Introducing Stewards Governance

Gitcoin Username: @makoto | Gitcoin
ETH Address: matoken.eth

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining

I am interested in participating in Gitcoin governance as a way to give back my experience as both grantee and grantor of various Ethereum based ecosystem program. I believe that I have a good understanding of what ecosystem support developers seek through my experience of participating in various hackathons and receiving grants and bounties.

Also as an ENS team member, I would like to take this opportunity to strengthen the relationship between Gitcoin and ENS.

At ENS we are considering ways to give some of ENS registration revenue back to the community and would like to increase our alliance and collaboration rather than re-inventing many things Gitcoin has already built.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills

• The organiser of London Ethereum Codeup since March 2016
  • Core dev team member of ENS since May 2018
  • In charge of running the ENS workshop for the last 4 years.
  • Co-founder of Kickback which has been used at various social events and hackathons including EthNY and EthLondon
  • The summoner of OrochiDAO, event sponsor as a DAO.
  • The co-organiser of Osaka Blockchain week in 2019
  • The recipient of various grants from Metacartel, MakerDAO, and Consensys
  • Have been both grantee and grantor of Gitcoin grants program
  • The various hackathon/bounty winners including EthGlobal, EtherPunk, Gitcoin hackathon
  • Dev Skills: Solidity, JavaScript, Ruby, Data analysis and visualisation(TheGrapher, Dune Wizard, Covalentist)
  • Experience building outside of Ethereum L1 (Flow, xDAI, Polygon-xDAI-BSC through Connext)
12 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @andytudhope
ETH Address: thebluebook.eth

I am not very interested in governance. I am very interested in responsibility. What public goods we should care about and what kinds of behaviour we should promote are both fascinating, open-ended questions. Maybe itā€™s not about finding answers, but rather engaging in productive p2p dialogues? I have some experience seeding such things and I am happy to play a role on this particular stage.

Credible neutrality is equally critical. It requires a unique mix of technical nous and a total lack of ego. The most reliable way I know towards both is service and I am honoured to be given the chance to practice that here.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I Have

Iā€™ve helped in some communities since before Ethereum, written some stuff over the years, designed and implemented a unique token curation system for DApps, worn some really colourful pants and generally helped share a good deal of rainbow unicorn love.

12 Likes

Gitcoin username: @adamstallard
Eth address: 0xdC0046B52e2E38AEe2271B6171ebb65cCD337518

My vision

I want working for the open internet to be a reality for more people. Funding public goods occupies more of my world-changing thoughts than anything else, and Gitcoin has been an inspiration to me.

How Iā€™d like to help

Iā€™d like to help integrate any innovations in sybil protection that come from BrightID into Gitcoin, and help steward our community toward greater decentralization, following some of the lessons learned in the past year from CLR.fund.

6 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @jordanlyall

ETH Address: jordanlyall.eth

Iā€™d like to participate in Gitcoin governance to support progressive decentralization, help fund public goods, and give back to the Ethereum ecosystem.

• Building products and communities on Ethereum for 4 years
  • Creator of the $MEME protocol and co-founder of Niftyā€™s
  • 2 years at ConsenSys building DeFi tools and services
  • I advise several web3 startups and DAOs
6 Likes

Gitcoin username: hello-shreyas

ETH address: 0x10D6d2e343281D388291A3e02f3293AaEdA67178

Statement of intention / values & reason for joining: I really resonate with Gitcoinā€™s goals. Public goods funding, among other things, attracted me to crypto. When I left a traditional job to work full-time in crypto, grants from MetaCartel and, later, Gitcoin helped me get started. Gitcoin helps people serve multiple protocols and communities - something people should have the ability to do. I know developers in India who now have financial freedom from completing Gitcoin bounties. I have participated in Gitcoin Kernel and gotten a lot of value from the community. Iā€™ve thought a lot about on-chain reputation and think Gitcoin can help people break out of the shackles of their social graph and financial situation. I hope to help Gitcoin achieve these goals as a delegate/steward.

What qualifications do you have: I founded Llama, which helps DAOs manage their treasury. I have helped DAOs with spending, asset allocation, and reporting. Governance and treasuries go hand in hand: what canā€™t be automated can be voted on by governance and funded by the treasury. I am leading Aave Grants DAO, which aims to empower a wider network of developers to grow the Aave ecosystem. I am working on a treasury diversification strategy with Uniswap. I lead an ecosystem development project for Ethereum Foundation in India.

