DAOs require a lot of context to be governed well.
Gitcoin has done an extraordinary job of making sure that any material information about the governance Gitcoin is public (whether on the gov forum, notions, youtube channel, or on-chain), but this has resulted in a flood of information that governors need to consume in order to be prepared for governing Gitcoin.
This can mean that DAOs begin to be governed by insiders (people who are employed by the DAO and can spend 40 hours/week gathering context from public information) as opposed to outside governors (who may have a better view on the org outside in, but only can spend a few hours a quarter consuming information about the DAO).
I am interested in closing the gap between insiders and outsiders, and that’s why I’ve been experimenting with a new tool called http://gitcoin.ai
http://gitcoin.ai is a LLM chatbot powered by ChatGPT4 that is trained on gitcoin.co, gov.gitcoin.co, the gitcoin notion, endgame.gitcoin.co, impact.gitcoin.co, support.gitcoin.co, and information in the Gitcoin google drive.
In the future,
- I think it’d be cool to extend this chatbot with historical data/analytics about past GG rounds. If this vision is successful of having to write a dune query for Gitcoin info, people could just ask the chatbot.
- I’d love to add developer docs to this site, to make it easy to know how to do dev stuff on allo/gs/passport.
- Any data source that Docsbot supports can be added to the training material. Please give me suggestions of what to train it on!
- I’ll have to iterate this chatbot forward (or kill it) based on community feedback.
Ideally this chatbot can be a tool that you can ask anything about Gitcoin to, and receive an answer, without having to comb through the mountain of context. Feel free to give it a spin ( http://gitcoin.ai ) and let me know what you think.
- THIS BOT IS IN ALPHA. BE EXTRA CAREFUL ABOUT TRUSTING WHAT IT SAYS TO YOU.
- This bot does not give financial or tax advice. This content is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any assets or to make any financial decisions. This resource is not tax advice. Talk to your accountant. Do your own research.