Introducing Stewards Governance

Gitcoin username : @publu | Gitcoin
ETH Address : 0xa475aF18A0D5f3De67a498d91dAb86F6ecCbf843

Statement of Intent : Iā€™m interested in becoming a Gitcoin Steward because I want to support decentralized public goods and help steer Gitcoin as it decentralizes

Qualifications : I have worked in the crypto space for the past 4 years. I have worked in dozens of web3 projects. I was previously at marketing in gridplus at Consensys and I am currently maintaning a stablecoin protocol on 0xPolygon. I am passionate about onboarding new users to the crypto space and hosted many events in Dallas while in university. Now I help host fireside chats to onboard new users into 0xPolygon

1 Like

Username: SkyFarm
ETH Address: 0x0f7A2839B1ee86a4A539166EAC356d2A02aBb6AF
Statement of Intention: Iā€™d like to remain anonymous (sorry! op-sec is hard to maintain, but I hope the community will come to value me), but Iā€™m already helping organize the Moonshot Collective, the Discord server, and plan on helping make Gitcoin much more welcoming and open to the larger community as a whole.
Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills: Scott and Austin can speak to this, but Iā€™ve been in crypto for almost 5 years now. Iā€™m a founder, community builder, well networked, and extremely good at making systems more efficient and helping scale projects. Iā€™ve been involved with some of the biggest crypto projects of 2021 and have brought in multiple developers to the Gitcoin ecosystem.

I will be a productive and valuable member of the community and hope that being anonymous is understandable.

1 Like

Gitcoin Username
AlexKYao

ETH Address:
alexyao.eth

Discord Handle
A13X#7018

Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining

My values have been developed in my work and entrepreneurial journey building educational, community-based products in the education, blockchain, and wellness industry. I deeply believe in designing better systems to create a more equitable world.

After going through Gitcoinā€™s Kernel Fellowship Block 3, I have grown even more optimistic about the direction of the industry as a whole. Iā€™m certain that Gitcoin is one of the places that people will be looking at first to find the infinite players looking to build long-term in the space. As a steward Iā€™d like to support Gitcoin in building and growing a healthy community.

My focus is on the long-term success of the crypto ecosystem through education, community building, and onboarding non-crypto natives to crypto protocols. Iā€™m a community builder and entrepreneur, and Iā€™ve always been excited about sharing resources about the latest frontier technologies and educating others. My expertise is in building community-based products, marketing, and education.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:

• I started my explorations and learning in crypto while I was at Blockchain at Berkeley in 2015, I have focused on education in the crypto space.
  • In 2021, I jumped in full-time to work in the crypto industry, I previously worked at The Graph and Hashflow helping grow their communities.
  • I recently completed the Kernel Fellowship Block 3 and started RenaissanceDAO, a decentralized collective of content creators building the future of the web through creator patronage, with a group of 11 people, most of them are other Gitcoin Kernel Fellows. Weā€™ve recently grown to 25+ creators with a total reach of 1+ million people across all social media platforms.
  • Iā€™m a Kernel Community Steward for KB4.
  • My focus at the moment is community building, crypto education, and onboarding people from web2 into web3.
4 Likes

Username: wizardjuanz
ETH Address: 0xB922a0a797026D5C45145503E1976989B05Cf307
Discord Handle - zero#648
Statement of Intention: Hello I have been involved in crypto for a number of years and want to further align myself with the projects I support and my own values. I believe that distributed ledger technology has the ability to create a more inclusive economic system with institutional transparency and improved efficiency with regards to resource management. I support GItcoinā€™s efforts to build web3 applications through the use of quadradic funding in an open source environment. Discussions around what constitutes the public good and how to address the tragedy of the commons in web3 are incredibly productive and essential. Crypto is currently in an interesting place and the next few years will determine the long term direction of what we will refer to as web3. I want to work to support the civic use of DLT so that we all might collectively benefit from its ability to transfer value in a trustless environment.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills: I have participated in a number of different communities since 2017 as a community member. I have seen more projects fail than succeed. Those with the most vibrant communities with high levels of participation are the ones that seem to maintain long term success. Iā€™d like to help a DAO, aligned with my values, grow their community and strategize on the future direction of the project. I am excited to be a useful member of the Gitcoin community and hope to become a trusted resource. I hope that my enthusiasm and motivation make up for any lack of experience. I too am learning along the way and hope to gain more experience through participating in this great community.

