Messari Governor DAO Profile Update for Gitcoin

gm Gitcoin!

My name is Joel and I’m a governance analyst at Messari. We’re happy to announce that we recently upgraded our DAO profiles on Governor!

Aside from the coverage of proposals (for free users), we now provide rich on-chain and off-chain analytics for Gitcoin for Pro & Enterprise users.

This includes:

• Delegate metrics: voting power breakdown, their voting power growth over time, and recent voting activity

• DAO community engagement metrics: lifetime voters and average voter participation rate

• Proposal metrics: lifetime author counts, counts of proposals in a given timeframe as well as average proposal pass rate

Any feedback is welcomed and we would be happy to chat about other services we can provide (ex: quarterly reports, governance analysis and overview).

Hoping the community finds these metrics valuable :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! This looks like a great tool for the community to use.

One thing I really like is the link to see the governance forum posts that are tied to different on-chain proposals.

A lot of interesting discussion takes place here and I feel like it’s often missed by the community or less active members of the DAO. With that being said, I think it’d be awesome to see this section displayed more prominently on the page for each proposal and maybe have a ‘preview’ or ‘TLDR’ of the related post.

Also having a forum section w/ recent posts listed on the DAO homepage would be awesome for directing community members here. Let me know what you think!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Kieran!

Agreed that a lot of interesting discussions happen on the forums, especially Gitcoin’s forum. The Governor team does our best to provide a TLDR summary for each proposal. The goal is generally less than 300 words.

The reason we don’t cover all the recent forum posts is because our scope is to only track governance discussions/proposals that will go to an off-chain or on-chain vote.

However, we have an aggregated view of all Gitcoin proposals that you can see here.

4 Likes

I know I am a bit late to the party, but I have LOVED seeing the updates to the Gitcoin Portfolio on Messari. A huge thank you! The token details, the DAO details, it has replaced a couple other websites I have used to pull disparate info in the past.

3 Likes

Great to see the :heart: with Gitcoin community.

I love the aggregated view of all proposals, thanks for the efforts!

2 Likes