Introducing Stewards Governance

Gitcoin Username: ccerv1

ETH Address: 0x5a5D9aB7b1bD978F80909503EBb828879daCa9C3 (cerv1.eth)

Discord Handle: cerv1#9695

Statement of Intention: Gitcoin is to web3 what Florence is to the Renaissance ā€¦ Itā€™s a place where people from all spheres of life come to exchange funding, ideas, creations!

As a steward, I intend to focus on the following priorities for the DAO:

• Financial sustainability. I care about extending the DAOā€™s runway and finding greater utility for $GTC. I will pay close attention to finances and budget proposals particularly during the bear market. I am keen to find some additional revenue models for the DAO and its people, taking sell pressure off $GTC.
  • Further decentralization. I am deeply inspired by the work done so far to decentralize and turn all of Gitcoinā€™s once-centralized functions over to the community. I intend to engage closely on proposals that turn core Gitcoin functions (like grant eligibility reviews, trust scoring, Sybil defense, etc) into tools for the community to use and compose with.
  • People. Gitcoin is what it is because of the incredible people it attracts and combines. I would like to see proposals that contribute to the DAO having a deep liquidity of exceptional people, both at ā€œentryā€ levels and in core functions for each workstream.

What Web3 Qualifications/Skills I have:

• I have firsthand operational experience with a range of organizational models - startups, nonprofits, cooperatives, traditional businesses, and DAOs of course. Iā€™ve had firsthand DAO governance experience with DreamDAO for over a year.
  • Iā€™m a repeat founder and comfortable both at the 0-1 and growth/scaling stages. Iā€™m also on the Board of several organizations, so Iā€™m familiar with making executive decisions without knowing all the details.
  • Iā€™ve been a trusted contributor with FDD since July. I helped get the DeSci Round off the ground for GR15. Iā€™ve advised a number of grantees during past rounds. I am a pretty reliable Gitcoin shill on Twitter!
  • Iā€™m deeply committed to social impact, worked with various NGOs, lived abroad for a decade, and helped mobilize millions of $$ for public goods in a non-web3 context.
  • Iā€™m pretty savvy with data and wonā€™t hesitate to do some onchain graph analysis or dataviz when duty calls.
15 Likes

Gitcoin username: llllvvuu

ETH Address: 0xCac66811f65DeF7F6EdEc327AF877Bb6ccaE4984

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining:
I am deeply interested in markets and market failure. Mutually beneficial trades require a give-and-take of information and commitment. If there are too many parties, parties are distant, or parties are unable to make credible commitments in a fair game/sequence, this process fails.

Web2 closed the distance between us (or did it?), and now Web3 has the opportunity to build further upon this while empowering un-powerful people to make credible commitments, even in large groups.

I admire Gitcoin as a leader in applying these ideas to reality, to problems that really exist and matter.

As Gitcoin prepares to release its protocol to the broader world (Grants 2.0), its successful adoption and ability to shoulder more weight hinges upon the test of reproducible credibility. I believe that this deeply game-y challenge requires not just visionaries but sound technical and quantitative perspective. In this capacity I would be thrilled to serve in governance.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I have:

• Protocol Design in several DeFi projects
  • Software Engineering at successful/exited startups in solar, voice interfaces, and autonomous vehicles
  • Academic and industry experience in AI/ML, finance, and math
  • Gaming and trading
  • Local nonprofit leadership - leading volunteering, fundraising, web development, etc
6 Likes

Welcome @llllvvuu!
Great to have you here and I agree web3 has the ability to amazing things.

Letā€™s create this together.
Please find our onboarding plan and to get you caught up to speed, drop me a message and I will be happy to get you on your way as an active and involved steward.

Gitcoin username: jamesjohnbeck

ETH Address: jamesbeck.eth

My first interaction with the idea that would become Gitcoin DAO was in 2017. I had recently joined ConsenSysā€™ marketing team and we were hosting @owocki for a Q&A on what he wanted Gitcoin to solve, and how marketing could support the early platform. New to the culture of OSS, I failed to imagine it any different than a Fiverr for open-source code contributions.

