here are some proposed 2022 goals from the Gitcoin Holdings side of things.
- impacted lives of devs (GMV)
Objective 1: More Scale:
- Increase the number of Grants that raise >$5k/quarter by 50%
- Increase the number of high quality hackathon submissions by 50%*
- subject to change after evaluation is done.
Objective 2: More Decentralization:
- 2 implementations of ($1k GMV each) dGrants forks (horizontal scale)
- Release a generally available V1 of a shared grants registry to be used by CLRFund and dGrants in H1
- Release a generally available MVP of a shared registry of Sybil information and collect feedback
- Evaluation, roadmap planning for HMW merge Grants in H2 2022
- Evaluation, roadmap planning for HMW evolve our Hack/Bounties platform
Sharing a first crack at grants objectives - full grants 2022 OKR & planning doc here.
I’d like to get community involvement in fleshing these out. Please comment on the doc if you have input, and DM me if you’d like to attend the 2022 Grants Planning session - to discuss OKRs & 2022 round dates - scheduled for Friday, Jan 14th @ 1:30pm MST.
The idea is that these goals would roll up into the PGF objectives (which we’re still working through), which would then roll up into Holdings/DAO-wide objectives @owocki outlined above.
Tentative/proposed H1 2022 grants goals
- Scale: Grow grants program
- Decentralization: Continue to decentralize grants
- Scalability: Set ourselves up to execute Gitcoin Grants on a much larger scale
I would like to have one more perspective for the goals,
user experience for the grants. (maybe it is hard to measure, but definitely we need to improve with engineering team together)
These are some of the goals for the DAOops Workstream as outlined by @kyle in our budget proposal.
- Continue combining DAO / Gitcoin Holdings meetings and calendars to ensure we have one contiguous experience.
- Continue to advance regulatory considerations at both the DAO level and the workstream level
- Establish to bolster recruitment, onboarding, member growth, and retainment
- Continue to champion accounting best practices and templates to assist workstreams with budgeting, accounting and bookkeeping.
- Support CSDO with implementation of ratified items (like Discord changes, Notion changes, etc.)
- Continue to improve the Stewards experience and engagement levels
- Grow and combine our User Support efforts to ensure protocol users are well supported
- Finalize open community experience tasks like Notion, Discord, Sobol, etc.
- Open source much of this workstream’s work so that we may act as a guide for other DAOs
More detailed objectives per initiative can be found here.
The Goal of user support in 2022
I have a dream for Gitcoin User Support (it is on Discord now) by the end of 2022.
– First User support is not only for our end user, but also support the contributors like recruiment, onboarding, growth, retainment etc.
- It is permissionless for joining Gitcoin support team (it is permissioned now)
- Everyone could do the support in their free time.
- Once their support reaches a pre-defined threshold, they will get rewarded.
In order to best service Gitcoin user, we not only need the Discord support, but also the great content (from knowledge base or user guides), so
- Build a rich (Support) knowledge base (rather than Knowledge Base - Gitcoin Support)
- Encourage the community to contribute to the knowledge base
- Contributors will get rewarded for their efforts.
Please leave your thoughts about the support.
any idea around when we’d like to officially announce GR13? or is that to be figured out on the 1/14th call? asking for DAO twitter : ) thx.
GR13: 3/9/2022 => 3/24/2022
+100 on these, in terms of some of the other OKRs we’ll be formalizing, check out our objectives in the Q1 PGF budget
One key thing I want to note as others think about their OKRs: our highest order objective is to increase the GMV of Gitcoin Grants and related public goods funding mechanisms so that we can sustain the web3 ecosystem. There are many ways to accomplish this, but I’d encourage everyone to go through their objectives and ask “How does this help us more effectively build and fund public goods?”
In terms of specific OKRs for Q1
- Help >500 new entrants to web3 understand why public goods are good via public goods PR
- Greenpill >20 new contributors across the library via the public library
- Annika’s objectives above have been ratified and are good to go!
Public Goods Partnerships
- Organize and execute on a framework for rank-ordering potential values-aligned partners
- Help seed 3 additional public goods projects like 0xPARC or Verses via micro-grants
- Find at least 3 values aligned partners to conduct token swaps with to push meta-governance in the space forward
FDD will be holding our Q1 strategy sessions between 1/12 - 1/17. I don’t want to post the goals before our collaborative decision making process. First, to not “lead the witness” in deciding our path. Second, to not create confusion if what I think of first were to change.
Sean from MMM here. We’re running a series of planning sessions right now. Current thinking is to have four key themes that are something like this with specific objectives and key results for each:
- Build the growth machine
- Build a leading web3 brand
- Support DAO workstreams
- MMM workstream health
We plan to gather feedback on a full draft by EOW and finalize them by end of next week!
