Crypto Spring 2022 🌺

Back in 2018, when the market went down quite a bit, a few of us at Consensys got together and wrote a zine entitled ‘Crypto Spring’, which we then distributed at ETHDenver.

The objective of doing this would be to help people adjust to changing market conditions, and to create a vessel of for education about the cyclical nature of this ecosystem.

Looks like Gitcoin’s own Gloria picked one up! (This is before she worked at Gitcoin Holdings). It is nice to work with people in this ecosystem who have survived multiple up times & down times. The experience of the high highs and the low lows gives one the perspective of being able to weather volatility.

If you are interested in the Crypto Spring 2018 report, you can download it here.

Now that we’ve hit the 2022 bear, I’m wondering if there is appetite at GitcoinDAO (or within the ecosystem at large) to publish another one of these.

I think a 2022 edition of this zine would focus on what we learned from the last cycle, and what we see coming next. The zine should not promise that any such market recovery is coming, but it should analyze the trends that we see as web3 ecosystem stewards and GitcoinDAO stewards.

It would take 4-8 people each writing 500-1500 word essays on how they view the ecosystem. I (or the MMM if they want it) would then ask a designer who I work with to bundle it up as a zine.

The objective of doing this would be to help people adjust to changing market conditions, and to create a vessel of for education about the cyclical nature of this ecosystem.

Is there any interest in this? @Pop @seanmac Totally understand if the answer is no that its not a priority rn.

2 Likes