RFP: GG22 Grantee Onboarding/Education Program

Overview

Our goal is to create a community-led onboarding program for grantees that will be delivered the week before GG22 goes live. We are seeking experienced grantees within the Gitcoin ecosystem to lead this onboarding program; they will be our Onboarding Partners.

Scope of Work

Throughout this program it is important for Onboarding Partners to educate grantees and builders on:

• How QF works
  • How to apply for GG22 (application process, understanding qualifications, connecting with GitHub)
  • Assisting with and reviewing applications
  • Understanding Checker
  • Markdown
  • How to use Grants Stack / Live Demo
  • How to market rounds
  • How to report any bugs throughout the application process

We expect onboarding partners to host their own onboarding sessions on Gitcoin’s Discord. Gitcoin will support the marketing and amplification of these onboarding sessions to assist with directing grantees to your sessions.

Additionally, we expect experienced grantees to submit an after-action report and answer a quick survey from the Gitcoin Team at the end of the Onboarding/Education Program to help the team understand the effectiveness of this program.

Deliverables List

Google Slide Deck

Live demos

Video tutorials

Office Hours

It is up to those proposing to outline what the program will look like, and clearly include the “Scope of Work” and the “Deliverables List”.

Selection Criteria

We will be selecting 1 proposal within our ecosystem that includes one or a group of grantees that have participated in a minimum of 3 grants rounds. You will need to have experience with Gitcoin’s product suite. Have a time commitment of at least one week where you can spend 1-2 hours daily to successfully onboard and educate GG22 grantees and builders. We will amplify efforts and direct grantees to this program.

The sessions should include live demos, slideshows and space for AMA. The onboarding program should remain in the scope of work set out above.

Timeline

Submissions are open until October 1 at 23:59 UTC

By October 4, experienced grantees will be selected and added to a Telegram chat or designated Discord channel for communication.

Between October 14 - 23, onboarding partners are expected to onboard, educate, and assist with any questions or concerns that grantees may have.

RFP Managers

@MathildaDV (Grants Program Lead)
@DaeYunique (Grants Coordinator)

Budget

$5000 to be paid in GTC

Funding & Commitment

This will be funded through the Citizen Grants Program budget.

Evaluation & Announcement

At the close of the submission, the RFP Managers will select experienced grantees according to the criteria. If there are any adjustments in the criteria, the adjustments will be published.

Commencement of Work

The selected grantees will commence work between October 14 - 23.

For preparation,Onboarding Partners should create an onboarding plan for onboarding and educating grantees. The selected experienced grantees will also be added to a Telegram chat or dedicated Discord channel for communication.

Compensation will be dispersed upon the completion of the Onboarding/Education Program.

Evaluation and Lessons Learned

Upon conclusion of the Onboarding/Education Program, we will provide a retrospective with feedback from the grantees, an after action report, and responses from the RFP managers.

How to Apply

Upload your proposal as a reply to this post. Please make sure to include all the relevant details of the onboarding program, including who will be on the team. Proof of 3 GG round participation required.

12 Likes

How will submissions be submitted? Maybe I missed a link or form?

1 Like

Agree, would like to know where do sumbissions be submitted please?

How to submit the proposal, or we just write it here as reply?

Super! I love the decentralization effect by Gitcoin and enabling other grantees to educate and onboard even more grantees building OSS. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

I just updated the post! Upload your proposal as a reply to this post

1 Like

HI all frens, Hi @MathildaDV!

Quick question, as I am a past grantee, or mainly a grant reviewer that executed grants rounds in the past with various form of event or hackathons, I am not too sure of the requirements for this application:

Let’s say I have a project, where I could build an event with it, including 5 different thematic as:

1. Art (design, animation, (more…))
  2. Code (blockchain integration, imagery generator, (more…))
  3. Sustainability (coordination, regenerative solutions, (more…))
  4. Optimization (speed, cost, energy input-output optimization, (more…))
  5. Education (video, onboarding sessions, group participation, (more…))

So, the part that is not clear to me is, should I prior filling up this application, I should already have the necessary funds available ~5000$ in the form of GTC token (current price valuation for example), and offer a fraction of this amount distributed in the different thematic as above, or, we do create a proposal, and if this proposition is accepted, then we will move to round 2. as to you “Gitcoin”, will fund this initiative with the 5K$?

If you could guide me or give me more details around my question, I would appreciate it!

Thank you for your reply! Have a wonderful day!
Armand

If anyone is wanting to team up, the Omniacs crew wouldn’t mind being part of a group and tackling a portion of the tasks. We could do:

Video Tutorials - We’ve been making Gitcoin tutorials for a while and have several on our Youtube channel up now here, here, here and a playlist here.

