[Workstream] Fraud Detection and Defense Working Group Assemble!

Thank you @php @wuhaisheng88 @bobjiang @leon @wyx for jumping in and joining this discussion! :pray: Invites are all updated/sent :smiley:

Which GG character are you and why? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:books: Reading List:

LIBRARY:

3 Likes

And @wyx you are a hero!!! Thank you SO much for offering, we would super appreciate you recording the session - I’ve sent you an invite :pray::pray::pray:

Invited! Thank you for sharing @David_Dyor - see you there!

2 Likes

MEETING STARTING NOW Anti-Sybil Steward Education Workstream
Thursday, June 10 · 4:00 – 5:00pm EST
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/pcf-gmfn-yvx

:pray: Thank you so much to all who joined the meeting today!! :pray:

:notebook: Here is the Orientation Presentation from this First Session:

:bookmark_tabs: Meeting Notes:

:mega: Workstream Communications

We will continue to post major updates here on the forum but we are now chatting in the Gitcoin Discord in the :chains:sybil-defenders channel, and the grants are now being transparently reviewed in the :cowboy_hat_face:grants-review channel for those interested in that substream:

:crossed_swords: If you are interested in participating, please add which area you would like to contribute to in this Excel spreadsheet - under the column “Substream Commits: Working Group Ops & Comms, Grant Evaluations, ML/Data Science” :

@Jiajia is working on a mapping for the sub stream roles and contacts, will post when she is finished - thank you Jiajia and everyone for your interest in joining us! :pray:

1 Like

Here is a video of the meeting. My audio capture was messed up so theres no meeting audio but if you are skilled in reading lips, you will find this particularly useful.

5 Likes

Great meeting and getting to know everybody. Stay safe out there, and in here.

1 Like

generally against governance as thought about and practiced

WYX, thank you so much for posting this video. I couldn’t make it yesterday, so looking forward to watching!

1 Like

Great list of resources Jessica, just seeing these now - thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hi, I’m interested in researching anti-Sybil systems

1 Like

Maybe, After I read info, btw I want to participate in this idea and how can i get it

2 Likes

I’m a research engineer with relevant anti-fraud experience. I’d like to participate in this workstream.

2 Likes

I am a noob in this space, though I have some background in data modeling. I am and willing to learn and help.

1 Like

Very interested in this and governance of said workstream

1 Like

Hi everyone and thank you for your interest! To join the group, receive invites and participate, please fill out the spreadsheet above, review the ed workshop/orientation powerpoint above, and have a look at the reading list.

We are looking for committed stewards to support in working group ops & comms, the grant approvals review process and for those with a data science background - the ML algo/tech pipeline.

We have a meeting today at 4pm EST / 10pm CET focused on the grant approvals process and upcoming GG Round 10 - here is the agenda:

• Review Notion Setup for Workstream
    • Overview of pipelines & objectives - Define, Detect, Evaluate, Sanction
    • How to participate in each
  • Review Grant Approval Process
    • Topology of bad grants & gray areas
    • How might we create a clear policy for GR11?
    • Separating PLATFORM from ECOSYSTEM
    • Q & A
  • Review Sybil Attack Mitigation Process
    • Topology of Attacks
    • Preventative Measures
      • Minimum Contribution Amount
      • Trust Bonus Requirement
  • Open Discussion - Potentially a 10 minute Mural brainstorm
    • What are the high impact, low difficulty adjustments we could make to improve the legitimacy of Gitcoin Grants?
    • What do you think we could do better or different for DEFINE, DETECT, EVALUATE, SANCTION pipelines?
    • What would a healthy and organized workstream look like?

Next Tuesday, 9am EST / 3pm CET we will have a 2nd educational workshop/orientation for the ML pipeline.

Again, please indicate your interest/experience/etc. on the spreadsheet.

Have a lovely day and look forward to working with you all!

3 Likes

Meeting starting now

3 Likes

I’m sorry I was in unable to make the meeting. Is there a recording?

1 Like

No worries :smiley: Yes, Joe recorded - I am working with him to get that up and will post here - thank you for asking and will follow up on Discord as well :pray: