2,117,884 Unclaimed GTC tokens

It’s unfortunate that you would take such a hostile approach in posting this message, you are free to use or not use Gitcoin for your community fundraising purposes, but I think it’s entirely unreasonable to launch into a critique of Gitcoin as a group of greedy moonbois and whales :rofl:

That being said this issue is not closed, so how about you make a suggestion to actually do something about it instead of going on the defensive :slightly_smiling_face: as they say,

you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar :honeybee:

2 Likes

May good if that unclaimed GTC are alocated and added to next grant😁

4 Likes

i don’t know what i can do about it except express how terrible this outcome is for me. isn’t there a team that handled this distribution and knows exactly how much each token loser didn’t claim?

2m GTC is also approx how much GtcDao vests to itself per month.

Allocate to users who provide liquidity and distribute proportionally. Provide liquidity to allow more people to use gtc, and make an important contribution to gtc

1 Like

Distribute to 10th round donation marathon or active community governance contributors

6 Likes

I think that they can be evenly distributed amongst the members who are active.

These will be allocated back to treasury for future use by the community

I think the GTC that has not been collected should be redistributed and distributed to the community with active participation and contributors.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I would first off like to thank everyone for all the great work you do. I would like to do all I can to help make the cryptocurrency world as safe and secure as possible. So I have some ideas in mind that I would propose and allocate appropriately with beast intentions. I believe we all can keep it up together and make it happen. Thank you so much.

good idea for who unclaimed tokens are burned.

Agree Mutawa I experienced a similar situation and would appreciate a chance to claim. But at same time I can totally understand how burning the unclaimed GTC would be more beneficial to the community as a whole, where a second round claim would only serve to benefit a small fraction of individuals.

I propose the unclaimed tokens Assigned to users who donate later

4 Likes
  1. It can break into a black hole and burn it.
  2. It can be traced back to the early people who deeply participated in gitcoin and made outstanding contributions.
  3. Donate to the poor people in the world to set up a GTC charity foundation.
5 Likes

最好是销毁 这样对各方的影响都不大 好像很多人跟我的想法一样

50% back into ecosystem, 50% airdropped back to regular users.

1 Like

The Gitcoin Foundation, could be great. We could even build the Gitcoin Science Center! Free Master class on Computer Science etc.

Hi @thekidconnect,

I was recently included in both the GTC airdrop, and another which bears some similarities. It also formed a de-facto community DAO, and used email as means of validation of past participation.

I agree there should be some way for people who missed the window, or were otherwise erroneously missed, to file a claim so to speak. In the case of this other DAO, one thing I noticed is that they posted a “Proof of Contribution” form for folks to submit if they didn’t get the airdrop.

It’s a pretty simple form, but you’d need people to review the submissions. So it would take a proposal and a vote, and forming a team to carry it out, I guess? I’m new to this stuff 🤷😄

Anyway, here’s a link to the form as a reference: Spork DAO - Proof of Contribution Form

Good luck!

I think there could be several options …
1- Burn the remaining tokens (That would not support decentralization much).
2- Distribute a certain amount in the next grants.
3- Save them as treasure.

1 Like

I think they must be given one more chance to reclaim.

2 Likes