Google Slide Decks - We’ve made several for Gitcoin in the past and could do a few for “Assisting with and reviewing applications”, “Understanding Checker”, “How to report any bugs throughout the application process”, and maybe some other stuff not listed like “Finding your favorite grant” or “Deciding on what to fund”.

There is quite a bit of stuff we’d like to do, but don’t want the full responsibility of doing everything. So, with that said, if anyone is looking to squad up for this, respond back here and we’ll link up!

3 Likes

Thanks @Sirlupinwatson - it’s not clear what you are asking.

For clarity - this is a request for proposals to create a Grantee Education Program for GG.

To be able to submit an rfp using @MathildaDV’s criteria you must have been a past Gitcoin Grantee and have participated in a minimum of 3 rounds. We’ll award the value of the rfp (5000 $GTC) to the submission that most closely aligns with Gitcoin’s goals and the criteria set out above.

2 Likes

Yes @Sirlupinwatson I echo what Rena has said here. I think you may be getting the applications for GG22 Community Rounds slightly confused with this RFP?

I am generally also unclear with what you’re asking, though, so I hope that our answers have provided some clarity.

1 Like

Love this! I think getting a team together to co-manage and run this is the best way forward and will likely result in an overall stronger proposal.

1 Like

This is my Proposal Submission.

INTRODUCTION
I am KarlaGod, Lead Partner at B<>rder/ess, a Public Good that raises web3 developers and contributors from the University communities.

B<>rder/ess has a thriving community of web3 developers, enthusiasts and Public Goods contributors like @Pjay

We’ve had multiple acceptance into Gitcoin Themed Grants including:
GG18
Through to the last round (We’ve participated in every round from GG18)

GG21

ENS Identity

Arbitrum Citizens

Including participating in community rounds like, Public Goods Africa, Gitcoin Citizens Round, Octant Rounds, Unlock Protocol Rounds, and Arbitrum Rounds.

As an individual I have created multiple Tutorial Contents on Gitcoin Products and Provided help to Grantees creating their projects and joining rounds, you can see a compilation of that here.

PROPOSAL GOAL, DELIVERABLES, EVALUATIONS
As stated in the RFP

TEAM MEMBERS
Prince Will Ifeanyi @Pjay
Tina Truth
Gift Dennis
Iberedem Udo

Thank you

KarlaGod
Lead Partner B<>rder/ess

GG22 Grantee Onboarding/ Education Program for Brazilians

This program will be specially made to educate and onboard potential Brazilian grantees and builders on Gitcoin funding opportunities.

We will cover the following topics:

• How QF works
  • How to apply for GG22 (application process, understanding qualifications, connecting with GitHub)
  • Assisting with and reviewing applications
  • Understanding Checker
  • Markdown
  • How to use Grants Stack / Live Demo
  • How to market rounds
  • How to report bugs throughout the application process
    Sessions will be conducted in Brazilian Portuguese in our own onboarding sessions on Gitcoin’s Discord.

Team

Maria Goreti Freitas X account @Goreti__Freitas

I have participated as grantee during GR15, Beta Round, GG20 and GG21. I have also been part of the Decentralized Science-DeSci Operators team for GG20 and GG21 (X account @DeSci_Round_Ops).

Lucas Paludo

Lucas is an Automation and Engineering student. He has participated in several contests including for NASA and many hackathons. Lucas has a YouTube channel and a website he has been using for education. Lucas is in fact the first person I onboarded to Gitcoin and is eager to help to reproduce Gitcoin’s funding opportunities he has discovered and learned.

Time commitment

AMA-1-2 hours daily for GG22 during October 14th to 23rd, 2024.

Deliverables List

1. Google Slide Deck for all topics in Brazilian Portuguese (BR-pt)
  2. Live demos in BR-pt
  3. Video tutorials in BR-pt
  4. Office Hours 1-2 hours daily on Discord, Telegram or WhatsApp
  5. Impact Report (after program completion)
  6. Quick survey reply (from the Gitcoin Team)

Gitcoin rounds

I am trying to submit my RFP here, but unfortunately it won’t let me add any links or PDF attachments which is a bummer.

Trying to find a workaround.

Here is my proposal, without links so the forum is not allowing me. I’m happy to share the Notion page with links via another channel - I’m not sure what else to do.

GG22 Onboarding Program Proposal

I am Cori, co-founder of Regens Unite and grantee of previous Gitcoin rounds + Gitcoin Citizens rounds. I am also a graduate of the first Gitcoin Round Manager Training in Dec 2023.

Together with my co-founder Guil, we have personally hosted multiple IRL onboarding sessions teaching web3 newbies about Gitcoin, either as stand-alone meetups or as a session within larger Regens Unite events.

Our sessions have always started with a high-level introduction to QF, a introductory walkthrough of the Gitcoin platform, and discussion around the strategy for fundraising including campaigning and communications.

