Introducing Public Good Africa to Gitcoin

Gm Gitcoin community, meet Public Good Africa - PGA!

It’s Grant season, we will be brief; we promise🤞🏾

Overview

We are excited to announce PGA to this lovely community. PGA is a deliberate effort to ignite a new era of public good in Africa. We are creating a mechanism where funding, collaboration and impact converge to enable web3 to meet one of its noblest potential - empowering Africa!

Specification

We are building in two folds :man_construction_worker:t5::building_construction:

• A platform to aggregate impact across Africa and integrate Gitcoin technologies to run QF rounds. This will enable anyone to discover impacts across the continent easily. It’s also a great way of connecting these impacts to various Public Good Funding opportunities.

• A coordination mechanism(community, education etc) to raise Africa’s collective consciousness about the power of Public Goods and Public Goods Funding in fostering innovation, impact and creating positive externalities.

Exciting Update :newspaper:

• We have been seeded with 5k USD from Owocki to run a QF round for Public Goods in Africa. This will be the first of its kind. We are extremely grateful, thank you @owocki
  • We have been communicating with @jon-spark-eco since the launch of PGA, who has been an absolute public great in guiding us through a series of important steps.
  • We have synced with the Quadratic Avengers :saluting_face::saluting_face:

We are excited for the future of Public Goods in Africa and the world.

And, that’s it, back to impacting.:wink:

Next steps

:white_check_mark:Run Pilot QF round alongside GG19
:white_check_mark: Check out our X
:white_check_mark: Check out telegram
:white_check_mark: Subscribe to PGA newsletter(upcoming)
:white_check_mark: More details of PGA activities to be shared soon.

6 Likes

I am excited to have you in the community. I couldn’t agree more with this vision:

Through my work at the Solar Foundation I have learned just how powerful the crypto tools we are all building are for people in Africa. Borderless money, defi tools for the unbanked, DiD, and new funding mechanisms are just a few tools that can empower people and fund their vision. The potential for these tools to coordinate capital and impact across the African continent is extraordinary. I look forward to supporting PGA in this round and into the future.

4 Likes

gm @web3.eth saw your note on the other thread and wanted to tag you here—the work PGA is doing sounds aligned with yours.

4 Likes

Great. I will be closely following the progress of this for us to measure the impact of activating founders building on the continent.

2 Likes

This is a great initiative! If you guys want to highlight this at GreenPill Nigeria’s first annual Impact Summit we would love to showcase you there. December 9th.

3 Likes

Very excited to have Public Goods Africa on board and running a QF round using grants stack! I’ll be supporting your round and I’m keen to check out all the projects that will be featured :saluting_face:

2 Likes

We will be happy to do this together. Just let me know the next steps.

2 Likes

Awesome. happy to partake. Here’s the PGA telegram for easy coordination Telegram: Contact @publicgoodAfrica. drop details in the Meet up/Event channel(Topic)

1 Like

relentless as usual @thinkDecade

2 Likes

This is awesome and happy to help drive this impactful initiative in any we can.

2 Likes

This is a much needed initiative to support a lot of the projects across Africa.

3 Likes

Very excited to have Public Goods Africa on board and running a QF round using grants stack! I’ll be supporting this round and I’m keen to check out all the projects that will be featured

3 Likes

let’s go. thank you for your support

1 Like