Where can your involvement in other governance initiatives be found:

• Aave: leading Aave Grants DAO
  • Uniswap: building treasury strategy
  • Index: discussions on treasury management
  • Nexus Mutual: investment committee discussions
  • Gitcoin: discussions on handing Vitalikā€™s $500m donation
9 Likes

Gitcoin username: auryn-macmillan
ETH address: 0x8B405dBf2F30844B608b08DaD20447A6955A6C6E

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining:
I would like to become a steward for Gitcoin because its missions and values are closely aligned with mine and I deeply respect the positive impact that Gitcoin has had on the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I Have :
I have been part of the Ethereum space since genesis, have been working with and helping to build DAOs since 2016, am currently building DAO tools with Gnosis, and also building clr.fund in my spare time (a quadratic funding protocol that has been funded partially via Gitcoin grants).

I am a product manager, solidity dev, community builder, public speaker, and a dad :smiley:

ps: what a rock-star crew of folks have replied to this thread already!

6 Likes

Gitcoin username: anish-agnihotri

ETH address: anishagnihotri.eth

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining:
I was first introduced to Gitcoin by @ceresstation at Hack the North in 2018, and was a part of the first batch of Gitcoin Ambassadors. I firmly believe that creating digital public goods, and working in open-source are the easiest ways to introduce a Web2-native audience to Web3. Open economies, decentralized stewardship, and a future of work focused around collaboration will be essential, and Iā€™m excited to be a part of the journey in making it happen through Gitcoin.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:

• Researcher at Polychain Capital
  • Frequent Web3 Hacker (Discourse will only let me post 2 links, so my recent favourites: PartyBid, Comp.Vote)
3 Likes

Gitcoin Username: peth-yursick

ETH Address: peth.eth

Discord Handle (optional) peth.eth

I love Gitcoin & what it stands for. I think the space wouldnā€™t be where it is if it werenā€™t for Gitcoin; from hackathons to the grants, it brought us together in many ways on many occasions & helped us channel our energy into cool projects.
Owocki has done an amazing job setting the course & putting together great minds which are now doing an amazing job of further decentralizing Gitcoin - of which Iā€™d love to be a part of to help decentralize it even further and channel help into even more awesome public goods springing around :upside_down_face:

• Been around for a while & know my way around
  • I like to think Iā€™m good at recognizing scams
  • Deep into DAOs & decentralized governance in general
    • Almost lost it all in The DAO
  • Built an awesome community/decentralized organization (MetaGame) thatā€™s helping people find their way & launch careers in the DAO space.
  • Sometimes I write things that people like :man_shrugging:
5 Likes

I would very much like to throw my hat into the ring.

Gitcoin Username: androolloyd

Twitter Handle: androolloyd

ETH Address: androolloyd.eth

Discord Handle: androolloyd#4580

I love Gitcoin. Full Stop.

I have been an active community member, a hacker, a leaderboard junkie.

Hunter, bug fixer, and hired gun.

I was very fortunate to have been apart be apart of Gitcoinā€™s Core Development team throughout 2019 and 2020, one of the key take aways was a better understanding of how the Robot operates.

It let me see and experience first hand what can be done when you have a very passionate group of people cutting through the nonsense in an effort to improve the lives of so many people.

Itā€™s a thing of beauty.

I still communicate with many members of the team on a regular basis and have contributed however best I can to their endeavours.

Lately I have been helping ideate on some new UX flows for Sybill resistance.

I would be honoured to serve as a steward and be apart of the next phase of Gitcoinā€™s community as it actively moves itself towards decentralization.

• Am super passionate about aggressive decentralization of everything.

• Been building on Ethereum since 2016.

• PleasrDAO Founding Member (trying to fund the arts forever)

3 Likes

Gitcoin Username: Opolist

ETH Address: paller.eth

Discord Handle: JohnPaller#2670

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining: I am passionate about what Gitcoin has set out to do with respect to building better frameworks to funding public goods. My values are perfectly aligned with the larger goals of Gitcoin as Kevin and I have discussed since before Gitcoin was Gitcoin.

We need better systems to organize and deploy capital to important projects that align that capital with the outcomes that sustain both economic vibrancy and benevolence toward the populations we serve locally and globally.