:point_right: Here I talk about how we started (link missing)

Threads about our Gitcoin onboarding events:

• Gitcoin Fundraising for Impact meetup in Berlin (link missing)

• Thread with onboarding event photos (link missing)

• Gitcoin activation session in Brussels (link missing)

Regens Unite is building a platform to bridge the gaps between the broad range of sectors working on regenerative climate solutions, connecting subject-matter expertise with web3 innovation through events and media. We started running Gitcoin onboarding events to introduce regenerative projects to the opportunities for fundraising in web3 with QF.

We’ve learned by doing, with Regens Unite participating in Gitcoin rounds as far back as GG14.

Some recent rounds:

GG21 Climate Solutions (link missing)
GG20 Climate Round (link missing)
GG19 Community & Education (link missing)
GG18 Community & Education (link missing)

Our experience running Gitcoin onboardings:

• This Citizens Round grant outlines my work experimenting with IRL Gitcoin onboarding sessions in Berlin: (link missing)
  • Guil’s experience running IRL Gitcoin activations in Brussels, Berlin, and Brazil is outlined in this Citizens Round grant: (link missing)

TEAM MEMBERS

Cori Schlicht (@corinnaschlicht on X)

I personally have a professional background in onboarding and communications, having implemented corporate onboardings for technical products and live demos & webinars at the last two web2 companies I worked for and working with web3 marketing communciations teams for the past 2 years.

Guil Maueler (@guil_is on X)

Guil is a creative director, designer and storyteller with a strong grasp of markdown and an eye for creating beautiful grants that showcase projects in their strongest light. We are a complementary team for content creation, and we have collaborated on every grant we submit via Gitcoin. We are very accustomed to working on decks and Google slides together, recording sessions and high quality videos.

SUGGESTED PROGRAM OUTLINE

October 14 - 18

• Optional session: need a wallet?

• Intro online session with Google slides deck:

• How QF works
    • What is Gitcoin
    • What are Gitcoin Rounds
    • What to expect: application, review process, marketing, payout
    • Examples of successful grants
    • How are grants evaluated
    • Understanding Checker
    • How to apply for GG22
      • content includes how to report bugs
  • Live (recorded) Demo of Grants Stack

• Application support office hours (2x)

• “Submit your grant with ease”: 1 Pager Tutorial about Markdown + short explainer video

Oct 21-23

• “How to market your Rounds”: recorded online meeting with 1-pager guide

Application support office hours (2x)

Thanks for your consideration!
Cori

Thank you for opening up my permissions. Resubmitting the RFP here with links:

GG22 Onboarding Program Proposal

I am Cori, co-founder of Regens Unite and grantee of previous Gitcoin rounds + Gitcoin Citizens rounds. I am also a graduate of the first Gitcoin Round Manager Training in Dec 2023.

Together with my co-founder Guil, we have personally hosted multiple IRL onboarding sessions teaching web3 newbies about Gitcoin, either as stand-alone meetups or as a session within larger Regens Unite events.

Our sessions have always started with a high-level introduction to QF, a introductory walkthrough of the Gitcoin platform, and discussion around the strategy for fundraising including campaigning and communications.

:point_right: Here I talk about how we started

Threads about our Gitcoin onboarding events:

Gitcoin Fundraising for Impact meetup in Berlin
Thread with onboarding event photos
Gitcoin activation session in Brussels

Regens Unite is building a platform to bridge the gaps between the broad range of sectors working on regenerative climate solutions, connecting subject-matter expertise with web3 innovation through events and media. We started running Gitcoin onboarding events to introduce regenerative projects to the opportunities for fundraising in web3 with QF.

We’ve learned by doing, with Regens Unite participating in Gitcoin rounds as far back as GG14.

Recent rounds we participated in:

GG21 Climate Solutions
GG20 Climate Round
GG19 Community & Education
GG18 Community & Education

Our experience running Gitcoin onboardings:

• This Citizens Round grant outlines my work experimenting with IRL Gitcoin onboarding sessions in Berlin.
  • Guil’s experience running IRL Gitcoin activations in Brussels, Berlin, and Brazil is outlined in this Citizens Round grant.

Team members:

Cori Schlicht

I personally have a professional background in onboarding and communications, having implemented corporate onboardings for technical products and live demos & webinars at the last two web2 companies I worked for and working with web3 marketing communciations teams for the past 2 years.

Guil Maueler

Guil is a creative director, designer and storyteller with a strong grasp of markdown and an eye for creating beautiful grants that showcase projects in their strongest light. We are a complementary team for content creation, and we have collaborated on every grant we submit via Gitcoin. We are very accustomed to working on decks and Google slides together, recording sessions and high quality videos.

Suggested Program Outline

October 14 - 18

• Optional session: need a wallet?