Hello! Sean from MMM here again! Thank you to those who provided feedback and support, we’ve now arrived at our objectives and key results for the upcoming season 13.
One quick note: we’re aware that some other workstreams are doing half-yearly goals, but we’re using quarterly goals for now in order to reevaluate our impact on a slightly more frequent cadence while we’re in our fledgling days and getting into our rhythm.
|MMM Objective 1
||Build Gitcoin’s lean, mean web3 marketing machine
||- Drive 150k sessions to gitcoin.co through email channel (up 183% QoQ) and 295k sessions from organic traffic (up 30% QoQ)
||- Increase the number of grants that raise >$5k/quarter by 50% in GR13
||- Drive 1.8 million profile visits to Twitter (up 25% QoQ)
||- Create a tracking framework to enable experiment, refine, learn approach for marketing campaigns
|MMM Objective 2
||Shape and grow a leading web3 brand
||- Develop and publish brand perceptions to focus marketing campaign content & Brand Guide to ensure our visual & written content is consistent across all marketing and brand design
||- Create pilot co-marketing project as foundation for future partnerships
||- Launch “Can Devs Do Something” meetup in 5 cities with at least 150 participants & create a forkable program that allows community to host their own decentralized global meetups
||- Shape Gitcoin’s external perception & grow our global media presence
|MMM Objective 3
||Support GitcoinDAO & workstream initiatives
||- Expand connections and collaborations with workstreams, and ensure every workstream has a designated marketing point of contact
||- Establish a streamlined request process and ensure the following SLA is met: reply within 3 business days and 80% of projects delivered on-time, 90% on budget
||- Host and promote community-building virtual events such as weekly contributor meetups, happy hours, memepalooza, etc
||- Create and promote digest of key DAO activities to increase stakeholder understanding & engagement
|MMM Objective 4
||Grow & support team health and accountability
||- Recruit at least 3 top contributors - core and project-based. Ensure clear process for posting & completing work and prompt contributor compensation
||- Propose, refine and gain approval for 2022 Q1 marketing plan including budget, OKRs and project plan
||- All core contributors create & publish accountabilities, and receive regular performance feedback from peers and workstream leads
||- Empower contributors to start and lead grassroots initiatives with minimal ongoing management
Thanks for sharing the updates as regards the MMM Objectives.
The meet up in 5 cities, is it withing the US for now or something like Denver in US, Beijing in China, Lagos in Nigeria, London in UK and Bangalore in India?
The meet-ups will be international. We will be announcing a couple of the first cities soon.
Quick update: Added a key results in objective 1 on grants round 13 based on feedback from a few folks and to better align with organizational priorities!
just updated the MC/holdings OKRs to reflect the ratified (or close to it) versions.
We did a lot of retro and strategy planning in January (15 + hours) and chose 18 outcomes for the next 90 days with three success metrics for each. Each outcome falls under one of our “Top Level Goals” which are the metrics we want to use and improve round over round. Details on the 18 outcomes can be found on our FDD Weekly Update slides. Here are our top level OKRs to work on this year.
Sybil Defenders - Legitimacy
Gitcoin OKR: Decentralization
FDD Objective: Build a community driven anti-sybil pipeline
KR 1: Increase # of contributors to the open-source feature engineering pipeline during season x
KR 2: (Cost / Human Evaluation) goes down while maintaining inter-reviewer reliability
KR 3: Increase # of ecosystem data partners
Grants Investigation Agency - Credible Neutrality
Gitcoin OKR: Scalability
FDD Objective: Increase participation, transparency, and legitimacy in Grant Eligibility process
KR 1: Increase average reviewers per grant
KR 2: Increase the total number of reviewers added during each season
KR 3: Minimize grant time to activation during review period
Ground Control - Sustainability
Gitcoin OKR: Decentralization
FDD Objective: Be able to measure FDD health & success
KR 1: Contributor satisfaction metric go up
KR 2: GIA execution score go up
KR 3: Sybil Defense execution score go up
Here are the final Grants Ops H1 2022 OKRs as ratified on 1/26. Thanks to everyone who participated in planning!
Scale: Grow grants program
- Increase number of high quality grants that raise >$5K/quarter by 50% (pending market condition)
- Increase the number of side rounds by 100%
Scalability: Set ourselves up to execute grants on a larger scale
- Minimize the number of hiccups during the round
- Achieve NPS for participants, partners, and donors of >70
- Test at least two new constructs for funding grants (e.g., public goods coalition, aqueduct)
Decentralization: Continue to decentralize grants program
- Move grants ops completely out of Gitcoin Holdings & into the DAO
- Increase role of stewards/community in grants strategy & decision-making; define governance surface area
I am working on a visual/design for the roadmap. I’ve copied all the text from this thread in an attempt to simplify every single one of them but to be honest I do not know which ones are important. I need these short and concise in order to make it visually appealing.