My values comes out in my work which is about bridging between web2 and web3. With ETHDenver as the Worldā€™s largest Ethereum based hackathon event. Weā€™ve hosted 40,000+ people from 100+ countries for FREE as a means to include, educate, support and #BUIDL the decentralized future.

This year, we announced in partnership with Governor Jared Polisā€™ office the creation of the nationā€™s first community led owned Web3 technology sandbox; The ColoradoJam Incubator. With authority to test, pilot and experiment with web3 technology inside of the state infrastructure we aim to realize Colorado as the First Digital State as announced by Governor Polis at ETHDenver 2021.

And with Opolis, weā€™re bringing self-soveregin employment not only to those already working ethereally in DAOs and DeFi, but building a giant gateway for the next 1 million Ethereans to make the jump to the open internet.

• Founder & Executive Steward of ETHDenver
  • Founder & Executive Steward of Opolis & The Employment Commons
  • Co-Founder of the Colorado Jam Web3 Technology Sandbox in partnership with Colorado Gov Jared Polisā€™ office.
  • OG Member of the #ShillColorado flash mob
  • Co-creator of the industry #BUIDL meme (invented by Owocki, released into the Ether at ETHDenver 2018)
  • Economics, Tokenomics & Game Theory Slayer
  • Summoner of the term ā€œStewardā€ to the Ethereum ecosystem. :wink: :heart:
4 Likes

Gitcoin Username

GriffGreen

ETH Address:

griff.eth - 0x839395e20bbB182fa440d08F850E6c7A8f6F0780

Discord Handle

@griff3281

I live and breathe #blockchain4good and no one does it better than Gitcoin. I would be honored to be part the magic they are creating and help guide Gitcoin towards creating a world where public goods can be adequately valued.

Iā€™ve been a contributing member of the Ethereum community since 2015 & received a masters degree in Digital Currency in 2016.

As community manager for Slock.it and TheDAO, I helped form the community around TheDAO and led every angle of the crisis response effort following TheDAO Hack.

I co-founded the White Hat Group, which secured the at-risk funds (10% of the total supply of ETH) during TheDAO hack and one year later rescued $210 million dollars worth of crypto assets following the Parity Multisig Hack. I also audited Aragon and MakerDAO systems with the WHG.

In 2016, I co-founded Giveth, a donation platform similar to Gitcoin, we have 2 dapps: beta.giveth.io and giveth.io.

I co-founded DAppNode in early 2018 to ensure the p2p world has true hardware decentralization.

I co-founded the Commons Stack in 2019. The Commons Stack is the natural progression of Givethā€™s efforts to build the future of giving from a Token Engineering perspective with a goal of creating Public Good focused economies. Our first Commons, the Token Engineering Commons, is very close to launch.

I have contributed to dozens of other projects as well, most notably, iden3, Hermez, and brightID and continue to support all 3 in an advisory capacity.

I also lead 2 crypto focused burning man camps :wink: Look me up in 2022

15 Likes

Gitcoin username: @waffi1998 | Gitcoin
Eth address : 0x35EFa46f22e0fb34Cd8cb3DDF87149140D444b7c

I would like to participate in gitcoin governance because this is my first time in participating governanceā€¦ and i would like to learn and get first experience thru hereā€¦

And alsoā€¦ iā€™m very interested in Defiā€¦ and most of defi project birth thru gitcoin so i would like to provide my opinion thru gitcoin governance :slight_smile:

The first big problem that im very interested to solve is gitcoin donate abuserā€¦ ā€œThey donate thru gitcoin and created bunch of account to abuse airdrop distributionā€

I have a big dream for this gitcoin and i have a lot of idea to contribute this gitcoin ecosystemā€¦ and i hope gitcoin will become bigger than ever before

I am a IT technician that currently unemployed because of covid-19ā€¦ due to lack of demand here in my countryā€¦ But Iā€™m a techie person, i have a diploma in engineering in ITā€¦ I would like to learn coding as well to provide value for this gitcoin ecosystemā€¦ but im very ready to learn something new everydayā€¦ so i hope i am a great addition to this gitcoin governanceā€¦
Moving forward to see you soon!!