• Intro online session with Google slides deck:

• How QF works
    • What is Gitcoin
    • What are Gitcoin Rounds
    • What to expect: application, review process, marketing, payout
    • Examples of successful grants
    • How are grants evaluated
    • Understanding Checker
    • How to apply for GG22
      • content includes how to report bugs
  • Live (recorded) Demo of Grants Stack

• “Submit your grant with ease”: 1 Pager Tutorial about Markdown + short explainer video

Oct 21-23

• “How to market your Rounds”: recorded online meeting with 1-pager guide

Thanks for your consideration!
Cori

2 Likes

Overview

Let’s GROW DAO Onboarding Partners are equipped to provide comprehensive support and educational resources for Gitcoin’s Open Source Round grantees through high-quality, community-driven support and education.

Our focus is on simplifying the onboarding process while empowering grantees and builders to confidently navigate the Gitcoin platform, ensuring they understand how to apply, use tools effectively, and market their projects successfully.

Scope of Work

Area of Focus Responsible
How QF Works Karla Nwaeke, Monica Talan, Will T
How to Apply for GG22 Guru Vishwas
Application Assistance & Review Guru Vishwas, Utkarsh
Markdown Guru Vishwas, Will T
Using the Grants Stack / Live Demos Karla Nwaeke
Marketing Rounds Akasha Rose, Utkarsh
Bug Reporting Karla Nwaeke, Will T

Program Deliverables

Deliverable Type Description Optional
Google Slide Deck Create a comprehensive slide deck covering all essential topics for grantees. Spanish & French Translation
Live Demos Conduct live demonstrations of the Grants Stack, Checker, and marketing techniques. Spanish Live Demos & AMAs
Video Tutorials Produce recorded tutorials covering the onboarding process and use of Gitcoin tools. Spanish Subtitles or VoiceOver
Office Hours Provide regular office hours for one-on-one or small group support sessions to address specific grantee needs. English, Spanish & French Sessions

Action Items Integrated with Scope of Work and Deliverables

Action Item Description
Provide support through Gitcoin Discord and Telegram Engage grantees through communication channels like Discord and Telegram for Q&A and updates.
Explore additional communication channels Offer supplementary channels beyond those outlined by Gitcoin for enhanced communication and support.
Full Scope Grantee Support Ensure dedicated daily support to assist grantees and educate them on various tools and processes.
Holistic Support and Educational Program Develop a scalable system with video tutorials, live demos, and office hours to ensure round-the-clock support.

Let’s GROW Onboarding Partners for #GG22

Name Project Tentative Stewadship UTC Times Days of the Week Languages Gitcoin Rounds Gitcoin Product Suite
Akasha Rose Drivyx 01:00, 02:00 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Monday, Sunday English GG15, GG20, GG21 Grants Builder, Grants Explorer, Grants Manager
Guru Vishwas RegenBuild 06:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday English GG18, GG19, GG20, GG21 Grants Builder, Gitcoin Passport, Grants Explorer
Karla Nwaeke Borderless 09:00, 12:00 Thursday, Tuesday English GG21, GG19, GG20, GG18 Gitcoin Passport, Grants Explorer, Grants Builder
Monica Talan CryptoConexiĂłn 13:00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday English, Spanish GG18, GG19, GG20 Gitcoin Passport, Grants Builder
Utkarsh $EARTH 09:00, 10:00, 11:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday English GG15, GG16, GG17, GG18, GG19, GG20, GG21 Allo Protocol, Gitcoin Passport, Grants Builder, Grants Explorer, Grants Manager
Will T KFMEDIAâ„  14:00, 19:00, 20:00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday English GG18, GG19, GG20 Gitcoin Passport, Grants Explorer, Grants Builder

For Operational Support on the execution of the program Wasabi a grantee with participations in GR15 to GG21 Rounds, will be Driving the coordination of the program as Head of Operations of Let’s GROW DAO.

Funding Allocation

• $1,000 Let’s GROW DAO Donations Safe Stewarded by 20+ DAO Signers
  • $500 Per Contributor in the RFP
  • $500 for Buffer (if not used, RFP Contributors will decide how to allocate it)

Post-Mortem

Upon conclusion of the Program, we will provide a retrospective with feedback from the onboarding partners, and testimonials from the RFP managers.

By combining our diverse group of Onboarding Partners with actionable community engagement, we aim to provide Gitcoin and its grantees with a reliable, sustainable, and educational support structure.

Let’s GROW will help grantees not only succeed in the current round but also build long-term capacity for future projects.

4 Likes

Hey @KMLLC ! Great proposal, but I have a few questions. You have quite a number of onboarding partners listed here. How do you plan to split the 5k? Also, I notice that a few of your onboarding partners don’t have the minimum of 3 GG rounds as a requirement. In order to strengthen your proposal, I would recommend removing them!

LMK if you have any questions/concerns!

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly perform due diligence on our proposal. We have edited it addressing your questions. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help clarify.

2 Likes