But since then, Gitcoin itself has expanded upon three distinct and important vectors for web3: (1) By transitioning from solely a holding company to new, if cloudy, world of DAOs; (2) by testing out new funding and voting methods which are useful as political experiments even outside of the world of crypto; and finally (3) creating a protocol (soon :tm:) that even other DAOs can use to better allocate funding.

I was invited this past August by @owocki to become a steward and like @Viriya, wanted to get to know the community more before taking on the responsibility. Iā€™m feeling up to the challenge, especially given how grand the mission is. I see so much potential in the way that Gitcoin is approaching the idea of DAOs: communities that can form over the internet and transparently fund public goods.

Iā€™ve been reviewing the funding proposals for S16, and also spending more time familiarizing myself with the discord channels (though I prefer the way in which I can get such a good sense of the community by attending a schelling point). Iā€™m looking forward to sharing more of my ideas for the DAO in the coming seasons.

Qualifications /skills

Iā€™m Director of Content and Communications at ConsenSys, where Iā€™ve been for the last five years. I manage our social, content marketing, and PR teams. I like to think our wordsmiths have helped to educate and onboard millions to web3 ā€“ through MetaMask and other dapps built using our developer tools, Infura and Truffle. We champion the communities, artists, developers, and positive outcomes that decentralized networks already enable. ConsenSys is also taking decisive steps to decentralize its own products and services (check out MetaMask Grants and our intent to launch a decentralized infrastructure network with Infura). We have a new policy to encourage more DAO participation outside of ConsenSys (think Googleā€™s 80/20 rule).

I contribute to DAOs in the cultural spaces of crypto as well as DAOs working on novel climate solutions. I can support Gitcoin in matters related to public policy and perception, comms, content marketing, and creative briefs. Iā€™m a passionate educator and intent on sharing the successes of Gitcoin with many more people. Prior to diving down the web3 rabbit-hole I worked in public affairs in China (if you see me at a conference, ask me for my take on politburo intrigue, just not if there is loud music playing).

6 Likes

Hi @JamesB
And welcome to Gitcoin! We are glad to have you aboard and I really like how you called out specifially how you can help. I am sure your post might be interesting to @CoachJonathan @kyle @Viriya and even @Jodi_GitcoinDAO

To make the best use of your time and to help you get up to speed quickly, below is our onboarding plan. Please take steps 1 and 2 and I can help you get integrated and on your way.

4 Likes

Gitcoin Username: dabit3

ETH Address: 0xB2Ebc9b3a788aFB1E942eD65B59E9E49A1eE500D

Discord Handle nader#1506

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
Iā€™m interested in being a part of the Gitcoin Stewardship program and governance processes because I believe in the mission, values, and founders of Gitcoin, and am inspired by their track record of being a force for good that overlaps substantially with my work as a developer creating free educational material, open source software, and public goods.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
Iā€™ve been a software developer for over 10 years, over 7 years of which have had a large focus on creating free and accessibly educational materials. Iā€™ve created web3 developer resources that have been viewed millions of times across various protocols. Iā€™ve been a part of growing Developer DAO and helping onboard countless developers into real, often high-paying jobs in the blockchain and web3 space.

5 Likes

Gitcoin username: GClayMiller
ETH Address: 0xD1B5Ad78E657f3390ae0dE4a3305367d5a9220CF
Discord Handle: G Clay#0309
Twitter Handle: @G_Clay_Miller

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining

I am a life-long progressive organizer at heart who has lived in seven different cities within the last six yearsā€”and taken extreme care to embed myself in each community that I have been a part of. Among my friend groups I am often referred to as the one who ā€œknows everybodyā€ and is ā€œalways organizing.ā€ This reputation has come easily to me because of my genuine passion for meeting new people and organizing the communities I belong to.