1 Like

rly liked ur renaissanceDAO pitch

Gitcoin username: @annikalewis

ETH address: wombat.eth (full address: 0x894Aa5F1E45454677A8560ddE3B45Cb5C427Ef92)

Statement of Intention / My Values & Reason for Joining: Iā€™m interested in participating in Gitcoin Governance because Iā€™ve seen the power of Open Source in Web2 firsthand through my involvement with the analytics/data infrastructure companies Iā€™m invested in. I want to be a part of creating/improving upon that ecosystem in Web3. Iā€™m in whole-hearted alignment with the vision of building & funding the open web, and hope to play a role in creating financial freedom for humans in the process.

What Web3 Qualifications / Skills I Have : I bring an investor lens to Web3, but not your typical hands-off-investor-who-doesnā€™t-want-to-get-their-hands-dirty. Iā€™ve begun getting involved in a more hands-on way in several communities in the crypto world, and Iā€™m actively writing about crypto. The skills I have that are most relevant to the steward role come from my Web2 experience: as a VC, Iā€™m very engaged in governance / board involvement with multiple private companies, and Iā€™d love to play a role in shaping the uncharted territory of DAO governance.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Gitcoin Username: yungskum

ETH Address: 0xaeE1470033a6396169a4d87d68ADC3717d705671

I am a senior computer science undergraduate, web 3.0 technical education intern, and open source enthusiast. I was researching OpenLaw for a presentation when I discovered Boardroom and the Decentralized Governance Hackathon occurring. I understood this as a great opportunity to work with these products.

Like many of you, learning about crypto and the web 3.0 movement has opened up an incredibly innovative space to explore, and I have been learning more about this ecosystem and the decentralized protocol space as a whole ever since. Growing up with the internet, I am excited to learn and to contribute to the innovations being developed on the new stack. Some of my technical knowledge/skills include: OOP, computer networks, analysis of algorithms, and cryptography.

Gitcoin has a special place in my heart as one of the first dApps I found very valuable for my education and technical development. My goal is to provide meaningful support to the web 3.0 ecosystem.

Thank you for your consideration!

4 Likes

Hi @a-jwc,

I hope you are doing well! Thanks for showing up your interest around GitcoinDAO!

I would be interested to discuss with you since I am looking for a Data Scientist to contribute with us.

@omnianalytics?

Gitcoin Username
Cali93

ETH Address: 0xC9a238405ef9D753D55EC1EB8F7A7b17B8d83E63
ENS: huxwell.eth

Discord Handle
Huxwell | Cali #2172

Iā€™m very interested in supporting open source projects in a sustainable way, and I think the decentralization of Gitcoin opens the door to many new possibilities for collaboration, such as co-creation and thus co-ownership of projects :

• where people are rewarded for their added value
  • where a share of the profits flows back into public goods by supporting other projects with similar values/missions
  • and where everyone has a say (e.g. voting on features, priorities, etc.)

I have 4 years of professional experience in software engineering and my hobbies are primarily around learning web3, security, devops/infrastructure and sharing knowledge.

My side projects were primarily focused on education and Iā€™m currently working on a project to decentralize Gitcoin quests.

I became an active Gitcoin DAO contributor in early September 2021, joining :

• The FDD Workstream, I worked on improving the Notion by creating templates that can be used by other workstreams as well as migrating the current knowledge base to a Gitbook space.
  • I joined the Moonshot Collective, and contributed to Quadratic Diplomacy to implement gasless voting and also helped improve the Notion and the onboarding workflow.

Skills:

• Product : Interaction design, Figma, Excalidraw, Lucid Chart, Miro, Agile/Scrum, Jira, Trello, ZenHub
  • Front-end : HTML, CSS/SASS/JSS, JS, TS, React, NextJS, emotion & styled-components, State management libraries, Apollo
  • Back-end : NodeJS, NoSQL/SQL, REST APIs, GraphQL, Serverless Framework, NestJS, TypeORM, Sequelize, Mongoose, PostgreSQL
  • Web 3 : Hardhat, Web3.js, Ceramic, IDX, Solidity, ipfs-js, Web3.storage, NFT.storage, Chainlink & Subgraph development basics
  • DevOps : AWS EC2/Lambda/S3/RDS, GCP, Terraform, GitLab CI, Docker
9 Likes

Username: amazingang
ETH Address: 0x3317AD9eDa6942b5a7BE5BA83346C0Ea82C3C26C
Discord Handle - 0xAA#2040
Statement of Intention: Hello I am a Ph.D. student in computational neuroscience in PKU and a web3 developer. I value the building of web3 infrastructure and want to help it through Gitcoin DAO. I participated in building the Gitcoin China, including participating in weekly AMA held by Bob Jiang, introducing Grants and Bounties to community members in WeChat, and shilling GitcoinDAO in social media (I have 20k followers in WeiBo). I am willing to be a part of Moonshot Collectives and build more utilities for GitcoinDAO and Web3. I want to become steward that would represent interest of GTC holders in China.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills: I lead the tech branch of the blockchain association in PKU and won the wxblockchain hackathon in 2021. I can write python, solidity (smart contract), and html/css/js. Also, I am familiar with machine learning, including reinforcement learning and deep learning.

