How should I change my delegations? [Q2 2022]

FWIW i put forward my criteria for how ill be updating my delegations here in the OP.

To further update that & extend my thinking:

I’m primarily focused on seeing Grants 2.0 shipped + reaching product market fit (so we can move the platform from centralized to decentralized + take advantage of the modular/forkable nature of Grants 2.0). This means delegating to people who are performing as A players and are making G2.0 happen (as well as those who are helping people in the wrong roles evolve forward to find a new fit. After that, and as the bottom is in on the bear market vibes I plan to majorly change my delegations to decentralize as much power as possible in a broad way (a good target for this = no one has over 10% of my delegated GTC).

here is the latest grants 2.0 roadmap timeline that im aware of, which should give you a sense of how this will evolve over time

That said, I am starting to broaden the delegations already but we’ve got to build that muscle. I’ve actually only gotten 6 suggestions from the community about who to spread delegations to so far. I’d appreciate more suggestions via this form!

there is a larger question/discussion about the tradeoff space here. i posted some twitter threads about the tradeoff space between action + decentralization here as well.

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.07.31 AM

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.07.21 AM

I’m open to feedback on the above thinking. This post is intended for transparency purposes + is the start of a convo not the end.


Disclaimer: This post is for informative purposes only and is not financial advice. This post reflects my personal views, not a decision or commitment by Gitcoin governance. Forward-looking items in it are targets, not commitments. The information in these posts is subject to change as we continue learning. This post may contain estimates, may contain errors, and is provided on a best-effort basis. DYOR, do not make any financial decisions based on these posts.

3 Likes