2,117,884 Unclaimed GTC tokens

I propose the unclaimed tokens are burned, too

4 Likes

Within gitcoin there are so many flavors of work and I propose a decentralized distribution of GTC for all active community members who make this place thrive.

1 Like

I got into crypto in 2017 and have become an avid user. Started trying to get into Gitlab and Gitcoin Hackathons about a year ago but just didn’t have the Dev skills. Never stopped plugging away but unfortunately missed the airdrop. Gitcoin, Bankless, Finance.vote, and other DAOs using quadratic voting are certainly going to be needed in DeFi.eFi. I was able to buy a few GIT but maybe not enough to vote with (18 GIT). Would a new snapshot be a viable option to get coins to active community members who maybe didn’t jump in because they felt “unqualified”? Thank you

how exactly would i move forward with a suggestion to “do something about it”? my inclination is to take this to a regulatory body as i have neither the time nor expertise to deal with this but certainly the incentive

Yea I think the better option is to sent it to DAO treasury and make it some useful at Stewards Group. For those who didnt claim it just better think in it like it was burned it and forget it. There was 30 days to be prepared… If you participated in this, you should be know about it. But anyway… Just inside gitcoin grants there are always full of info and a lot of chances to get new coins and tokens and possibly future GTC airdrops…

There is no regulatory body for a DAO, the DAO members themselves either vote in support of a second claim window or they don’t.

So far it has not garnered enough support to even get to a proposal stage [Proposal] Second Claim Window for $GTC - #67 by makoto

It’s likely that we will focus on rewarding people for their contributions moving forward with these funds, as it’s a really complex thing to do an airdrop. You are welcome to comment in that thread as this is going to be deprecated soon.

6 Likes