Gitcoin for individual devs

Hello to everyone! Im new to the community and i was wondering what strengths and pitfalls(things that could be improved) other software developers see in Gitcoin as a way to monetize open source development. As an individual programmer do you see this platform as potentially a full time job or a way to monteize your passion projects? I am very excited of the future Gitcoin is trying to create.

5 Likes

I think itโ€™s based upon voting and managing the projects as a co-operative team and get public funding from the proposals they make upon the project. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Great question @Moonmonky :pray:

I think the $21.4m in Results | Gitcoin speak volumes.

Perhaps @owocki has some good resources to hand to help you experience it best for yourself?

4 Likes

Wow! this web its kinda huge i didnโ€™t even see $21.4m in Results | Gitcoin To be honest,it seems I have a lot more to learn around here. I donโ€™t even know how the Kudos work.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! Now it clicked how this type of monetization could change the industry. From an individual devโ€™s POV its an awesome way of getting in contact with other devs and joining a team as a full time job!

1 Like

Had no idea there had already been so much engagement in terms of investements! thanks for the info :smiley:

1 Like