6 Likes

Username: RAZGA

ETH Address: 0xb62E762Af637b49Eb4870BCe8fE21bffF189e495

Discord Handle: ZER8šŸ§ #9093

Statement of Intention: My name is Popescu Razvan Matei and I am a telecomm/electronics engineer and creative builder from Romania, although in the last few years I kinda became a decentralized citizen. I became an engineer to try to build systems that can help the world not the other way around and I really think that web3 is the future and the collaborative economy has arrived through it. I guess that the transition to Gitcoin DAO is just a natural step for every creative engineer :smiley:

A must watch video: The Third Industrial Revolution: A Radical New Sharing Economy - YouTube

My short and inspirational web3 story:
Joined 1Hive in 2020, contributed a lot as a creative/builder and from marketing, support and onboarding standpoint. I had the public goods ā€œcliqueā€ because of 1Hive.
My efforts in 1Hive and the TEC were noticed by one of the Gitcoin Stewards and he later invited me to join Gitcoinā€™s FDD Grant Review Squad in August 2021. I knew about, donated and contributed to Gitcoin since 2020, even created a grant for my local artist community, but Iā€™ve never thought that I could have the chance to actually contribute to Gitcoin DAO itself and in the web3 frenzy between(2020-2022) it never crossed my mind.

Now, after a year in Gitcoin DAO I can honestly say I am very happy to be part of this amazing environment in which all the people involved have such an amazing growth oriented, inclusive mindset and regen mindset. Becoming a Gitcoin Steward is a natural step I would like to take!

Technical: Engineering approach in everything I do. I focus more on being on top of the technology trends rather than a specific tool or software. Matlab, GUIs, Canoe, Testing.

Management: Lead small teams remote and in field for three (under 50 employees) companies. I like to add a creative twist when leading small teams. Design thinking advocate with a focus on decentralized operations for the past 2 years.

Marketing: Experience in community building and inclusive growth marketing/hacking, social media marketing and memetics. Skilled in product marketing. Decent writer: HOW TO AGAVE 1: STAKING. A lending protocol created in aā€¦ | by ZER8 | AgaveFinance | Medium )

Creative: I love painting, designing and focus on conscious fashion in my spare time. Experienced in Illustrator, GIMP, aesthetics, fashion and creative direction. I love GUI and am always on top of the latest creative trends.

I joined the regen space in early 2020 and contributed to 1Hive, TEC, UMA, SuperUMAns, Agave and a couple of other smaller DAOs.
DAOs in which I am an active contributor:

-Gitcoin
-1Hive
Launched the NFBees

Mission/Objectives: My personal goals are to ensure that creatives, builders and all people can actually use these new tools to improve life and help create a better present+ future for everyone. The third industrial revolution is here and we need to ensure that everybody at least has equal access to the next evolution of the web(equal opportunity is still far away) all while trying to preserve itā€™s security and values!

My work in the the FDD and Gitcoin DAO in the past year:

Present lead of GIA, FDD. In GR12, GR13 I was the Grant Eligibility lead and in GR14 I became the GIA initiative lead.

• Lead the team that reviewed, approved and helped ensure credible neutrality in the grants program for the past 3 rounds (GR12, GR13, GR14)
  • Since GR11 I helped save over 300k$ in matching funds due to the grants investigated and over 1m $ total along with the GIA team( @David_Dyor being my co-detective)
  • Operated and resolved appeals/disputes and everything related to grant eligibility along with Gops and FDD
  • Co-organized Memepalooza VII (Kudos @Fred and MMM)
  • Spreading the word about Gitcoin daily :slight_smile:
  • Enforcing credible neutrality in the Gitcoin Grants program

Got the airdrop, joined the DAO, but I didnā€™t get the vibe in the beginning. Thanks to @David_Dyor for opening my eyes wrt to Gitcoin! Thanks to @DisruptionJoe for being an amazing leader and mentor for the FDD :robot:

8 Likes

Hey all. - So excited to be here now that I have left my role at Gitcoin Holdings

• Gitcoin Username: kweiss

• ETH Address: kbw.eth

• Discord Handle (optional): kbw#1246

• Statement of Intention / Your Values & Reasons for Joining:
    Gitcoin has been my passion for over the last year+. I have loved pushing and extending public goods funding, being part of our DAO launch, and seeing the workstreams take shape. I would love to be a steward to continue this trend of engagement and mentorship when that is requested of me. I am already working in the DAO Ops workstream and am very excited to be partnered with the community in achieving our mission.

• Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills:
    I have help spin Gitcoin our of ConsenSys, capitalize the core team, launch the DAO, and now requesting to be a steward in the community as well. Fun fact, I wrote some of the prysmatic labs docs prior to beacon chain launch, and have been plugged into FWB, BanklessDAO, Index and other communities in my spare time.

I would love to move closer to governance, and participate in more of our discussions in the coming weeks and months.

7 Likes

Gitcoin Username DisruptionJoe

ETH Address disruptionjoe.eth

Discord Handle DisruptionJoe | Gitcoin #6464

Statement of Intention

I did not sign up as a Steward from the start because I was on the Gitcoin Holdings team when the token was launched. I was the first person to leave the core team to work exclusively on the DAO and be paid only by the DAO.

After 2 full seasons leading the Fraud Detection & Defense workstream, we now have the FDD-OS v1.0 which has a purpose of removing the workstream lead role from existing. During season 13 I will still maintain a veto right over our new source council. My intention is to let go completely before Season 15.

During the next couple of seasons, I will be participating and paid like any other FDD Source Council member. As we move towards my removal, I will use veto power and authority sparingly. I intend to equip the workstream with a clear essential intent aligning them with the rest of Gitcoin. I intend to leave them with good processes and cadence for synchronizing behind their process and knowing when to change the process itself.

When I am no longer the FDD workstream lead, I intend to remain a source council member for at least a couple more seasons. I intend to lead a few squads which can grow into their own workstreams. I also intend to participate across the DAO in other workstreams with some of the time I will have freed from the FDD responsibilities.

This is my why:

Web 3 Qualification/Skills

Founder of Chicago Blockchain Project meetup in 2017. Founder of Voice of Blockchain conference in 2018. Coached/Consulted/Advised over 100 blockchain based startups.

Hired by Gitcoin in September 2020 for Growth Marketing. Directed Grants operations during rounds 8, 9, and 10. First GH employee to leave the company and work for the DAO full time.

DAOs
GitcoinDAO - FullTime
PadawanDAO - Jedi Advisor
MetaCartel - Inactive Member
FWB - Inactive Member
Meta Gamma Delta - Inactive Member

12 Likes

+vouch great guy with an incredible breadth of experience

3 Likes

A great guy, daily I learn from him and his leadership skills.

2 Likes

Hello!

Gitcoin Username: Fishbiscuit
ETH Address: 0x0CF30daf2Fb962Ed1d5D19C97F5f6651F3b691c1
ENS: fishbiscuit.eth
Discord handle: QZ#6600

Statement of Intent: I believe we do not have enough Public Goods which has led us down a path of increasing centralisation of our internet (what I consider a collective space). DAOs got me started on Web3 - reading Colonyā€™s whitepaper piqued my curiosity, and Colonyā€™s Gitcoin bounty was my first contribution back in 2018. GitcoinDAO is the perfect amalgamation of the Web3 values that I would like to see and it has been a great pleasure and honour of mine being a part of the DAOā€™s workstreams.
Being a Steward would be a great way for me to serve GitcoinDAO in a greater capacity.

Web3 Qualifications:

Research work:

Work at Tribe:

• creating and delivering material on blockchain education
  • ecosystem building for Singapore on blockchain
  • blockchain accelerator program planning and design
  • growing student communities with blockchain clubs

DAO work:

• writing for Bankless (1, 2, 3)
  • ScribeDAO (1, 2, and many more)
  • DreamDAO - Notion, workshops, being a Champion
  • Rabbithole Pathfinder on Content

GitcoinDAO work:

• built out GitcoinDAOā€™s notion
  • first memepalooza
  • Public Goods workstream coordination for the public library, twitter spaces, onboarding contributors, and ops
7 Likes

Gitcoin Username: sidcode
ETH Address: 0xd0ef3a2Ae7Fb496C0897400f1be46693B6183B0a
ENS: sidcode.eth
Discord handle: sidcode#1729

Statement of Intent: The open request for public goods got me started with DAOs, and especially GitcoinDAO. I have been helping contribute to open source software since 2014.