My life has been lived at the intersection of technology and policy. As the son of two retired Associated Press foreign correspondents, I was born while my parents worked in Africa at the time of the Rwandan genocide. Later I spent several years growing up on the Korean peninsula, where the North did, and still does, systematically oppress the political rights of its citizens. We later moved to Washington DC, where my mother was one of the first journalists to use Twitter as she covered the war in Iraq. From an early age, I have been aware of the necessity of community organizing and civic engagement for improving human lives. My career has alternated between political activism and entrepreneurship in web3. Gitcoinā€™s mission of funding public goods by solving coordination problems within communities is something I would wake up inspired byā€”and dedicated to work on every day.

As a Steward I plan to focus on supporting the following:

Communities & Public Goods Funding: My primary goal for participating with Gitcoin is to ensure that disadvantaged and minority communities have the tools & resources they need to fund the issues most important to them. The path toward a decentralized grants protocol makes me optimistic that Gitcoin can empower those that need it most. I hope to be involved and learn from the PGF & Grants workstreams.

People & Progressive Decentralization: People are what power communitiesā€”and I love meeting new people! There have been many Gitcoin contributors who have welcomed me with open arms, and I wanted to be a friendly and supportive face for future members. I hope to find new ways for prospective members to contribute and reduce friction for those who want to support our missionā€”while recruiting link minded individuals to join our journey!

DAO/Meta Governance: As mentioned, I am a community organizer, policy-nerd, and news junkieā€”among other things. I hope to apply my two degrees in political science & administration toward mechanism design and learn from Gitcoinā€™s impressive roster of DAO-governance experts.

My passions described above have prompted my success at Penroseā€”a web3 advisory firmā€”where I have been a Partner and Head of Community. Penrose is a web3 advisory firm that has been operating for four years and has served some of the top organizations in our industry, including but not limited to: Algorand, NEAR, Oasis, 3iQ, XBTO, Netki, Knox Custody, the Government of Bermuda, the Government of Canadaā€”and numerous top-tier law firms, banks, and consultancies. My work also gave me the opportunity to research and participate in several DAOs.

In April 2022 I appeared on the Blockchain.com podcast to share educational content on DAOs and my experience as a Contributor at HODL-PAC, a fundraising community using Gitcoinā€™s quadratic funding mechanism to amplify grassroots donations to pro-crypto candidates for the US Congress. Most recently I founded a web3 co-working and community hub called ThursDAO that uses DAO methodologies to coordinate our workspace and events. Now I have been ā€˜Green-Pilledā€™ and am eager to expand into the field of impact DAOs at the most respected organization in the space: Gitcoin.

Prior to Penrose, I had been a political operative for Elizabeth Warrenā€™s presidential campaign; a founder and Director of Digital Marketing for a non-profit focused on registering minority voters; the Founder of the LSE Remote Mobilization Unit for Joe Biden; and the Activist Director for my local Florida partyā€™s Environmental Caucus. I accomplished all of the aforementioned activities (and began working at Penrose) while simultaneously applying for, and completing my Masterā€™s of Science in Public Policy & Administration at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). My journey down the web3 rabbit hole began long before grad school, having worked professionally in the space since 2016 where I was an early employee at Canadaā€™s largest ICO consultancy: MLG Blockchain.

Related Skills:
*Team Leadership
*Project Management
*Operations & Organization
*Community Organizing & Growth
*Digital Strategy & Marketing
*Strategic Communications
*Open-Mindedness & Tolerance

4 Likes

Gitcoin username: Heph789

ETH Address: 0xACB837A57025BB355B8a82826164Fd47C6d0c573

Iā€™m a college student who is deeply curious about web3, as well as about distributed/democratic governance as a whole. I believe web3 has incredible potential to further our ability to coordinate in better ways. I believe in stakeholder decision-making, meaning that communities should have input and power over institutions that impact them, but I also think that formulating the mechanism for this type of decision-making is nontrivial (aka, one-person one-vote is often not optimal). I believe Gitcoin as a community deeply cares about these issues, and for a while I have participated and learned from this community. I want to be able to contribute more in this community in helping Gitcoin to fulfill its mission, but also by helping GitcoinDAO act as an example for how web3 can enable better collective decision making. Iā€™ve enjoyed thinking about this kind of stuff in the abstract, and I think becoming a Gitcoin Steward would allow me to learn by getting my hands dirty.

