I truly don’t want to be critical, so please take these comments in the spirit they are intended, but does anyone else find the whole “GitCoin Disputes” mechanism seriously flawed?
I was reviewing a few of the disputes and I have a few comments:
- There are way too many for anyone to be able to spend time making informed decisions,
- Making an informed decision is almost totally impossible,
- There are no clear guidelines for decision making,
- I fear that by making a public comment in support of identifying a grant as malicious or illegitimate, I am opening myself to harassment from the grantee – especially given that I would have no confidence in my opinion – so I simply choose not to remark unless it’s a clear case of mistaken dispute – in other words, I can vouch.
- It’s not at all clear who makes the actual final decision or how,
Sorry if this has been covered or discussed elsewhere. If that’s the case, perhaps some kind soul would point me to such information.
Just thinking out loud and hoping to elicit discussion…