3 Likes

Gitcoin Username: niran
ETH Address: 0x02Eb89D2ff910989024e19673f8302a695bBD979
Discord Handle: Niran | Panvala#9353
Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining: Iā€™ve been a power of Gitcoin Grants since the early days, and I think Gitcoinā€™s mission to fund the open web is one of the most powerful things we can do with this technology. Some of the problems weā€™ll face on the way are tech problems like Sybil resistance, but lots of the problems will be social ones, like building and governing a community that can effectively move forward together. Iā€™m really excited to help pitch in wherever possible to make the Gitcoin vision a reality.
Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills: Iā€™ve worked as a software engineer in the Ethereum ecosystem since 2015, including security auditing work. Iā€™ve contributed to Augur and Gnosis, and I founded Panvala, which integrates with Gitcoin itself to provide additional donation matching for our communities.

7 Likes

gitcoin username : @austintgriffith

ETH address : austingriffith.eth

statement of intent :

Iā€™m focused on empowering builders to create products, prototypes, and tutorials on Ethereum.

web3 qualifications/skills :

Iā€™ve been interested in the UX/DX of Ethereum for a few years; experimenting with meta transactions, burner wallets, and building better tools/experiences.

Iā€™ve synthesized my learnings into :hammer_and_wrench: https://eth.build a tutorial of web3 fundamental concepts and a playground for building on web3.

I mentor developers on :european_castle: buidlguidl.com where we focus on building products, prototypes, and tutorials using :building_construction: scaffoldeth.io.

15 Likes

Gitcoin Username : @amy-jung

ETH Address : amyjung.eth

Statement of Intent :

Gitcoin has contributed enormous value to our community, setting the standard for open source principles, introducing quadratic funding, facilitating conversations around public goods, and connecting Ethereans through Kernel. With the brilliant crew above, I intend to support Gitcoin as a steward through the Meta-Governance and Progressive Decentralization tracks, applying my experience with MakerDAO and my skills in strategy, organizational design, and community development.

Web3 Qualifications/Skills :

Iā€™ve been involved in Ethereum for 4 years, heading Community Development at Maker, leading Design Operations at Consensys, contributing to crypto side projects, and running the UX Audits and UX Awards at Devcon.

11 Likes

Gitcoin Username: @cpstl

ETH Address: 0x88cCA876eEBB2A541ED87584F189319c3441Aca6

Statement of Intent:

To start, Iā€™ve always been very passionate about making open-source software sustainable and itā€™s been a constant research topic for me.

Over the past few years, Iā€™ve observed and appreciated many experiments attempting to get open source projects funded as well as directly working on processes to encourage open source contributors to get involved in various projects. Open-source created this beautifully optimistic model for public collaboration, however, over the past two decades or so, there has been a shift towards individual maintainers being depended on despite having millions of people use their code. It has become obvious that the platforms, roles, structures, and incentives need a revitalization. I believe Gitcoin will and is already having a massive impact in the revitalization of the open-source software industry and I want to continue to contribute to that mission.

In general, as a Delegate/Steward, Iā€™m interested in helping support the Meta-Governance and Progressive Decentralization initiatives. More specifically, I want to help architect the governance system from both the technical and process perspective (includes strategy around iterative decentralization), think deeply with others around incentive models, and overall contribute to the future of the digital public goods infrastructure.

Qualifications:

Iā€™ve been a contributor to the Ethereum ecosystem for a while now, previously helping with improving the project management processes of AllCoreDevs with the Ethereum Cat Herders, supporting the EIP governance process, technical audit coordination of EIPs, network upgrade coordination, advising Ethereum.org, and working on developer growth strategies.

Previously, I was the Decentralized Governance Architect at the Maker Foundation building out decentralized governance processes and kicking off the self-sustaining DAO initiative. I remain involved with MakerDAO on the governance core unit, as MIP Editor.

Currently, my role is the COO of Element Finance, where I focus on operations, governance architecture, token economics, and mechanism design. Iā€™m very focused on building projects that help bridge the TradFi industry with DeFi, allowing anyone to have open access to financial products with ease.

Outside of daily work, over the next few months, Iā€™m looking forward to mentoring the KERNEL Block 3 fellows!

Fun fact: Iā€™ve been passionate about Gitcoin for a long time and was one of the first Gitcoin ambassadors back in 2018! Additionally, I helped document all the features of Gitcoin ~2 years ago and held the first Gitcoin developerā€™s meetup in Toronto :smiley:

9 Likes

gitcoin username : @johncpalmer

ETH address : johnpalmer.eth

statement of intent :
Iā€™m focused on meta-governance and design decisions that help participants successfully fund projects aligned with their values. Separately, I care about making the grantee experience as smooth as possible to lower the barrier to beginning work on projects that benefit the Gitcoin and broader crypto ecosystem.

web3 qualifications/skills :
I previously founded a solidity dev tools startup funded by Y Combinator and Polychain. More recently, Iā€™ve helped both Y Combinator and the Uniswap Grants program with admissions and evaluation. Iā€™ve been a consultant for several other companies including Mirror and a16z Crypto, where Iā€™ve helped with high-level thinking about admissions, product, and design.

