Citizens Retro Update

Citizens Retro Update

This is to provide an update to the Citizens Grants Program, specifically Citizens Retro #4. As outlined in this post, some changes are underway to the Retro round. Citizen Grants as a whole is currently undergoing review, with a potential major redesign.

Given our strategic shifts to make the Gitcoin 2.0 vision a reality, we are currently redesigning the program from first-principles (with the help of the Grants Program Canvas!) so that we can ensure it further aligns to our goals and creates more clarity for community members on where their contributions will create the most impact in the Gitcoin Ecosystem. The current working group consists of myself (@MathildaDV) @owocki, @deltajuliet, @Viriya, @CoachJonathan, consulting @sejalrekhan.

Other notes worth mentioning:

• Moving forward, Iโ€™ll be taking the lead on the Citizens Retro. We feel that an important next step in the evolution of this program is to appoint a high-context contributor to drive and hold the vision for the program for the time being.
  • We are still hiring! I will share a job description for a full-time grants coordinator position via my Twitter very soon (so if youโ€™re interested in getting involved, please keep an eye out!). All candidates that have applied to the Citizens Retro will still be considered for this new position.
  • I would like to extend my gratitude and admiration to @krrisis, who has taken the lead on getting the Retro round to where it is today. It has been wonderful to see it grow into what it is, and I deeply appreciate Krisโ€™ hard work.

Continue to keep an eye out for exciting updates ahead! More details to follow.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these updates, please leave your comments below. Otherwise, stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Itโ€™s very nice that we are up to date with any new decisions. As a suggestion, the style that Charmverse has for milestones itโ€™s incredible. Maybe we can take a look at this.

1 Like