I intend to understand the health, wealth, and truth of our commons which I shared about at length in CommonsWTH- a talk I gave at the Governauts Rewards Research initiative. I love studying public goods through multiple aspects of society - technology, economics, culture, and policy. To that end, I have been contributing to various initiatives such as-

• GitcoinDAO (Public Goods workstream as a librarian, organizing community, building coordination tools at MMM (Memes, Merch, Marketing) and Moonshot Collective.
  • KERNEL Steward involved in the mutualistic co-evolution of KERNEL with GitcoinDAO to build communities of care,
  • Token Engineering Commons (via the Governauts Rewards Research program till Feb 2022),
  • Complexity Weekend (a community of practice to facilitate applied complexity projects. This is where I learned about the Commons Stack in the first place and became a part of the Trusted Seed),
  • https://1729.com community contributor to build a network state,
  • Helping steward DWeb nodes and local communities in Singapore to design techforgood, such as https://better.sg

I helped moderate a session with Griff Green in our GitcoinDAO Public Library call as well as helped facilitate a twitter spaces call with him (with the help of Alisha, Lani, and others).

As a Steward, I intend to understand the needs of other stewards via the Stewards council and build better tools and processes to improve the DAO.

GitcoinDAO work:

• coordinating tech projects as an MMM lead with Brittney and Fred.
  • helped build https://primer.gitcoindao.com to make DAO onboarding easier.
  • helped build our memeshot: https://memes.party and co-facilitating Memepalooza 1-6.
  • Initiated partnerships with Karma to improve our steward health reporting.
  • Public Goods workstream contributor where I help find speakers for the weekly Public Library calls, ā€˜Public Goods are Goodā€™ twitter spaces.
  • helping Gitcoin Grants teams from FDD in GR12 and GR13 with Sybil hunting
  • contributing to the inaugral DAO Workers Report w/ Gitcoin and Bankless via the Moonshot Collective.

More details: https://sidcode.github.io
Thank you for reading this!

8 Likes

Full support for the recent steward requests. Bring them in!

Sidcode
Fishbiscuit
Disruption Joe
Kyle
Zer8
Huxwell

The Dao is a better place because these folks care. I support their candidacy to be a Gitcoin Dao Steward. Thanks for all your efforts folks.

3 Likes

Gitcoin Username: dschlabach

ETH Address: schlabach.eth

Iā€™m excited about Gitcoinā€™s mission of advancing public goods and supporting open source software. Part of the reason I was able to start contributing to Llama is thanks to funding from Gitcoin. In the past, I was active in the independent maker space; one of the problems that people faced was a lack of financial support to help them realize their ideas. Gitcoin can help change this dynamic and give people the opportunity to build innovative new public goods.

Iā€™d like to become a Gitcoin Steward so I can help advance Gitcoinā€™s mission through productive use of the treasury. Prior to becoming involved in crypto, I worked at a university endowment and helped manage large pools of capital. With proper management, Gitcoinā€™s treasury is a valuable asset that can be used to grow the public goods ecosystem.

Your Web3 Qualifications / Skills
Iā€™ve been contributing to Llama since May 2021 and have been Community Lead there since December 2021. While at Llama, Iā€™ve worked on several projects with partner DAOs, including Gitcoinā€™s $15 million Treasury Diversification. Llama has worked with Aave, Uniswap, Gitcoin, FWB, and other notable communities. I also wrote Easy DeFi, a weekly blog that used simple language to help beginners learn about crypto and DeFi.

4 Likes

Statement of Intention

Iā€™m most interested in the opportunity Gitcoin has to scale new methods for funding public goods. I think blockchain-based quadratic funding has the potential to change the way we allocate resources to goods we all benefit from (on and offline).

I also care about bringing additional mission-aligned people into the community.

Qualifications / Skills

I bring over ten years of economic development, housing, and management experience to my role in Gitcoin. So far in my career, Iā€™ve supported teams and projects in planning for the future based on the resources available today.

I began my web3 journey 2+ years ago as a Ethereum Foundation DevCon Scholar. Through that program I developed a deeper understanding of the technology, and a strong appreciation for its potential to change the way we work and support communities.

I joined the Operations workstream in February as a lead, and Iā€™m excited for the opportunity to help build the team to be responsive to the needs of the DAO, while remaining decentralized in approach.

User Name: Jodi_GitcoinDAO

Eth address: 0x43a70AB0D5Beb7C09f974630FBC56E601F28aA32

7 Likes