Gitcoin Username: shawn16400
ETH Address: 0xAE6Ef687e55ccd6EC96d2BF6E67FA51819193AFD
Discord Handle: shawn16400#5507
Twitter: @shawnlgrubb
Find below my intention to become a Gitcoin Steward
Statement of Intention:
I believe web3 and DAOs are these generations best chance at changing the world. When I compare traditional business with Web3, it’s clear to me that the advantages of web3 are different than traditional business (efficiency, first mover, price, quality, scale, etc.). Web3 can replace parts of traditional business, but we have to play the game differently. Web3 has the ability to activate passionate contributors who are united in purpose, it can source talent from a global resource pool, and it can build on the shared successes of peers and competitors as we eliminate zero-sum competition. That is where DAOs can thrive.
It’s not going to be all bunny rabbits, butterflies and sunshine. There are some really hard challenges in front of us an chief among those challenges is NOT letting ourselves fall into old habits. There are some solid business tools that we can use in the DAO, but I argue here that we have to use those models judiciously. If we keep doing what we did, we will keep getting what we got. And ain’t nobody got time for that.
My principles for web3 are best summarize as the following:
Hats off to rabbithole.gg for the starting point. When I vote, I follow the principles above.
Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:
I come to web3 from traditional business background in project/program/portfolio management in supply chain and IT, but spent my last few years in general management. I was introduced to the blockchain in 2015 in traditional business, but we pulled the plug on that project when the “public” part became clear. I was started trading crypto in 2017, and mostly bailed out before the market crash in 2018. In 2020 jumped back into crypto as a technical analyst and swing trader. After a year of trading full time, I got bored of charts, momentum, and divergence and started to go deep on token fundamentals and that is when the DAO model really caught my attention. I joined the Index Coop as a contributor 2021 and in early 2022 I was leading Governance Communications and I picked up responsibility for the Human Capital and Culture Pod as well. I rant/write about DAO thing here and mostly post boomer-memes and governance-themes here.
And, I have a keen interest in harnessing the scary power of metagovernance. Treasury diversification paired with metagovernace can be interesting driver for the web3 ethos.
