[Proposal] Second Claim Window for $GTC

I saw a guy came up with such proposal to claim GTC with Ethereum address, the AGAINST vote is nearly 80% percent.
Those who did not claim GTC, have no saying on that, for they just can not vote at all.

3 Likes

Those who did not claim GTC, have no saying on that, for they just can not vote at all.

You can buy GTC from all the exchanges if you really want to vote, can’t you? There’s a few millions available :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes it’s necessary. We should support them. They deserve their token.

2 Likes

Now is an important time to set things off, with the community coming together it feels like a 2nd round for those aware and taking part in building this emerging network only makes it stronger.

3 Likes

no second claim,pls.
rule is rule.

1 Like

Objection.

Community needs active members.

2 Likes

Yes, even though I received the tokens, the official still sent me an email to ask me to claim it. Finally, they sent me an email every few days. They didn’t pay much attention to gtc.

It is recommended to use the previously donated Ethereum wallet address to receive the airdrop. These data, the information on the Merck tree of the previous airdrop, will not cause wrong sending

1 Like

I don’t think the second requirement is necessary. Mail has been notified many times, accounts that do not claim at the right time may be due to not paying attention to mail and in this day and age, not tracking your mail means that the account is a clone.

I think it’s enough to take care of the tenth one, because he didn’t have much

My question is how many times we have informed users about the claim timeline?
How long between first remind mail and second or third remind mail?

We are very concerned and like it, but we can’t log in to GITHUB, what can we do? This makes many people disappointed

1 Like

I think it is necessary to do these things. GITCOIN supporters are the most important. If people who cannot apply for airdrops for various reasons have a chance to get airdrops, then they will be loyal fans of GITCOIN. Everyone Contributions are indelible.

2 Likes

I am very happy. I got the GTC reward from gitcoin, but my friend was unable to get the reward because his account was suspended by github. He did not do anything illegal. The reply github gave him was that his github account was only used for Link to a third-party platform (gitcoin), so to suspend it, I think we must consider this issue.

2 Likes

" and the team didn’t want the liability of running it for more than 30 days"…

So, is there any way to know what “the team” that made the decision to impose a 30 day limit - was concerned about in terms of “liability”? I think that info would be of value, especially if another claim window were to open – because it will eventually need to close and if 30 days wasn’t long enough last time, we should know what liability exists should there be a clear interest in going beyond 30 days the next time around.

did you have a chance to take a look of this post?

1 Like

As a participant who is studying, my personal opinion is that at least a reminder email should be sent in advance, and a window should be opened to facilitate the participant to retrieve it. Or why can’t it be directly transferred to the participant’s wallet address?

Are there any number about the claimed ratio? The token distribution contract has over 17k transactions but how many addresses it was supposed to be distributed? Uniswap had 89% without having any deadline so it won’t go over that number even if we do the second round.

Just got a reply here https://twitter.com/matthewcarano/status/1412121119923093509 . 69% claim rate is already quite high so not sure if it’s worth doing another one.

I have seen a lot of “yes” “no” “maybe” responses here, which is great because it sparks conversation around what we might do moving forward or how we might remedy the situation for those people who feel that the claim window was unreasonably short. What I don’t see is anyone who is qualified or willing to lead the effort in creating the second distribution window…

If I’m mistaken please by all mean chime in here, but at this moment I don’t see this proposal having enough support to move to a snapshot vote. I want to avoid the situation where people are voting for something they don’t have the full details on.

If anyone is willing to put together a reasonable and well thought out proposal and lead the effort that would be required to organize this second claim window please speak up.

Just saying "Gitcoin should do this" is not a suitable response :man_shrugging:t3:

We are all Gitcoin now :smirk:, your voice matters, and your efforts count as much, if not more, then the Gitcoin Core Team !

That being said, I brought up this topic of discussion to get a better perspective on the situation but I have no intention of leading the effort to make it come to fruition. I don’t have the time and I don’t honestly see the ROI from investing time here that could be spent in other areas of Gitcoin that need support and guidance from the Stewards.

I would encourage people to look forward, not backwards and find a way to become part of one of the existing work-streams, start earning $GTC, and in no time at all you will make up for the $GTC you lost by missing the airdrop.

Lastly I think it’s important to keep in mind, an airdrop is a gift :gift: not an expectation. Gitcoin provides valuable services to the community of open-source developers and digital creatives, one that funds literally 100’s of projects quarterly.

We want to focus on that kind of impact, we won’t get it right “every time” but if we can strive to improve from our short-comings then we are on the right track :pray:t3:

6 Likes