- Shawn16400 proposes three Amendments to the Steward Council building upon Proposal: V2 of the Steward Council, namely: removing the specificity of the team composition, changing meeting type and frequency, and adjustments to the election process.
Weekly Workstream Update
Here are key highlights from the weekly workstream update - (video here)
Allo + Grants Stack:
- The current teams have been divided into two. The Allo team will focus on building Allo Protocol for developers requiring resource allocation tools. The Grants Stacks team will focus on building Grants Stack for program managers who require resource allocation, as a user-friendly tool for operating grant programs.
- The user-centric product focus will enable the development of specialized skill sets and different work styles. Prioritizing problem-solving over implementing features, building for self-serve audiences, balancing proactive vs reactive prioritization. Check out the brief to dive deeper.
- Documentation and tutorials for voting and payout strategy have been updated. Documentation for project registry integration, API and starter kit are lined up next to facilitate development on the protocol.
- Next focus will be on wrapping up solar/lunar punk requirements. Q2 priorities for DevRel can be reviewed here
- Brand elements (logo, typography, palette, first round graphics) shipping this week, with ongoing development of additional assets (graphics, merch, summer drips) underway.
- New Allo v1 “drip” launch kickoff date is May 29. Comarketing & case studies planned through July
- Draft marketing roadmap complete - waiting for review and launch date updates.
- Visuals have been shared, shipping brand next week. Grants Operator Toolkit development work underway.
Public Goods Funding
- Applications for the Citizens Round are OPEN NOW until June 4th! This round will be on Optimism, with a 20K DAI matching pool.
- Continuing to work through quality assurance issues: [big ones: saturation, minimum donation threshold, QF calc order-of-operations]
- Focus on fraud detection and squelching, including cursory analysis for partners’ rounds; some featured rounds already finalized and paid out.
- First iteration results here for calc-checks.
- Sybil outcomes here (with rule-trigger documented!).
- Partners are not showing huge concern for manipulation, and evidence of self-attack is minimal (highly obvious with the help of Umar’s dash!).
- Reviewing the process for community-reported attacks so that these can be consolidated and fully transparent.
- Sybil prevalence estimates are now something we will report round-by-round for core rounds.
- View the metrics dashboard to see contributions across rounds and projects for the Gitcoin Beta Round.
- View the new round-wide data visualization tool from Supermodular here.
- Survey went out to grantees with 52 responses as of May 23 (~13%). Further grantee optional survey data to be completed between rounds. Grantee experience learnings forthcoming!
- Focus on bug fixes based on Beta Round feedback, along with onchain stamps (EAS) - (MVP on Sepolia, working Arbitrum).
- Roadmap updates for introduction of new stamps (e.g. Hypercerts,ZKSync Era, Phi, Holonym, Idena) in progress.
- Upcoming focus on new stamp meta-data endpoint, Unique Humanity Score improvements, UX improvements, Ceramic ComposeDB Upgrade.
- Migration completed for Bankless Academy (SDK, API live), including an in-depth technical guide for score integration.
- Score gating technical guide and prebuilt Passport components in progress.
- Passport Brand revisit in progress (cross-functional working group has been activated to make sure we’re very happy with mission, vision, etc, so we can confidently launch large marketing campaigns).
- Documents to support the business development team in progress.
- Released Release Notes #5.
- New protocol for social with Cyberconnect; 100k passports were anticipated based on active users and ~180k created in total. 7.7k new Passports with passing score over the weekend.
- Scoring mechanism is iterative (read more here!), average score hovering close to minimum thresholds (15-26), score bands for integrator risk tolerance forthcoming.
- Website updates underway. 2-week sprint to develop Allo page, revised homepage, updated nav. Next 2-week sprint (starting May 29) to develop program page, Grants Stack v2 page, WTFisQF site (TBC). Full schedule here.
- As part of efforts to reposition Gitcoin as a tech-first organization, the Gitcoin Thought Leadership Program will help existing and emerging thought leaders share their expertise to build eminence. For details on participation, see the Notion page here.
- In progress: Grants Stack visual identity, Canva template, Impact Report and Research, DAO-wide visual audit, PGN visual identity, EthCC planning and visuals.
GitcoinDAO Governance Overview:
Snapshot polls GTC Stewards. Tally performs on-chain actions. Proposals that have on-chain steps, such as budget requests, are approved on Snapshot before moving on to Tally.
- [Proposal] - Amendments to the Steward Council
- [GCP-009] - Upgrading Gitcoin Governance Contracts
- [Proposal] - State of Web3 Grants Report
- [Proposal] - Gating who can make a Snapshot governance proposals
Gitcoin Community Call: Weekly discussions to seek community opinions on the latest DAO decisions happen every Wednesday @ 12 pm ET. Catch-up on recordings of recent conversations here:
May 17: The Future of Schelling Point
May 10: Beta Round Recap
May 3: Beta Round Half Time Show
New to Gitcoin?
- Explore the future of Gitcoin at our new website, and checkout Gitcoin Community Hub for key resources and events.
Thanks for reading!
PS: Click here to subscribe to the DAO Digest