• Experimented in the web3 space and followed it on and off since 2019.
  • Tried out some early development in solidity and contributed to the Prysm Eth2 validator client (in golang).
  • Actively writing my thoughts about the space. Currently working on a piece on DAOs and their utility
1 Like

Gitcoin Username: @farque65

Eth Address: fahim.eth (0xEC0a73Cc9b682695959611727dA874aFd8440C21)

Discord Handle: Fahim | Gitcoin#3186

Statement of Intention:

My life modo is ā€œAlways Learning and Always Buildingā€. I am a Software Engineer at Gitcoin. I work on Gitcoin Passport at the GPC workstream. The reason I build is to give individuals control over their data and control over their money. The great value that decentralized protocols bring to people around the world is something I realized after seeing the power of Ethereum, Uniswap and self custodial wallets.

I am a believer of the power of open protocols in web3. This leads me to believe in power of public goods in web3, which leads me to be a great believer of GitcoinDAO. After my experience with the Grants 2.0 protocol and the future of Gitcoin Passport I see a bright future for GitcoinDAO. I want to help get the public goods being developed by GitcoinDAO to the next billion users who are not in web3 or even CT. The long term thinking and steadfast austerity measures employed by GitcoinDAO in this bear market really makes me believe there is high potential for the GitcoinDAO to fundamentally impact sybil resistance and decentralize funding not just in web3 but the world. This is why I want to help as a GitcoinDAO Steward and help other stewards in their goals to further the essential intents of GitcoinDAO.

Web3 Qualifications / Skills:

I started my journey at Gitcoin with the Moonshot Collective in August '21 as one of the first members. It all started for me with a twitter dm to Owoki. Shortly thereafter, I joined the Moonshot Collective and I met Austin Griffith. I started as a Software Engineer on several Moonshot Collective projects. My first project was Tip.party where I had the opportunity to shape one of the first moonshots and become a part of the rag tag community of builders. As my skills in development grew and I got more involved with ops at Moonshot Collective my roles at the team grew. On the development side I expanded to the backend and expanded to more parts of Scaffold-eth. On the ops side I took on onboarding tasks to guide new Moonshot Collective members. Once the Greatestlarp started I participated as a Software Engineer helping on a massive cross functional team where we coordinated with designers, story tellers, marketing and comic book illustrators. Then I worked on nounsmas.wtf a great collaboration effort between Gitcoin and Nouns in GR12. Then I momentarily worked on a project to show open projects in the Moonshot Collective Github with the first issues board. Following that I got the great opportunity to join the GPC workstream to be part of the team that started Gitcoin Passport. It was my honour to learn, grow and bring my Software Engineering abilities along with my web3 experience to Passport. I have also contributed as a software engineer on the GTC Staking app which was a great effort by GPC and the Moonshot Collective to experiment on staking during GR15. Working on the Passport team I have had the opportunity to work with great individuals examining the great problem of sybil resistance. Gitcoin Passport is the key and it has been an honour to be a core dev on the team.

I am someone who has lived in the space of web3 starting from watching Youtube videos to learning how to develop dapps from Nader Dabit, Austin Griffith, then joining a rag tag group of builders called the Moonshot Collective. Now I am a Core Dev on one of the great sybil resistance tools of web3 today. How I can contribute to GitcoinDAO as a steward is by helping find solutions and discussing the problems concerning sybil resistance and what kinds of public goods we care about. These are problems that are near to me. My development knowledge, view of the future of web3 and passion for decentralization empowers me to help Steward GitcoinDAO to empower communities to fund their shared needs. WAGMI!

5 Likes

Hey James - just catching up on forum posts today!

Wondering if youā€™d be open to connecting for a 1-1? My discord handle is Viriya#3410

Please let me know!

1 Like

**Gitcoin Username: @j-pepper **
ETH address: juliapepper.eth

Statement of Intent
Iā€™m interested in taking a more active role in governance because I want to advocate for Gitcoin to take a stronger stance in reaching out to more diverse groups of builders and developers as the protocols continue to scale, as well as build more relationships with grassroots civic and mutual aid organizations in communities around the world. Ensuring that our public goods infrastructure and our strategy as an organization remains aligned with serving the communities who need it most, as well as helping facilitate feedback and accountability from the community as we continue to responsibly evolve into a protocols future, are key parts of my governance philosophy.

