Hi GitCoin community,
My name’s Andy and I’m the head of DAO product at Techtree, a startup company working on an bounty based value exchange platform.
Techtree is a platform, where users can monetize their personal assets such as personal networks, knowledge and reputation by helping other members of trusted networks (such as DAOs, VCs and their portcos, communities) they belong to. Our initial focus is one of key Web3 challenges - hiring. We believe we can scale the workforce of DAOs and žeb3 Communities by making it easy for their existing permanent workforce and larger community to refer talent to open positions while getting systemically rewarded.
We are already working with a number of VCs and their portfolio companies as well as Web3 Projects and are excited to pilot the model with top DAOs to help grow their workforce.
- Founding team : Pawel, Stanislas, Laurence
- DAO Head of product : Andy (author of this post)
- TechTree is backed by Notion Capital, Frontline Ventures, StakeDAO, Move Capital as well as the ex-CEO of Skype, ex-CTO of Workday, ex-CTO of Nutmeg, co-founder and ex-CFO of Monzo and ex-Head of Sales of Stackoverflow and additional great angel investors.
- Over 400k USD paid out in bounties
- Companies backed by top investors such as A16Z, Sequoia, Index, Northzone, NFX, Advent or ecosystems like MakerDAO or Solana have hired tech talent through us .
- Inflection.xyz - leading Web3 European Fund
- Tech Nation - Top UK growth programme whose alumni include almost 200 top tech companies including unicorns like Revolut, Monzo, Tessian, Paddle, Eliptic and many more
- Waitlist / onboarding
- VCs: Notion Capital, Polychain Capital, Frontline Ventures + 21 other VCs
Effective, time and cost-efficient hiring of quality talent has been a challenge for Web3 space. A few most challenging issues are:
- Slow and high cost to attract and hire Web3 Talent using agencies
- Low trust in jumping for Web2 to Web3 for many talented developers
- Apathy in potential candidates due to quantity-oriented hedging strategies by recruiters.
- No systemic flow of talent between DAOs, Web3 Communities and VC Portfolio companies
At the heart of Techtree are Talent Branches. It is a talent pool of referred talent accessible for its select members e.g. hiring parties in the GitCoin community. Talent can be referred by the community itself or can flow from other communities, DAOs and VCs based on candidate opt-in to get visible to other talent branches.
Candidates apply directly to the Talent Branch generic roles or get referred via sharable bounty boards - a simple listing of open jobs with their corresponding bounties.
Techtree talent branches are interoperable which means, opted in talent can be made visible to ecosystems creating one overarching talent network.
Techtree model offers tiered rewards depending on the role you play for getting to the candidate who gets hired (Creators, Sharer, Referrer rights) .
Additionally there’s a flat fee model. As Techtree we’re charging 15% on top of the bounty once talent gets hired. More information is available in the Mirror post here
It’s all basically about effective hiring while rewarding community for help.
- Hiring is faster and cheaper with a systemic hiring reward system empowering the community
- DAO members’ can start monetizing their personal networks
- Value is retained within the ecosystem instead of paying intermediaries
- Additional DAO revenue streams can be created by referring talent and collecting bounties within broader Web3 space
- You help build an ecosystem of Web3 talent flowing seamlessly across different DAOs, communities and VC portfolio companies
We are thinking of a number of features to include in the future releases. Here are some of them:
- bounties locked in DAO native token (currently FIAT and USDC only)
- profit pools shared among communities as Techtree starts generating profit
- applying bounties to other ares including knowledge, sales, asset acquisition and more
We are looking forward to hear from the community about current DAO hiring needs and the potential of running a pilot project to help make hiring more effective across different projects in the GitCoin ecosystem.
To run a pilot project we:
- Create GitCoin talent branch (or DAO-wide talent pool)
- Help projects that are currently hiring set up their bounties
- Actively promote the talent branch throughout Techtree network
Since we already have a huge pool of talent sourced from a number of active talent branches, talent can flow from in and be readily available to hiring managers in the DAO.
We are of course more than happy to present Techtree to the community in more detail.
Thank you for reading the post.