AMA with me - Kevin Owocki

Hi all,

I’m one of the team members at the Gitcoin core development company, Kevin Owocki.

I was wondering what questions the community has for us. Feel free to AMA.

9 Likes

I’m new here so it’s a bit adjusting. Can you make a move quickly understand?

2 Likes

We will see what happined i want the best wishes for be gitcoin the best

Hi @owocki,

Do you have any experience personally or of witnessing others propose to an incumbent organisation that they should become a DAO?

i do not; but in a way this is similar to whats happening with gitcoin growing gitcoindao now.

1 Like

Hey @owocki , ccho :wink:

great job with the launch, it just might be the most egalitarian and transparent launch of any DAO to date, congrats to you and the team

curious about your vision for gitcoindao… more specifically what might the future look like for less experienced (not quite steward level) contributors? working groups? forum discussions and proposals? I’m sure there are a lot of people wanting to pitch in down the road

cheers,
zk

Thanks for your reply @owocki. It will be interesting to see what gitcoindao inspires.

1 Like

hi @zkwaffles thanks for stopping by.

curious about your vision for gitcoindao…

basically the idea is for gitcoindao to be a schelling point for the hopeful; for those who want to build a vessel that can go to the quadratic lands - the promised land of digital democracy and public goods being funded.

tangibly that means creating a DAO of DAOs - a generator function (a function that generates other functions) that generates projects/DAOs/companies that fund public goods.

this is of course new framing of what we’ve been doing for a very long time => Impact Results | Gitcoin . coordinating builders & funders to build/fund the open web.

more specifically what might the future look like for less experienced (not quite steward level) contributors? working groups? forum discussions and proposals? I’m sure there are a lot of people wanting to pitch in down the road
the workstreams that i’ve seen proposed from the community

all have different proposals about what types of community members should get involved, so id probably start there to learn about how you can get involved

also if u come hang out on the community call tomorrow we can just chill + see what ideas come up there https://twitter.com/gitcoin/status/1397977519895236617

5 Likes

@owocki Is there a place on this forum for sharing project ideas? Or are we more focused governance here?

@ceresstation @Yalor wut u guys think? id love to have a projtect pitches & demos section that @austingriffith and i can rap with ppl on

3 Likes
what other functions come out behind,for the better development of blockchain

i dont understand the question

1 Like

Seriously looking forward to this

1 Like

Congrats on what you are doing @owocki. In the long term, what do you think the funding sources for incentivizing Open source development can be?

How about some sort of an alumi-donations from projects that get funded by Gitcoin DAO and gain success. Maybe some kind of voluntary equity model from those founders?? (Sorry if this sound more like an idea wrapped in a question, LOL)

1 Like

thats an interesting suggestion. you should perhaps pitch it over on Workstream Suggestion: Public Goods *Prototyping*

1 Like

what are the advantages of gitcoin

earn/learn/connect for software devs in web3

browse around on http://gitcoin.co/ and see for yourself!

2 Likes