[Workstream] Fraud Detection and Defense Working Group Assemble!

Here is a video of the meeting. My audio capture was messed up so theres no meeting audio but if you are skilled in reading lips, you will find this particularly useful.

5 Likes

Great meeting and getting to know everybody. Stay safe out there, and in here.

1 Like

generally against governance as thought about and practiced

WYX, thank you so much for posting this video. I couldnā€™t make it yesterday, so looking forward to watching!

1 Like

Great list of resources Jessica, just seeing these now - thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m interested in researching anti-Sybil systems

1 Like

Maybe, After I read info, btw I want to participate in this idea and how can i get it

2 Likes

Iā€™m a research engineer with relevant anti-fraud experience. Iā€™d like to participate in this workstream.

2 Likes

I am a noob in this space, though I have some background in data modeling. I am and willing to learn and help.

1 Like

Very interested in this and governance of said workstream

1 Like

Hi everyone and thank you for your interest! To join the group, receive invites and participate, please fill out the spreadsheet above, review the ed workshop/orientation powerpoint above, and have a look at the reading list.

We are looking for committed stewards to support in working group ops & comms, the grant approvals review process and for those with a data science background - the ML algo/tech pipeline.

We have a meeting today at 4pm EST / 10pm CET focused on the grant approvals process and upcoming GG Round 10 - here is the agenda:

• Review Notion Setup for Workstream
    • Overview of pipelines & objectives - Define, Detect, Evaluate, Sanction
    • How to participate in each
  • Review Grant Approval Process
    • Topology of bad grants & gray areas
    • How might we create a clear policy for GR11?
    • Separating PLATFORM from ECOSYSTEM
    • Q & A
  • Review Sybil Attack Mitigation Process
    • Topology of Attacks
    • Preventative Measures
      • Minimum Contribution Amount
      • Trust Bonus Requirement
  • Open Discussion - Potentially a 10 minute Mural brainstorm
    • What are the high impact, low difficulty adjustments we could make to improve the legitimacy of Gitcoin Grants?
    • What do you think we could do better or different for DEFINE, DETECT, EVALUATE, SANCTION pipelines?
    • What would a healthy and organized workstream look like?

Next Tuesday, 9am EST / 3pm CET we will have a 2nd educational workshop/orientation for the ML pipeline.

Again, please indicate your interest/experience/etc. on the spreadsheet.

Have a lovely day and look forward to working with you all!

3 Likes

Meeting starting now

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry I was in unable to make the meeting. Is there a recording?

1 Like

No worries :smiley: Yes, Joe recorded - I am working with him to get that up and will post here - thank you for asking and will follow up on Discord as well :pray:

Topic: Disruption Joeā€™s Personal Meeting Room
Start Time : Jun 15, 2021 02:59 PM

Meeting Recording:

1 Like

Thank you @JessicaZartler for the recording :slight_smile:

1 Like

In case you werenā€™t attending the meeting like I did :frowning:
I came up with some quick notes from watching the VOD:

• the review process needs to be significantly more decentralized, more discussion about moving process to notion and the particular methodologies that (suspected) sybil attackers use
    some discussion on BrightID, and how it can be used to weed out attackers who are swapping bright IDs from one account to another, maybe it can be used as a flagging mechanism. David brings up that there could be a score associated

• if youā€™d like to join the grants working group, you can message Jessica, see if you can make the commitment every 3 days, 30-60 minutes of async work reviewing grants

• Jessica mentions how the block science team will be assisted by the data science team, fine tuning inputs, etc, etc.

3 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @Sirlupinwatson! And thank you so much @wyx for sharing your notes as well! :raised_hands:

Itā€™s that day of the weekā€¦ we have our workstream meeting today - please add your info to this spreadsheet and join us on Zoom at 4pm EST / 10pm CET:

Meeting

You can check out the agenda for the meeting here:

Look forward to seeing you there!

Quick meeting note summary:

• Just a recap of all the subworkstreams, can refer to slides
  • Some issues with the how transparent to be, obviously donā€™t want to give a guide on how to game the gitcoin ecosystem
  • more delegation of tasks from Jessica to others in the WG
  • compensating members of the WG for their time using a gitcoin grant
  • set up a discord channel where you have to have a certain role to get in, contact Scott Moore on discord to get this role.

Also, we want to ensure that everyone can make the meetings, please check out this when2meet and mark down your availability:
https://www.when2meet.com/?12175745-WRVkX

3 Likes