Recent Gitcoin Grant 18

Well as a new user, and non English user- I made several mistakes at contributing at latest GG18. U guys might :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: hearing about it, however still it might be useful for other newbies who just entered at gitcoin world :slightly_smiling_face:
The first time I heard about gitcoin, its passport, the sybil score program, and grant contribution on May, 23 from a influencer on youtube.
However, was quite bz, and my wallet condition was light. I thought, lets join after few days. And, I forgot about it :sweat_smile:
Next, on early august, another influencer on tweeter posted about GG18, and I rushed to complete all tasks ASAP. I did manage to find projects I found worthy of contributing . However, I voted less than $1.00 per project :unamused:
Next, when I am clicking on Gitcoin on passport verification, its not verifying. and, I am checking what wrong had happened. I contributed on 1 grant, added more than $10, and used 1 round. So, what went wrong :woozy_face:
After a thorough look up, I found out that every contribution should be at least $1.00, and now I was feeling like a fool at my own activity. So, again I added all the projects to my cart, and added payment which will sum up to 1$ as total count. And, now again I felt like a big fool, as its not adding up as I thought. Every tx is different. So, even I contributed at least $1 or lil more, its gonna be counted as less than 1$.
And, its the last day of GG18, and I also wasted more than 25$ just not reading or watching system process carefully.
Well, eagerly waiting for the next grant round :blush:

1 Like

It’s also worth mentioning that any donations from GG18 will not be added to the GrantsStack Passport stamp right away. There is a note that mentions it may not be until the end of September. The stamps should also have a note saying that any donations require matching to be eligible for the stamp, and when checking out your cart should show the minimum amount required for matching. If you were able to pick some projects that you wanted to support, I would not consider it a β€œwaste”. Sorry for the confusion during the process.

1 Like