[Discussion] Avara Labs and Gitcoin

Gm, I have had so far very unpleasant experiences with Aave and formerly Lenster teams from Avara Labs. Which should not come as a surpise because I am being extraordinarily vocal on Social Media.

The founder of formerly Lenster questioned the connection between the Lens and Aave. So here is a new article from Techcrunch.

And a screenshot:

All I really want to know why Lens, being under the control of the same/similar teams is still applying and getting accepted as a grantee.

Full Twitter/X thread: https://x.com/pfedprog/status/1784184469357764777

1 Like

@Pfed-prog Wondering what are the sources for Hey/Lenster and Lens are the same entity?

1 Like

I have never said they were the same entity. Please re-read.

I do not understand why I should explain myself every single time I interact with Avara Labs and not the other way around. I have never had a pleasant experience with the ecosystem. Its always a straight ban or answer our questions and then ban.

My premise stays. Why wont Avara Labs just fund Lenster directly. If its for the marketing, absolutely, I am here to assist.

1 Like

All I really want to know why Lens, being under the control of the same/similar teams is still applying and getting accepted as a grantee.

I didn’t see Lens is there on the Grants Program :thinking:

The founder of formerly Lenster questioned the connection between the Lens and Aave.

Where did I question it?

Wait are you the guy that blocked me on X ?

2 Likes

Since you actually made it, What is you relationship to Lens and Lenster?

1 Like

Since you actually made it, What is you relationship to Lens and Lenster?

There is 0 relation between Lens and Lenster!!

Hey/Lenster is just a client app built on top of Lens. We have 0 rights to ban you on the protocol, and it’s not possible at all.

I didn’t work for Lens or Avara, I work for Hey and I’m the single founder.

Do you have any other questions?

My TG is yoginth

Lens has a grant program, dont you get paid through it

1 Like

Yes those are grants, not only Hey getting paid, lot of ecosystem apps get paid

Ok, thanks for the honesty. But your project is literally capturing the rounds funding and is probably the reason for the max cap. Do you intend to stop applying for the rounds in the future ?

1 Like

Why do we need to stop? Can you explain it? we are open source project, we need grants to be sustainable :bowing_man:

But lens is literally bringing a lot of revenue through your protocol / client and it does not benefit the whole ecosystem only Lens.

1 Like

How can the client aka Hey can be sustainable?

Do you have the data on your client revenue/transactions by any chance? That would help a lot.

I just do not think the answer is to eliminate chances of the other projects to become sustainable.

1 Like

We don’t have revenue from collects or super follows. Lens protocol takes 5% of it, but Hey, not; our main source is Grants.

1 Like

The dataset is public, you can check the Lens Bigquery datasets, I can’t post link, this forum is not allowing me, DM me on TG I can send.

1 Like

This is insane, for the amount of marketing and supposed grants funding.

2 Likes

We are not eliminating any projects in any way; Gitcoin doesn’t have any trending kind of algorithm to promote any projects; people come and search organically and fund the projects.

What is Insane here? I can explain you anything you want!

1 Like