Community-Created Quadratic Voting NFT to Fund Public Goods!

In 2017, a social experiment was launched on Reddit in the form of a subreddit called “place”, which contained a collaborative pixel art canvas, where a user could place a pixel every five minutes. The resulting artwork (and time lapse Reddit Place (/r/place) - FULL 72h (90fps) TIMELAPSE - YouTube) was both stunning and an insightful look at social cooperation on the internet.

I think it would be extremely interesting to create a pixel art canvas that utilizes quadratic voting to determine pixel color and in which the 90% of funds used in voting are directed to Gitcoin’s treasury to fund grants, and 10% go to the creators. The artwork could ultimately be listed as well and sold for the same purposes. I haven’t made an official proposal yet, because I’m interested in getting feedback on this idea. Let me know as well if this is something you might be interested in contributing to.

6 Likes

This is a very good proposal, NFT is a very good trend, and we should embrace it.

2 Likes

Hey @haywyer, if you haven’t already I’d highly encourage you to check out moonshotcollective.space and join the workstream @owocki and @austingriffith have put together for building out these kinds of experients. Love the idea here!

2 Likes

thanks @ceresstation , I will check it out!