I’m a new contributor on the product side coming from web2. I put together this pitch to solve a problem on the UX Testing side. Timing might not be perfect since the Moonshot Collective is actively trying to re-organize the product portfolio.
I’m hoping to get some feedback on this idea and learn potential pitfalls in my thinking and wireframes.
Crypto users are a subset of the total population. An even smaller subset are DAO contributors. An even smaller subset of that are DAO operators.
It takes a lot of work to find these DAO operators and test our prototypes the way they were built (read: rapidly).
Because it’s difficult to find DAO operators, the DAO ecosystem does not test as much of their product as it could*
*this statement has not been validated
Create a permissionless and possibly decentralized rapid testing platform for DAOs to more easily test their prototypes and designs.
- Primary User - DAO Operators
- Secondary User - DAO Contributors
- Increase the number of usability tests conducted by Moonshot Collective by x%
- Build a database of at least 200 DAO contributors and 20 DAO operators for future user interviews
- Step 1
- Build a decentralized ‘first click ux test’ platform and collect emails of DAO operators
- Step 2
- Add more types of usability tests and allow other DAO contributors to create their own tests
- Step 3a
- DAOs can fork uxtesting.party to create their own database of DAO ecosystem contributors
- Step 3b
- Continue building a decentralized user testing platform where a tester could see and aggregate of all UX tests they are qualified for based on their area of focus
The wireframes are for two paths:
- Creating a test
- Taking a test
- Word of mouth/Discord
- Expanding the platform to allow other DAOs to create their own tests
- Take percentage of each payout to a tester
- We could charge a yearly subscription fee to use the platform
- Scaled percentage - the more people taking the ux test, the less the creator pays per test. This wouldn’t generate as much revenue, but it would increase awareness as test creators would want more users completing tests.
- Are DAO contributors comfortable giving us an email address?
- Does this need to be decentralized when there is already usabilityhub.com?
- Does this live on-chain?
- Do these tests have an expiration date?
- What happens to the funds if they do have an expiration date?
- How would a user receive support?
- Who would they contact?
- Are we adding incentives where they aren’t needed?
- Is a ‘first click’ test useful to the Gitcoin DAO?
- How does this product fit into the Moonshot Collective product strategy?
- How do we make sure a single entity doesn’t drain the entire test fund?
- How does a test creator fund a UXtesting Party?
- What types of tokens should we allow?
- Get feedback from Gitcoin members
- Build the MVP
- Launch MVP
- Iterate on feedback and work on productizing uxtesting.party