September Product Memo

September Product Memo: Exciting Roadmap Updates and a Renewed Focus for Q4

As we gear up for the final stretch of Q3 and look ahead to Q4, I wanted to share some exciting updates and changes to our product roadmap. With just three weeks left in Q3 and a pivotal DevCon on the horizon, we’re honing in on our focus to ensure we’re delivering impactful solutions, leading innovation in our space, and of course capturing that all important GMV.

Here’s the game plan as we finish up September and transition into Q4:

1. Interim Indexer Solution & High-Priority Builds: We’ll continue pushing forward with our interim indexer solution to reduce errors and resolve missing data issues quickly until we implement the new indexer in Q4, and also finish up support for the SUNNYs customer build with Optimism. Additionally, we’ll address high-priority customer requests from Filecoin to ensure we’re meeting their needs effectively.

2. Revamping Checker with Allo Starter Kit: Our next major task is building with Allo Starter Kit by integrating the Checker experience into the user flow. This enhancement will streamline our offerings and provide a more cohesive experience for our users, while also letting us take ASK for a spin rebuilding a high value feature that we can maintain easily in future.

3. Rebuilding Direct Grants: We’re excited to announce that we’ll be revamping our Direct Grants mechanism. This upgrade will include significant improvements to payouts and introduce an impact metrics feature, addressing key areas for enhancement and ensuring we can build with ASK on one of our core mechanisms ahead of DevCon.

4. Introducing Multichain Checkout Bridging: For Gitcoin Grants 22, we’re prioritizing the development of a bridging solution for multichain checkout. This feature addresses the biggest pain point from GG21 and will provide a seamless experience for our users. I know this has been a long time customer feature request, so I’m very excited to ship it.

5. Mint Attestations – A Revenue and Engagement Opportunity: Given the market downturn, we’ve decided to make a strategic bet with Mint Attestations, allowing users to mint and share their donation during checkout for a small additional fee. This feature aims to create new revenue streams, bring some extra delight to the donation experience and reinforce Gitcoin’s position as a leading attestor in the open-source funding ecosystem. Passport is almost profitable with attestations so I’m excited to see how much revenue we can drive with this bet.

Our renewed focus reflects our commitment to delivering value and innovation. Each of these initiatives is designed to enhance our platform, future proof our technology, respond to customer needs, and position Gitcoin as a forward-thinking leader in our field.

I’m incredibly excited about what we’re building and the positive impact it will have. Let’s continue to channel our energy and passion into these efforts, and as always, thank you for your hard work and dedication. Together, we’re driving the future of open-source funding and capital allocation!

Onward and upward!

Kat, Head of Product at Gitcoin Grants Lab

2 Likes

hey @noahchonlee tagging you as we were just chatting re: multichain! you and @katalunia should connect :slight_smile:

2 Likes