Qualifications: Since June, I have been a product marketing contributor in the MMM workstream helping conduct research and other tasks advising our go to market strategy for the protocols, with a particular focus on grants protocol. By directly talking to many of the founders and ecosystems we hope to serve with these protocols, I have context into many of the groups that would be impacted by our governance decisions around new products, and would bring those perspectives into public discussions.

Iā€™ve also contributed to Forefront and Dream DAO in the past as a media contributor and partnerships / governance contributor, respectively. This has given me exposure to working with the amazing creatives, writers, and theorists web3 aims to empower with new funding and ownership tools, as well as working to onboard young people onto web3. Working directly with many of the different communities web3 serves has given me a sense of responsibility to ensuring that Gitcoinā€™s protocols remain transparent and accessible, and that a diversity of perspectives are included in their development and the evolution of our products and services as an organization.

Other experience:

• Kernel (KB7)
  • Currently a university student studying platform governance, privacy, design, and global media flows, among other issues, as part of my course
7 Likes

Name: Nick Gitcoin: @drnicka ENS: drnick.eth Twitter: @drnicka

I am a committed DAO practitioner with a history of governance and scientific research and I am keen to support the gitcoin ecosystem as much as possible with the experience earned from my learning journey so far.

I want to see a freer DAO driven future with permissionless decentralised governance as a base layer public good. I believe that DAOs will revolutionise our governance practices, root and branch, starting here and leading to systemic reform in the real world.

My intention is to advance my DAO stewardship practice beyond my own projects to those that I deeply care about and want to see succeed. I am very keen to support the Anti-Fraud and Collusion Detection stream in particular, which I see as an important step towards robust and capture resistant decentralised governance systems.

I have built (as a DAO) a suite of production ready DAO tools, which I aim to progress towards a permissionless DAO launching protocol.

10 years of physics, experimental science and data science expertise.

10 years of academic senior management, policy and governance experience at the institutional level.

Advanced knowledge and practice in cryptoeconomic mechanisms for decentralised finance, governance and sybil resistance.

Summary

I am new to the Gitcoin ecosystem in terms of direct participation, but have been a fan since the beginning and would be delighted to be considered for Gitcoin stewardship and believe that I can bring a helpful skill set support the Gitcoin mission.

7 Likes

Gitcoin username: 0x_sam

ETH address: saideira.eth

Discord handle: @SamD#4085

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining: Iā€™m a true believer in the better future that Web3 can enable. As a lifelong student of political science and economics, I see great potential for Web3 to completely change how we coordinate and distribute value. As a full-time contributor to Ceramic, with its mission to create a more open and vibrant web, I find that Gitcoinā€™s values align strongly with my own personal and professional values. Much of my recent work at Ceramic has been focused on creating systems in the Ceramic ecosystem to more effectively support ecosystem growth & development. In building our grants program & scoping other public goods funding mechanisms, Iā€™ve seen Web3ā€™s need for sybil-resistance firsthand and I believe that Gitcoin (along with Gitcoin Passport) will play an integral role in empowering a sybil-resistant future for all open-source communities. Joining Gitcoin as a Steward means I will be able to directly participate in shaping the strategy at Gitcoin - which I see as an incredible opportunity to help one of the foremost pioneers in the Web3 space that we all so dearly love.

Personally, Iā€™m most excited to help drive the workstreams of Public Goods Funding, Progressive Decentralization, and Meta Governance as my experience in scaling Ceramic has been all about organizing groups of people and driving towards better outcomes at scale in a distributed environment.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I Have: In addition to leading the operations & finance functions at Ceramic/3Box Labs for the past year, Iā€™ve been an active angel investor and power user of crypto-related products & protocols over the last three cycles. This has earned me a lot of hands-on experience from working in the trenches in the various communities (across DeFi, Web3 Social, Infrastructure, & Gaming) that I helped to build. Iā€™ve been an active participant in the governance processes across Telegram, Discord, Snapshot, and Discourse at Optimism, BadgerDAO, LobsterDAO, Sushi, Osmosis, Juno, and Cosmos. At Ceramic, Iā€™ve been a committed generalist, gaining experience in everything from running hackathons to driving partnerships to spinning up our grants program. Iā€™ve been heavily involved in Web3 governance having written Ceramicā€™s governance litepaper and have a deep hunger to learn & experiment with new forms of governance and other coordination mechanisms that are only possible in a Web3-enabled world.