3 Likes

Gitcoin Username: mangorocoro
ETH Address: 0xc3fAb4228Ce462653DbF0BB3e4f3FDd81697FEc4
Iā€™m definitely interested in helping support and stay true to foundational ideological values that determine the direction of the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystemā€“particularly in the stewardship of how the development and cultivation of public goods can be a shining light amidst much noise. I believe it is important that there are voices that help remind us how to balance the ecosystem and lead by example between the mercenaries and missionaries. Decentralization transparency is a topic I care deeply about and speak often on criticallyā€“specifically from my roles at blockchain infrastructure service providers (stakefish [a PoS validator] and F2Pool [a PoW mining pool]). I believe that appropriate governance and decentralization are values that must always be upheld with good stewards.

I work on protocols and governance at stakefish I also manage grants as well. Iā€™ve had a wide breadth of experiences ranging from general development, infrastructure services (stakefish/F2Pool), cryptocurrency mining (BTC and DOGE in 2013), operations, DEX development (0x Protocol funded DEX), community work, DAO setup (HanDAO), NFT support and development (specifically in the Korean ecosystem), remittances (Philippines), and research (cryptography and distributed systems in grad school; wrote my thesis on the evolution of centralized to decentralized consensus mechanisms and the hybrid forms we see today).

Had my Tyler Durden moment in 2013 when I ragequit my law firm in 2013 after my firm defended HSBC in 2012 for drug cartel money laundering and terrorist financing . Was disgusted with the way the traditional financial system was run and serendipitously discovered Bitcoin as the solution to changing the financial system for the better in 2013.

4 Likes

Gitcoin username: martz :framed_picture:

ETH address: 0x224e69025A2f705C8f31EFB6694398f8Fd09ac5C

Statement of intention / values & reason for joining:

Gitcoinā€™s values are similar to my own, I am currently working on Web3 projects that I hope to learn from and connect together via initiatives like this

I want to gradually create universal Web3 learning/teaching resources

specifically lightweight interactive experiences and animations

My overall intention is to use my skills in design and animation, my network and my curiosity to develop a new practice for myself that is also focused outward on others.

What qualifications do you have: .

Iā€™ve worked in a wide variety of creative fields

Iā€™ve been involved in crypto since 2013

prev work: title sequences and motion for viceland, brand design at headspace - recently: uniswap art direction (freelance) design for prysm (freelance)

https://chrismartz.tv/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismartz/

Where can your involvement in other governance initiatives be found:

• Uniswap Grants - (usability grant for design + making community mechanisms)
  • FWB - early member

:v:

2 Likes

Gitcoin Username: Zak Cole
ETH Address: zakcole.eth
Discord Handle: zscole#4084

Statement of Intention:
My values are motivated by a vision of a decentralized space which dismantles traditional systems that have acted as gatekeepers to personal data, community economies, and public infrastructures. While these motivations are largely guided by an innate need to challenge the world around us, the intent is to promote the freedom of others and rebuild an open society in a way that reflects the spirit of the Web3 movement.

I believe that the best way we can shape this world is by putting our abilities to use and building systems that enable these values. Gitcoin is such a system, and one of the first of its kind, which makes it easy for like-minded people to join this movement in a productive manner.

I support Gitcoin because I believe it is a necessary public good that will assist in our efforts to radically challenge the systems of today in order to support the development of a decentralized world.

Like the systems we build, there is power in numbers.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I have:
I have worked in the Ethereum space since its inception. Throughout my tenure, Iā€™ve helped bootstrap numerous DAOs, decentralized protocols, companies, and organizations, including MolochDAO, Code423n4, Whiteblock, and Slingshot, my current company.

I have also acted as a core contributor within the Ethereum community in my capacity as a protocol engineer and developer. Iā€™ve been involved with Gitcoin since the beginning and have both contributed to grants and received them. I have also invested in several DeFi startups.

I look forward to working with all of you.

5 Likes