ASK: Make Decentralize Gitcoin beautiful! We need visual assets

The Decentralize Gitcoin Grants workstream is in need of good visual assets. We could use a logo and related assets for the project.

It would be great if they were similar enough to the current Gitcoin brand design.

I have posted a Github issue here (Decentralize Gitcoin needs visual assets! · Issue #1 · dcgtc/assets · GitHub) with more details.

If you are interested in contributing your skills and time, please let me know here!

4 Likes

Hey, I can do this. The only thing I’m not super clear on is how the logos need to be different from each other. Different iconography, different proportions?

1 Like

I would like to contribute to this, unfortunately I’m booked solid time wise until the night of the 3rd…

Leave this open for awhile and I’ll get some ideas rolling, maybe if I get a few hours off I’ll throw a few concepts out.

1 Like

Hi @phutchins - I’d be happy to take a shot at these if @Spugpow hasn’t already

I can make a few iterations in Figma tomorrow - let me know

very  nice!!

我想为此做出贡献,不幸的是,我在第三天晚上之前被预订了可靠的时间…

把它打开一段时间,我会得到一些想法,也许如果我休息几个小时,我会抛出一些概念。

Once there was a robot with a vision that made a lot of friends but over time, it got a bit tight in his garage - so some brave pioneers build a punk space ship …

Logo idea explained

• Its a spaceship ( star wars falcon vs enterprise )
  • It has a reference to the Gitcoin Helmet
  • It has a little reference to the Open Source Logo
  • It has the Gitcoin Colors

Name ideas

• Open Gitcoin
  • dcgtc

4 Likes

i like it. it would be cool to see the DAO have it’s own logo

1 Like

It seems a little too vanilla, it could be for any type of Git… But its a concept to stir up ideas and get feedback.

Here is a 3D concept Gitcoin3D - Download Free 3D model by cryptocutter (@cryptocutter) [93ffc1a] - Sketchfab

It’s interactive, you can spin, make it bigger, smaller ect.

another concept, please feel free to give feedback, use cases, dislikes, likes, I appreciate honesty in all its forms, also feel free to take and change the pictures if you want.

1 Like

octavian mentioned my spaceship already includes the D the A and the O . so maybe it could also be used as the DAO logo - as disruptionjoe asked for. i tryed to bring all the gitcoin icons a bit more together to see a bit the context - and added already some examples for the workstream and 2 of 4 currently available workstreams.

4 Likes

I imagine we take the grants icon and seperate the triangles making them decentralized. Have it represent a decentralized diagram in some creative way.

1 Like

Great proposal and implementation, we need a good logo for visual impact.

got it. its not about the “workstream” what will do “whatever decentralized” things, but we are looking for the “decentral” version of the “grants” logo. here my fav 4 options after playing a while with triangle shapes.

got it. its not about the “workstream” what will do “whatever decentralized” things, but we are looking for the “decentral” version of the “grants” logo. here my fav 4 options after playing a while with triangle shapes.

actually these 2 are my favorites so far . left one is a bit more special . the green lines represent the “connection” between grant-providers

3 Likes

These are fantastic @scco! If we had one for Decentralizing Gitcoin as a whole that would be fantastic as well. Can you find a way to incorporate what you did for grants at a higher level with Gitcoin? I love the theme that you have going on here.

good to hear. after collecting some feedback, it will be the left one for decentralized grants. regarding another icon for decentralizing gitcoin - i will need to think a bit more. i could think of “spread the helmet” / “open the helmet”.