Thank you for your consideration in having me as a steward.

Cheers,
Sam

6 Likes

Nice to see you here Dr. Nick!

1 Like

Gitcoin username: mothwoman

ETH Address: 0x67DBE3fb2B76E564eBdf860b5011a283E9Ae6698

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for joining:

I started working and participating in web3 because I believe that with this technology, we can create new pathways for economic growth that arenā€™t zero-sum. We are rebuilding financial infrastructure, and opening up new opportunities for coordination among large groups of people.

I believe strongly that the best technology doesnā€™t always win; the best marketed technology does. We have to effectively tell the story of web3 products, protocols and opportunities in order to grow their impact.

I have been watching Gitcoin grow for a long time, and am a huge fan of the work thatā€™s being done. I would love to help tell the Gitcoin story and make sure that the right pieces are in place to capture that attention and interest, and turn it into more active contribution and participation.

Before web3, I worked in financial tech. I went down the web3 / crypto rabbit hole in 2016 after seeing firsthand how broken financial infrastructure and systems were.

In 2017 I joined ConsenSys as the second member of the marketing organization there. For two years I focused on educating the world about Ethereum. I built a team of writers, video producers, and social media managers; together we worked with SMEs from across ConsenSys to produce educational content in many different formats. We touched all content from ConsenSys.

I also worked with every project incubated by ConsenSys - including Gitcoin, MetaMask, Infura, Truffle, and many more.

I eventually worked across the marketing organization, helping teams coordinate with each other and developing campaigns to continue telling the story of Ethereum and the apps and use cases that were being built on it.

Currently I manage a marketing firm at Serotonin, where we advise and market projects like Polygon, Decentraland, Osmosis, BitDAO, FileCoin, and many more. I get to work with founders & marketers across the industry.

Iā€™d love to bring my deep marketing experience and broad view of industry trends to Gitcoin.

Very excited about everything Gitcoin is doing and only hope I can contribute!

4 Likes

Gitcoin username: myceliumcoordinator

ETH Address: 0xe336F400aa1EBFaEb264eCac427Ee9671d567744

I found out about Gitcoinā€™s potential from seeing Vitalik Buterinā€™s blog posts about Gitcoin. I think Quadratic Funding is really powerful, and as a member of a handful of communities, I see the need for it in many places.

For the past year-ish, Iā€™ve been spending a handful of hours at work reading through the Gitcoin governance forums, website, and other resources to try and understand what has been going on with Gitcoin. DAO governance seems really exciting to me to be involved in, and I think I can help Gitcoin, thatā€™s why Iā€™d like to be considered for Stewardship.

Before crypto, I have been a designer and a software engineer. Iā€™ve worked in a handful of agencies and also for a couple of startups. I have enough money to invest here and there too, so you can also think of me as a capital allocator.

In web3, Iā€™ve played with ENS, Rabbithole, Gitcoin, Gnosis Safe, and a few other tools. Iā€™m a voracious consumer of information about tokens and I also hold some GTC.

Lately Iā€™ve been getting involved in Gitcoin governance. You can see my comments here: Profile - myceliumcoordinator - Gitcoin Governance. My take is that Gitcoin has a lot of potential, but itā€™s struggling to realize it at this point. I am cautiously optimistic about Gitcoin, but I think itā€™s going to get itā€™s protocols to market adoption to reach that potential.

