There is one thing that is clear to me after this budgeting season: The stewards, workstream leads, and other constituents, all believe that Grants 2.0 is of central import to GitcoinDAO.
Which leads me to think that facilitating the Grants 2.0 build out is maybe the most important thing we could do in S14.
This leads me too think that it would be worthwhile if there was a weekly thread on this governance forum that showed off the progress towards Grants 2.0. Such a thread could be similar to the weekly GitcoinDAO Digest Thread, but only focus on product progress for Grants 2.0. These weekly udpates would help
- create a drumbeat of progress for Grants 2.0
- facilitate sharing of information about the current course & speed of the product teams.
- build confidence in our speed in direction
- allow for course correction (if needed) early because progress would be shared on a weekly interval
My thinking is that a weekly thread with updates from the product managers of
- Proof of Personhood Passport
- Round Manager
- Grants Hub
- Anything else being built in Grants 2.0 world
would be worth while.
I think that weekly cadence is nice because its short enough that the feedback cycles can still be iterative. But it’d be long enough that progress can be expected WoW.
What do yall think? If there is consensus , then I’d be happy to kick off the first one for the week starting May 16th 2022.