2 Likes

Welcome to a flood of brand new Gitcoin Stewards!
@dabit3 @GClayMiller @chaselb @farque65 @j-pepper @drnicka @0x_sam @ebransom and @myceliumcoordinator
We are glad to have you are here and I hope you take this as an opportunity to dive into Gitcoin.
Below is our onboarding plan which will give you a great starting point. Please do take steps 1 and 2 right away and I can help you get started.

https://www.notion.so/gitcoin/Gitcoin-Steward-Onboarding-Checklist-f967d8d83e0a47aeb8a61564112233eb

5 Likes

Gitcoin username: alexdw5

ETH Address: 0x0B1f9e300e6E4B4C25cC73C53C8AA700e552f99F

I have been a GitcoinDAO contributor in MMM since August, and before that worked with Gitcoin contributors to implement Sobol, a role management and accountability DAO tool, in the DAO.

I want to join because I want to see Gitcoin continue to grow, decentralize, and thrive! I am throwing my hat in the ring bc I want to vote on Snapshot proposals as well!

Iā€™ve been trading crypto since 2015, and working in Web3 since May 2020. I run the Gitcoin Digest, GitcoinDAOā€™s weekly publication, broadcasting everything that is happening in the Gitcoin community to 170k subscribers.

Previously, I lead community and content at Sobol. Before that, I worked as a UX copywriter, content lead, and growth strategy consultant to Web3, SaaS, and Inc5000 companies.

4 Likes
  • Gitcoin Username
    @kylejensen

• ETH Address
    kylejensen.eth

• Discord Handle
    kylejensen#0420

• Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining
    I have spent the last ~4 months of my time at Gitcoin sitting in on CSDO and Monthly Stewards calls absorbing their knowledge about the DAO and the direction we hope to go. I have seen first hand the immense impact Gitcoin Stewards have not only on the DAO, but also on the wider web3 community as a whole. The work that stewards do helps align the DAO on our mission and essential intents in a vastly changing environment, and I hope to contribute my learnings, observations, and insights back to the DAO through Stewardship. As an already active participant, I believe itā€™s time I not only absorb the exchanges and share those through DAO-wide transparency initiatives but also engage in those conversations and contribute my thoughts through discussions and governance voting.

• Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
    Strategic planning, business development, software engineering, project management, technical & business consultation. Previously writing & coordinating ecosystem rounds with MMM, currently scribing and Discord management with DAO Ops.

7 Likes

Gitcoin user name: @JR-OKX

ETH Address: 0x59170d55bba35af1f1f9c3d6b1f678fbb68a760e

Statement of Intention/ Your Value & Reasons for Joining:
Having lived and breathed blockchain for the past decade, I deeply believe what can withstand all the ups and downs are product innovation and an impact-driven community. Gitcoin has both, thanks to the mission-aligned hard work of everyone in this community.

I have been on both sides of the table, as I participated in blockchain as an investor for most of the time, but I was also fortunate to participate in the building of OKX in its early days. In 2019, I remember I was surprised to find out one protocol I talked to raised some money from community members- not investors- through a platform called ā€œGitcoin.ā€ That was when GR1 happened. Over the years, seeing how Gitcoin has become the ā€œsupport hubā€ for countless projects to flourish is extremely empowering. With OKX partnering up with Gitcoin, I am glad this has come to a full circle, and now we are part of this concerted effort to support open-source developers. Much of this synergy comes from the appreciation of shared values and inspiration of this close-knitted community.

Thatā€™s why I am very excited to participate as a Gitcoin steward moving forward. My goal here is to listen to and engage with different voices, bring people and resources together, and further strengthen Gitcoin governance with a diverse perspective as an investor, advisor, mentor, and operator of Web3 and crypto projects. OKX will also work closely with Gitcoin to provide activities and resources like Grants Rounds, Hackathons, and bounties.

Looking forward to all the fun and engaging conversations!

Web3 Qualifications/skills:

• Been around for a long time & seen ups and downs in cycles

• Head of investment at OKX, advising dozens of protocols and startup founders

• CEO at OKLink, leading the multi-crypto blockchain explorer to expand to thousands of users

• Active contributor and advisor at 8DAO

• Passionate about education; Adjunct Lecturer at The University of Hong Kong on Crypto Industry

12 Likes